The Gaming News Thread (for news that doesn't need a thread)

Re: The Gaming News Thread (for news that doesn't need a thr

Bayonetta 2 will be released in Europe on 24th October and will be available in two versions:

Limited Edition: This will include Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2.
Solus Edition: Just Bayonetta 2
First Print Edition: This one is limited to 15,300 copies across the continent and includes the two games and an artbook inside an embossed, leather case resembling the Book of Angels:

BwuPYhrIQAAUuXx.png:large

Source

I'll be getting the first print edition. Ordering it in the morning the first chance i get. Not missing out on that(like i did the Hyrule Warriors LE. I did not expect that to sell out)

Preordered the limited edition at Game this morning for my older brother (he is not pleased that he missed out on the Hyrule Warriors LE).

I preordered the LE from ShopTo. I'm a gold member, so it was £37.85 (or £39.99 without the gold discount), compared to £44.99 on Game.

First week/month sales for 8th Gen in Japan:

Microsoft Xbox One - 23,500 (within a week)
Nintendo Wii U - 308,570 (launch weekend)
Sony PlayStation 4 - 322,083 (within the first two days of launch)

Famitsu also has a breakdown for the biggest selling games. Number one was Titanfall at 22,416 copies—however, be aware that these numbers include copies of the game that were included in the Xbox One Titanfall bundles.

The next biggest selling title was Kinect Sports Rivals at 14,191 copies. But again, realize that this number includes copies of the game that were included with a special Xbox One bundle. And finally, the third biggest selling Xbox One game was Dead Rising 3 at 7,330 copies.

By comparison, in 2005 Microsoft shipped an estimated initial batch of 159,000 Xbox 360s across Japan, of which about 62,000 were sold in the first two days alone.

When compared with sales of systems from Sony and Nintendo, the Xbox One's commercial performance in Japan looks considerably worse.

Sony managed to sell around 308,000 PlayStation 4 units during its first week on sale in Japan, while Nintendo's Wii U managed 322,000.

In 2011, the PS Vita sold close to 325,000 units during its first week, and in the same year, Nintendo sold its entire initial allotment of 400,000 Nintendo 3DS units on launch day.

That's p*ss poor for the XBone. No wonder I see it's price on par with the PS4 now.

I cannot get my head around the WiiU at all. You play on like a controller screen instead of a remote controller thing? This screen controls what you see on your tv? I find it odd as it looks like a DS where you just play on that and it doesn't connect with your tv and that. Lol.

-Danielle- said:
I cannot get my head around the WiiU at all. You play on like a controller screen instead of a remote controller thing? This screen controls what you see on your tv?

You don't have to play the games using the Wii U gamepad but it does have to be on. Also what's on the pad screen isn't always the same as what's displayed on the TV. For example, on Mario Kart the map is on the gamepads screen and not the TV.

Cheers for letting me know :)

OMG what is that confusing evil! I would not be able to handle that at all :p

Does anyone have a WiiU and find it, enjoyable?

I really hope the Alpha and Omega Pokemon games have that XP boost your whole team gets but lets it be a choice for users as I know some would rather just have the boost for just one Pokemon as would deem it too easy but then you have the people like me who get bored of levelling up the other Pokemon without an XP boost and never finish the game lol. So yeah, team boost please as Pokemon Y was the first ever I've finished and I loooooooove it :D

I've owned a Wii U since the European launch day and I absolutely love it. For the majority of games, if you want to play them as you would a PlayStation 4 or XBox One, you can (and Nintendo even has a controller just for that).

In regards to what the GamePad displays, in a lot of games it's basically comparable to the Nintendo DS. As Emulsion said, in Mario Kart 8 for example, the bottom screen displays the course's map and the character rankings. Personally though, when I play the game, I use the Pro Controller.

A good example of how the Wii U GamePad is used in a lot of games would be Batman: Arkham City - Armoured Edition and The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD. Basically, instead of having to press buttons to access menus that disrupt your gameplay in the other console versions, on the Wii U, all of the menus are on the bottom and are touch enabled, so I can quickly equip different items just by sliding my finger across.

There are others that use it for more varied things, like the mini-game compilation Nintendo Land. For example, in the Luigi's Ghost Mansion mini-game, the players using Wii Remotes have to navigate a map on the TV screen looking for an invisible ghost, who is controlled by the person using the GamePad (so the ghost is visible on the GamePad screen but not the TV screen). Another mini-game, Takamaru's Ninja Castle simply has you using the GamePad's touch screen to throw shuriken towards the TV. Then there are also games that don't really use it at all (and in fact, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze actually has the GamePad screen turned off during gameplay).

One of my favourite features of the GamePad though, is Off-TV Play. As the name suggests, it's being able to play the Wii U without having to use the TV screen (such as if it's occupied or if I just want to play Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U Edition while lying in bed. The GamePad's display isn't HD, but it does the job.

-Danielle- said:
I really hope the Alpha and Omega Pokemon games have that XP boost your whole team gets but lets it be a choice for users as I know some would rather just have the boost for just one Pokemon as would deem it too easy but then you have the people like me who get bored of levelling up the other Pokemon without an XP boost and never finish the game lol. So yeah, team boost please as Pokemon Y was the first ever I've finished and I loooooooove it :D
XY had the option to turn the Exp. Share off as well. I've had it turned off throughout my entire Y playthrough. As the Exp. Share item existed in Ruby/Sapphire, I imagine it will simply be changed to be a Key Item like in XY.

Joshawott said:
As Emulsion said, in Mario Kart 8 for example, the bottom screen displays the course's map and the character rankings. Personally though, when I play the game, I use the Pro Controller.

Don't play Mario Kart myself but my brother uses the pro controller as well when playing. He has the Wii U game pad in the stand on the table in front of him to make it easy to glace at the map.

For me, it's more whether the game you're playing is fun rather than the console its self.

Xenosaga HD Collection could happen
To Xenosaga fan community.

I do understand that you all are desiring "Xenosaga HD collection".

Also, I do appreciate all your passionate comments.

I do understand your feeling to "tweet every day until the day Xenosaga HD collection comes real".

However, what I need in order to achieve your dream, is not to have tweets from the "same person" sent to me every day.

It has been a long time since Xenosaga has been released.

It really brings back memories of those days they were developing the first Xenosaga staying up all night, when the TEKKEN Project was also staying up all night on the same floor at office.

A while back, triggered by the overseas version of Project X zone, I have conducted a research and calculated if there is a business chance for Xenosaga HD remaster.

It was a very simple research at that time. Yet, research does cost money.

And at that time, I was not able to seek business chance.

In other words, I was not able to find the necessary market size that will pay for the development fee needed to create the HD remaster.

Back then, the reactions on SNS and unique users were rather few in number.

It may be that I didn't work hard enough.

Measures such as kickstarters are as of last resort, and at any rate we will not have a chance of winning as it stands now. It will not gather people by crowdfunding without creating some kind of big movement to support it.

To be honest, I was about to give up and I'm troubled.

What I need, are the voices from many fans.

This is a little different from having "messages sent every day from the same person".

Although I do understand the deep love for the game, more than that, the cheers from as many "unique users" as possible is what is needed.

Digging further, I will not be able to believe comments like "I'll buy 100 copies!". Most companies will not believe in it.

It is not realistic for one person to tweet 100 times every day, or buy 100 copies alone.

It's more realistic if you bring 10 fans to the game (not to mention, it wouldn't mean anything by having the same person suddenly creating alternate accounts. I will be able to tell those).

What's important in these kinds of cases is the number of unique users.

It means more to have 100 people mentioning they want the game one time, rather than having one person repeating it 100 times.

A miracle would happen if several tens of thousands are gathered at the end.

Of course, involvement from the company is needed for this but...

Boooooo if it's just an item to give to a Pokemon I'm worried I won't be able to mentally last completing the new game :( I'll give it a whirl though.

Any tips on the best way to switch ownership or the item between Pokemon and that. Like do certain Pokemon get a higher XP than others would with the item even if on the same/almost same level???

Back