The General Conversation Area

Having completed this review I now have the recurring fate of re-reading it and doubting that any of it is actually worth publication :confused:
If it’s worth anything, judging by what you do in the viewing thread I’m willing to bet it’s better than you’re giving it credit for. Anyway, how’s France?

If it’s worth anything, judging by what you do in the viewing thread I’m willing to bet it’s better than you’re giving it credit for. Anyway, how’s France?
Hot as balls, I'm in the shadier part of the house we're staying in editing this review. I need a reprieve from the heat!

You done any touristy things?

As for the heat... sounds like you need a pool. :p
Oh we have a pool which I intend to use in a bit. As for touristy stuff we've done a bit of walking and went to a very impressive mini golf course yesterday but alas it's too hot to be out and about for too long

Oh we have a pool which I intend to use in a bit. As for touristy stuff we've done a bit of walking and went to a very impressive mini golf course yesterday but alas it's too hot to be out and about for too long
Dang, I can’t torment you by saying I’ll jump in mine! Seems unfortunate that the heats stopping you being out too long, does make sense though.

Dang, I can’t torment you by saying I’ll jump in mine! Seems unfortunate that the heats stopping you being out too long, does make sense though.
I do enjoy having a swim, but if I sat out there sunbathing all day I'd likely end up resembling very crispy bacon (sans that signature taste but with an equal degree of saltiness.)

A couple of the front pages of the rags I perused in the shop earlier were warning that Brits on holiday in Spain and Portugal were at risk of dying from the heat (up to 48°!)
I can't say that shocks me, Brits aren't made for the heat as it is but no one is made for that sort of heatwave!

To be fair as long as you’re sensible and don’t have underlying health issues, I can’t see it being much of a problem in terms of causing fatalities. Just use common sense and move into the fridge rather than staying out in the sun all day.

Psssst get someone who already does reviews on here to read it and get some “advice” from them. You know you want to.
That'd feel like cheating, gotta prove I can write a competent review without reliance on outside sources!

That'd feel like cheating, gotta prove I can write a competent review without reliance on outside sources!
Then the next natural step I can think of is to plagiarise an already existing review! :p more seriously, hope the reviews turn out better than you hope they will!

No one else in my family would have a clue what I'm on about ;)
That's true but a fresh pair of eyes can look out for grammatical errors or perhaps a cleaner way of phrasing things.

Regardless of the subject matter, anyone can "proof read" ;)

Back