The General Conversation Area

just about is. the mess he made and the fuss he made of it though, what level of super saiyan was he before hitting the table?

Edit:just occured that you might be talking about the CE, it was under the table top at the time, so it's safe
I was indeed talking about the CE, glad it survived, it's a very nice set

So I've finally got the money for a multi region Blu Ray player. But I'm torn between using this site LG BP350 Blu-ray Player<br>Multiregion Blu-Ray+DVD - Multiregionmagic The Home Of Multi Region UHD 4K, Blu-Ray & DVD and eBay Panasonic Blu-ray Player Multi Region All Zone Code Free DMP-BD83EB-K YouTube 5025232809011 | eBay Which one do you think is the safer option?
I've bought from multiregion magic a couple of times and can definitely recommend them.
I bought this player from them a while ago and it's a nice machine.

Last edited:
Mine's a Sony model so I can't say for sure if either of those players are reliable or not. Good to see someone else going Region free, it really opens up your collecting options

Huh turns out the eBay seller out next doors address instead of mine on the package, this is why I rant on a random forum instead of at their CS. In any case I'll delete the post since it isn't representative of what really happened "don't blame the eBay seller"-famous last words. Ah well it's an easy mistake to make with some websites.

Last edited:
So one of the managers actually noticed my ma(n)ga shirt. He was reminded of "those Japanese things... anime" what followed was the dumbest question I've heard in a while. "What anime are you?" Hmmm considering my eyes aren't half of my face, I don't have special traits in a group of friends with their own special traits and I don't have an enemy that forces me to go through self improvement I am not an anime, I am a human being

Now that's a price I'm willing to pay. Though i remember looking on Amazon and not being able to find one before trying other places. Thanks for that. I just saved a bit of money
Yeah It can be difficult finding the specific models, hopefully the player serves you well, their CS is usually solid if there's any problems

So one of the managers actually noticed my ma(n)ga shirt. He was reminded of "those Japanese things... anime" what followed was the dumbest question I've heard in a while. "What anime are you?" Hmmm considering my eyes aren't half of my face, I don't have special traits in a group of friends with their own special traits and I don't have an enemy that forces me to go through self improvement I am not an anime, I am a human being

Probably meant the shirt but I'd have said something like Saeki from Bible Black *shudders* it'd be hilarious, especially if your manager decided to google search :p.... vengeance is sweet.

Probably meant the shirt but I'd have said something like Saeki from Bible Black *shudders* it'd be hilarious, especially if your manager decided to google search :p.... vengeance is sweet.
Well he was guessing Pokemon, because that's the extent of most people's knowledge on Japanese stuff around here. The shirt is actually watamotes tomoko, anime's mascot anxiety sufferer

First job of the day: justice league rebirth. Now if this place actually printed manga I might like working here
Edit: it's a job taking the whole length of the machine. I'd usually need help for something like that but the other guys working opposite to me seem to be just naffing about, there's like 4 of them and we often work in teams of 2, still they are not offering to help. ******* strangling someone is justified!

Last edited:
Man the latest Nvidia drivers just messed my PC up something daft. It stopped detecting my 2nd monitor right away, which I thought was fine and would fix itself when done, came back upstairs and my main screen was a mess. Like the screen was white and when I moved the cursor little coloured dots would show up, looked like old CRT static but rather than black and white it was multi-coloured. So I restart the PC and nothings working properly, my GPU fans were going mental (they don't usually even spin unless I'm playing a game) and I get prompted to update my drivers, I do so and same deal but this time my screen keeps flashing black and my 2nd screen just won't work and again it was telling me to update drivers, just stuck in a loop really.

In the end I had to boot in safe mode, use a program to remove all GPU drivers and install the older drivers manually >_> had a look around and seems that this was a pretty common thing for people with GTX 1060s trying to install the new drivers, you'd think since they came out near a week ago Nvidia would have fixed them or something... What a fun way to start my day.

Man the latest Nvidia drivers just messed my PC up something daft. It stopped detecting my 2nd monitor right away, which I thought was fine and would fix itself when done, came back upstairs and my main screen was a mess. Like the screen was white and when I moved the cursor little coloured dots would show up, looked like old CRT static but rather than black and white it was multi-coloured. So I restart the PC and nothings working properly, my GPU fans were going mental (they don't usually even spin unless I'm playing a game) and I get prompted to update my drivers, I do so and same deal but this time my screen keeps flashing black and my 2nd screen just won't work and again it was telling me to update drivers, just stuck in a loop really.

In the end I had to boot in safe mode, use a program to remove all GPU drivers and install the older drivers manually >_> had a look around and seems that this was a pretty common thing for people with GTX 1060s trying to install the new drivers, you'd think since they came out near a week ago Nvidia would have fixed them or something... What a fun way to start my day.
Sounds... fun. I have a 1080ti, anything saying I should be worried or is it just your card?

Mine's a Sony model so I can't say for sure if either of those players are reliable or not. Good to see someone else going Region free, it really opens up your collecting options

Yeah, I can't imagine being an anime collector without owning a multi-region player! I have both a 5 year old Oppo BDP-93 and a newly purchased Oppo UDP-203 player, both with inexpensive region-free hardware mod kits I installed myself, so I should be good for Multi-region playback for a good while...

I only have a GTX 1050ti card in my PC, spent all my money on those Oppo Blu-ray players, I guess... :oops: But, I don't do any gaming, so I don't really need anything faster. As long as I can view 1080p video on my monitors without issues...

Still working on my arcade cab but I've finally done all the sprites, printed them and put them on the sides.
Most scenes I made myself using ripped sprites, some I had to cut from lossless screenshots and others such as the witcher, persona 4 & death note were ones I found and kept intact. (Pokemon took the longest as I made it using all 151 original pokemon shaped into the word.)

Next I have to apply a clear vinyl wrap over the whole thing which I am not looking forward to. 20180503_223656.jpg) 20180503_223615.jpg

Back