The General Conversation Area

Ever considered going for anything as a temporary measure? If you’re willing to move for a job you want it could be worth using any old job as a stepping stone to save up for a move.

Oh I'm considering anything, even if it's temporary. The problem is the frequency of doable jobs that actually make their appearance where I live...But I'm open to any type of contract to be honest; I have to be! The thing I have to be most mindful of is the commute since I don't have access to a car right now!

hhmm... not really. this is the only proper job I've had. I've mentioned before I want to develop creative skills, the only thing I can think of towards that though is 2 years media studies or "moving image production" didn't really make anything special, the tutor said he'd give everyone a positive reference for uni, but one line keeps me out of the course I wanted. 6 years a NEET, I don't know what to move onto as I don't know if I'd be good at anything else and well, I have my pride, I'd enjoy something I'm good at

It's a good start though, knowing the kind of things that you like and want to pursue, and it's never too late - I did my Graphic Design Diploma last year.

Oh I'm considering anything, even if it's temporary. The problem is the frequency of doable jobs that actually make their appearance where I live...But I'm open to any type of contract to be honest; I have to be! The thing I have to be most mindful of is the commute since I don't have access to a car right now!
I can see this being a pain. If the goal is simply to move somewhere there are more jobs are there any family/friends etc that could be able to make that happen? Alternatively, I know this sounds stupid and is time consuming and completely demoralising have you thought about just handing a cv to literally anyone and everyone? It has the possibility to work.

hhmm... not really. this is the only proper job I've had. I've mentioned before I want to develop creative skills, the only thing I can think of towards that though is 2 years media studies or "moving image production" didn't really make anything special, the tutor said he'd give everyone a positive reference for uni, but one line keeps me out of the course I wanted. 6 years a NEET, I don't know what to move onto as I don't know if I'd be good at anything else and well, I have my pride, I'd enjoy something I'm good at
Is it possible to study alongside your current work? Even if it means studying at a slower rate? It wouldn’t be the ideal situation but it would mean you could study whilst not effecting your finances.

I can see this being a pain. If the goal is simply to move somewhere there are more jobs are there any family/friends etc that could be able to make that happen? Alternatively, I know this sounds stupid and is time consuming and completely demoralising have you thought about just handing a cv to literally anyone and everyone? It has the possibility to work.

Literally I have NO support network in the shape of family and friends that could help me out if I decided to move. And I'm not just saying that to be awkward either, it's the absolute truth! Oh my CV has been handed to anyone and everyone, trust me! I even sent out emails to some companies the other night, not one response! I know I can't expect it all the time, but, it's totally useless at the moment!

Literally I have NO support network in the shape of family and friends that could help me out if I decided to move. And I'm not just saying that to be awkward either, it's the absolute truth! Oh my CV has been handed to anyone and everyone, trust me! I even sent out emails to some companies the other night, not one response! I know I can't expect it all the time, but, it's totally useless at the moment!
This’ll sound completely useless but try not to let it bother you too much. Eventually you’re bound to strike lucky. Other then this there’s not much I can say to help.

Is it possible to study alongside your current work? Even if it means studying at a slower rate? It wouldn’t be the ideal situation but it would mean you could study whilst not effecting your finances.
full time, long hours, it's possible I guess, but loads of people want cover all the time and my bosses work us harder then the damn machines. if they had their way we'd never have days off

This’ll sound completely useless but try not to let it bother you too much. Eventually you’re bound to strike lucky. Other then this there’s not much I can say to help.

Nah it's cool dude, as I say, I'm not really expecting anyone to solve my issues, it...just feels good to vent and know that people at least understand! Thanks though, it means alot. Trying is all I can do right now!

Back