The General Conversation Area

See ya Black!

I have really eclectic taste in music, right from the 60's to the present, which I can blame (or thank) my parents combined record collections for. I don't know what I'd have done had I lived through the late 70's, I love punk as much as prog rock! :lol:

We've never really talked much about music Voddas (I see we have a new sub-forum for it...) what other stuff do you like?

I suffer from the same stance as yourself. My music prefrences stretch from The Beach Boys to Clawfinger. Also influenced heavily by my parents (and my sister). My dad likes the oldies and my mom is a more of a new age music type. My collection has no theme at least, =P

If I had to choose a genre however, I'd have to say rock/metal. It's just the way things are at the moment. Queens of the Stone Age are one of my top favourites at the moment.

Good to know I'm not the only one :p

I like some QotSA tracks, have heard them on the radio but don't own any of their records though. What do you think of The Killers? They're probably my favourite current band.

I find it hard picking a genre, but my favourite musical period is probably the forgotten time in the early 80's known as post-punk, which eventually divirged into both more mainstream rock and pop and what most people would call trad-goth. Bands like The Cure, Siouxsie & The Banshees, The Cult, Sisters of Mercy, Nick Cave probably belongs in there too.

I like your style :p

I must admit I'm lovinh the Killers at the moment too. I especially like the fact that their sound has changed to give them variety. Nothing worse than a band that just sounds the same with a slightly different beat. Not that I'm dissing bands like The Quo or The Offspring ^_^

EDIT/ Yo Mono! :D

Wow, and I thought my local cinema took a long time to show new releases :p

Musicals are so very strange but fun nontheless. Just the idea of people bursting into spontaneous song makes me smile. :lol:

lol :p

It was a one off screening which was organised by a local charity. I also thought the cinema would be full up as well but it wasn't it was nearly empty and I was probably the youngest one in there lol :p

Anyway The Sound Of Music has to be one of my favourite musicals ever and I glad I got to see it at the cinema as I noticed things that wasn't there when I watched it on tv :D

Glad you enjoyed it! My dad does a local cinema project, so I sometimes get to see older films on the big screen. It is a lot better than watching them on TV, only problem is it's made me want a projector now :p

Well, I'm going to disappear again. Should be back on regularly now, at least until I'm physically setting up shop.

See ya later Mono, Voddas. :)

Back