The General Conversation Area

Only if Aion's true form is that of a late middle-aged woman with a superior attitude and an entitlement complex.

Luckily I had a graphic novel fan spend £20+ straight after and agree with me on Warren Ellis' brilliance. Rough with the smooth, ayase, rough with the smooth...

ayase said:
I have just had the following experience. My thoughts are in italics:

[Cu*tomer brings book to counter]
C: "Colin Dexter, he did write the Inspector Morse books, didn't he?"
Me: "...Yes, that is an Inspector Morse book."

It says "An Inspector Morse Mystery" right there on the cover...

Me: "That's £3 then please."
C: "£3?"
Me: "Yes."
C: "I thought it was £1."
Me: "No, £3." [points to clear, black on white sticker on the front cover reading £3.00]

Why are you even buying a book? It's now obvious you can't read, at all...

C: "Oh, well I won't get it then. That's too much."
Me: "These are new books you understand?"
C: "Yes, well." [exits]
Me: "Bye."

Have a nice day. Please slip and break your pelvis on the way down to the beach
. :)

Maybe the problem was you thought "new" but didn't say it? ;)

(Get it? You said your thoughts were in italics... and you put the word "new" in Italics, so now your sentance reads, "These are books you understand?" Oh boy i'm funny! ;) )

panda z said:
@Spyro - Like I said I'm hopeful that Valkyria Chronicles is going to get a bit better soon - the game seemed quite popular, and i'm hoping that part of that popularity was based around the storyline...
I'm getting pretty bored of Bleach too - I'm watching the dubs as they are broadcast in America and we are just beginning series 7, but I feel like the quality of the story has really gone downhill since the Bount arc. But again, I'm still hopeful :) I've heard good things about the Arrancar arcs, so maybe it will pick up again soon.

Yeah. Man, the Arrancar arc was just sheer badass. Definatly worth the wait i'll tell ya that.

Zin5ki said:
Today I went to the coast, not far from where ayase resides.
Saw more puffins than I was expecting. Some even flew over my head.
Bempton Cliffs, amirite? Good to know the puffins are doing okay. I only saw one the last time I was down there.

@Spyro - Ha. Ha. Ha.

;)

Valkyria's going off track with the game now

u can tell since we're 70% through the season and Isara isn't dead yet

but i know it's comming :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Ryo Chan said:

I've been saying this to myself since earlier on in the show, when they were at the Barious Ruins. Faldio is meant to go back to that place at a later date and what did they do? I'm sure they're changing the story so that what you say doesn't happen.

ayase said:
Bempton Cliffs, amirite? Good to know the puffins are doing okay. I only saw one the last time I was down there.
A couple of miles south. Bempton is usually swarmed with gannets, such that one can only see one or two puffins. Where we were, the number was much higher. I think they might prefer the isolation of coves to the exposure of sheer cliffs. Then again, perhaps the fish just so happened to be more concentrated in such a location.

Ryo Chan said:

Episode 17 is The Battle of Marberry Shore, so for anyone who has passed that point in the game you know
what happens.

Titan said:
Ryo Chan said:

Episode 17 is The Battle of Marberry Shore, so for anyone who has passed that point in the game you know
what happens.

i'll go get my tissues

edit: just seen the preview, i'm positive it will happen end of the ep

Morning people.

Wow, I actually had the time to buy myself some milk for my coffee this morning. Doesn't make the dirt cheap coffee taste any better like.

Stop almost spoiling Valkyria Chronicles for me! :evil:

ayase said:
Doesn't make the dirt cheap coffee taste any better like.
Clearly this is the point where you start bringing a hip flask into work to slip into your coffee. One step closer to Bernard Black :lol:

On a good day when people are polite and buy things I'm happy. On a day when there's nothing but sour-faced bastards who buy nothing and don't even reply when I say hello to them I feel very close to it...

"Are they leather-bound pounds? Sorry, I need leather-bound pounds to go with my wallet."

ayase said:
On a good day when people are polite and buy things I'm happy. On a day when there's nothing but sour-faced bastards who buy nothing and don't even reply when I say hello to them I feel very close to it...

"Are they leather-bound pounds? Sorry, I need leather-bound pounds to go with my wallet."

You watch Black Books too, then?

That show was hilarious.

Favorite episode had to be the ep where Manny (Bill Bailey) stayed up all night watching The Sweeney :lol:

Watched it, bought the DVD's, became the main character. You don't get much more of a fan than that. ;)

The quality did decline in the third series though, I'm glad they left it there. That "Moo-ma and Moo-pa" episode wasn't that funny at all. Far too standard sit-com fare for Black Books, I thought.

ayase said:
Watched it, bought the DVD's, became the main character. You don't get much more of a fan than that. ;)

The quality did decline in the third series though, I'm glad they left it there. That "Moo-ma and Moo-pa" episode wasn't that funny at all. Far too standard sit-com fare for Black Books, I thought.

You turned into the Irish dude? That's cool. Do you sit in your bookstore drinking wine? :lol:

http://img1.gelbooru.com//samples/429/sample_20ae1246d7e69e2c28a58c29bdd7c43e2f1170ad.jpg NSFW

I saw this image and thought it was uber cute and found it slightly funny

Back