The Gaming News Thread (for news that doesn't need a thread)

Last edited:

Last edited:

Last edited:

Last edited:
When entering a saturated market, it's important to have a Unique Selling Point. But maybe bricking high-end graphics cards wasn't the best one to choose, Amazon.

I've always wondered why there's no hardware or firmware safeguards for this in graphics cards. It seems common sense and yet this has been an ongoing issue for years (I remember starcraft 2 doing it.)

Wasn't sure where to post this so I'll just leave it here, unless a suitable thread can be found ¯\(ツ)
You've been invited to help test the PlayStation®4 System Software 9.00 Public Beta. Your participation is very important to us and we look forward to receiving your feedback.

Please note that, because this is a beta test, features may change before the full release of the features in the future.

Main features updated in this System Software Beta Program version
• You can now view trophies for PS5 games on PS4
• In Messages, if you're the owner of a group, you can now delete it. Open the options menu, and then select [Delete Group]. If you delete a group, it will be deleted for all members.
• Now when you block someone, you can choose to also leave the group that only you and they are in at the same time. You won't leave groups that include other players.

Other update features
• When a child requests to use communication features for a game, their parent or guardian will receive a notification on the PS4 and PlayStation App.
Please note: before you start, we strongly recommend that you back up your important data before downloading the beta software.

Please see below for more information on how to start the beta on your PlayStation 4 console and how to help us test the beta.

Your beta voucher code can be redeemed by up to 20 qualifying accounts, so feel free to share it with friends that you know are happy to receive it (they must be over 18 years old to participate).

YOUR VOUCHER CODE:

FJ7B-2LNJ-5F73
Code expires: 31 October 2021

Last edited:
The Xbox exclusivity period for Tetris Effect Connected has ended. If you own the original Tetris Effect on Playstation, the new multiplayer component will download for free as a patch.

The Xbox exclusivity period for Tetris Effect Connected has ended. If you own the original Tetris Effect on Playstation, the new multiplayer component will download for free as a patch.
I'm pretty sure pc wise it was on epic games as well. It's finally been released on steam too, though it's a bit pricey.

One of the best vr experiences I've had.

Save up to 40% off Scarlet Nexus on all platforms!

Last edited:
This is a surprise. Considering Gust's penchant for trilogies, it would have seemed a safe bet for the next Atelier game to be Ryza 3, but instead we're getting a sequel to Atelier Sophie.

Between this and Blue Reflection 2 being PS4-only on the Sony side of things, it looks like Gust have given up on PS5 for now. Ryza 2 was digital-only for PS5, so I guess they've written the platform off as not cost-effective yet with its current install base.

Back