The General Conversation Area

The internet equivalent of morse code. You don't even know that?

Boredom is an odd thing. Even when you have more things to do than you'll ever have time for, it's still easy to feel bored. You'd think boredom only strikes those who having nothing to do, but that isn't the case.

I think, rather than calling it boredom, unhappiness is a better name. If a person is happy, then even a simple thing can be enjoyable. The reverse, however, isn't true. People view everything as empty when they have something pulling them down. I'm pretty sure that's why I can't enjoy what I loved as a child any longer.

...wait, was that too in-depth for a response to someone saying they felt bored, or simply out of place in a light-hearted chit-chat thread? Probably both. The result of not sleeping is either stupidity or seriousness - the latter in this instance.

CitizenGeek said:
What's low-level code? :s
Machine language. Though, I'm unsure how to to that on a web browser form in phpBB.
I'm surprised you posted in here though =)

Aion said:
...wait, was that too in-depth for a response to someone saying they felt bored, or simply out of place in a light-hearted chit-chat thread? Probably both. The result of not sleeping is either stupidity or seriousness - the latter in this instance.
Boredom is not unhapiness, at least for me. boredom comes from lack of things to do, which most of the times I can immediately fix by going to the cinema.

Hey Mono - glad you're enjoying Higurashi. It's as confusing as something can get, but once things start falling into place, it's really great.

oh, you just started then... I'll keep it to myself for the time being, we can start talking about it once you're done with the first series.
Otherwise, I would spoil too much for you.

Hi mono ;)

It's not the new iPhone. It's the first one. I think I prefer it as it has a better battery life, plus I've been hearing faults starting to arrise with the new phone. Aparently they become overheated when you use then for a length of time. I spend alot of time on my phone so would rather it didn't do that.

:p

EDIT/ Oh, bye the way, I LOOVVVEEE my iPhone. ;)

the first metal one or the 3g one? the newest is the 3Gs, which has some overheating problems as you pointed. The problem arises when you try to use 3G and GPS at the same time.

I'm waiting for them to fix this before I move to the new one.

I have the 3G one. But I too am waiting on them to fix this problem. I hate that I can't take vidoes on my mobile at the moment... Loving the constant internet access though. XD

Constant internet access is awfully addictive. The other day I was out of battery and it almost drove me nuts.

It's funny that a couple years ago, I didn't had a need for internet on the go.

So very true. Same can be said for any technical breakthrough. I still remember the days of phone boxes before mobile phones before they became an extra limb.
Same with internet too like. I remember when you would click on a link and then wander off only to return and have to refresh. =P
Ah, yes. The dark ages. :lol:

Morning all.

I couldn't use internet on a mobile - I don't even like mobile phones really, I make very conscious decisions when I want my mobile with me (usually for a specific purpose) and beyond that I leave it turned off or even at home. If I want to speak to someone then I'll get in touch with them. ;)

You touch them? :shocK: :lol:

Morning Ayase.

I just love the fact that I can check emails/forums/youtube etc when ever I like. Whether it be on a break at work, sat in a garden or sat on the toilet. Heh. I don't think I could go back now... I've crossed the line of no return!

Back