The football thread!

devilrules666

Combat Butler
I think that this thread is long overdue. I can't be the only person on here that watches football.So what football team do you peeps support? I am a hardcore spurs until i die. hopefully we can finish in the top 4 this season and get back in the champions league. :D

Yes, I think this is a great idea actually. Although I'll make sure I leave more then a boring "Well that was a ridiculously cold match" for every comment I make! :p

Reading season ticket holder myself. I've been going since the 04-05 season - the one before our fated 05-06 record breaking 106 points season. I had been going on and off before, but that's when I had my first season ticket. Infact I went and watched us beat Coventry 2-0 earlier, which was probably the single most boring 2-0 I think I've ever seen!

Well it was a ridiculously cold match...

Been a Rangers fan since I was five years old. In fact, I'm wearing my Rangers shirt right now. Good to see us give Dunfermline the usual beating.

sean morrison said:
I'm a Celtic fan. I was at the game today pretty poor, scrappy game but 3 points closer to the title is the main thing.
It's going to be close between us. I still see you guys winning it this year though.

ayase said:
Ian Wolf said:
I support Middlesbrough.
Me too when I can be bothered. Not a great fan of sport in general but a good football match can usually manage hold my attention.

To be honest, that's my reaction. If anything I perfer cricket, which is confusing for a Teessider, given that the biggest cricket ground in the North-East (Durham CCC in Chester-le-Street) is called the Riverside.

Watching match of the day and i can't belive how easy we beat newcastle. They have a impressive team this season. I think that they will be be around come the end of the season for champions league places. Here's hoping we keep harry until at least the end of the season. I am going to crazy and say that mourhino could be our next manager for next season :D

I'll probably go with the red team. Or maybe blue? It matters not, they all perform the same task in similar ways. Lets go with Arsenal, because they have a cannon on their logo. Cannons are cool.

I guess it is kind of strange that this thread didn't exist before.

I support the Villa, who desperately need a new manager.

Ridiculously entertaining MOTD tonight, still haven't made my mind up about the Suarez/Evra situation.

devilrules666 said:
Yo Ian Wolf how much do you hate sunderland ?lol

Hatred for both Sunderland and Newcastle for me rates at mild annoyance most of the time. We Teessiders usually tend to let the Geordies and the Mackams beat themselves up while we trip them up from behind when they don't notice.

Back