The General Conversation Area

Time for a name change?

It feels rather grand and majestic, bow down unto me, peasants. Having said that, North Wales kind of just sits there in the background whilst South Wales gets all the glory of media coverage and capital cities...

Nothing like a bit of North/South Walian banter, especially when it concerns the weather, though you're right, prevailing winds and all dictate that the weather is likely coming from the south :D

I do however like the title bestowed upon me - AyaMachi of The North
In the U.K. we do get northern sweeps on weather, but more often then not our bigger weather fronts come from the gulf of Mexico and get to us with a southern sweep, an anti clockwise cyclone I think it is

Finally decided to go out. I blame ~AyaMachi~ of the North for this weather, though my weather is more likely to affect hers, still I'm soaked like some kind of super soaker

In true British fashion though, I'm going to apologise, even if it's not my fault, because that's what British people are good at! I hope you get nice and warm soon so's not to catch a cold!

In the U.K. we do get northern sweeps on weather, but more often then not our bigger weather fronts come from the gulf of Mexico and get to us with a southern sweep, an anti clockwise cyclone I think it is

You're probably right; it's been years since I did G.C.S.E geography, and even then I got a grade C so I'm in no position to play chief meteorologist XD

Is that so you don’t get accused of having an advantage when the duel happens?

You know me to well! But we all know that the South is where all the muscle is city-wise; we have 2 cities that I can think of in the North: Bangor and St Asaph!

Funnily enough, it's been raining today!

I'll never forget the infamous Winter of 2010, though. Anyone else remember that? :eek:

Was that sarcasm Neil? :p

I don't remember 2010, but I do remember 2013 having some pretty serious snow round about March time...

I thought of yugioh but I also thought it is exactly how yugi would behave if he were British "I'm sorry for using my mage knight at such an inopurtune time mate. would you like to try your hand again?"

We're just far too polite and gentlemanly...well, all except Neil maybe, I can picture him tossing a caber to end a disagreement ;)

Back