The E3 2016 Thread

Full high quality trailer up now...

[spoilerbutton]
[/spoilerbutton]

I'm not really sure I care about a single player mode tbh but I guess it could be cool. Always up for a game with giant robots though, I'll probably be picking this up on PS4.

In other news it seems that a sequel to Ori and the Blind Forest is also coming, it's called Ori and the Will of the Wisps. As someone who adored Ori and the Blind Forest I am super happy about this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Images of the new xbox one slim have apparently leaked.

[spoilerbutton]
146576033386.png

images-and-details-of-new-xbox-one-s-console-leak-146576095341.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]
Source

It's said to support 4K video playback, have a 2tb HDD and be about 40% smaller than the current model.

I actually really like it, I was thinking of selling my xbox one though as I never use it and it just sits there being something else I need to dust from time to time lol so yeah, probably won't be buying one of these.

Berserk Warriors teaser trailer....kinda nsfw, maybe?

[spoilerbutton]
[/spoilerbutton]

Welp, it's a thing! Get hype!

Special news for the anime/visual novel fans:

PQube will officially be releasing Kadokawa Games' Root Letter visual novel to the west on PlayStation 4 and Vita. via Rice Digital

Sekai Project have collaborated with Limited Run Games to release 3 of their titles onto the limited physical media run. These titles will include cross-buy and cross-save across the PlayStation platforms (PS4 & Vita). via Operation Rainfall

Bethesda E3 recap

Wolfenstein: New Colossus referenced during the intro.

Quake: Champions announced exclusively for PC. Hero based multiplayer arena shooter.

The Elder Scrolls: Legends announced for PC. Card-based game similar to Hearthstone.

Fallout 4 DLC announced:
  • Contraptions - Next week
  • Vault-Tec - July 2016
  • Nuka-World - August 2016
DOOM 4 DLC announced:
  • Map editor with new additions, free for everyone.
  • More game modes, free for everyone.
  • Unto the Evil Multiplayer paid DLC announced.
Prey announced, a reboot of the classic 2K title. Originally a sequel but it was canned for a reboot. Arkane Studios (Dishonored 2) will be handling the development.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition announced for PS4, Xbox One and PC. A remaster with better visuals and all DLC plus mod support on consoles.

The Elder Scrolls Online includes support for Japanese players and the Dark Brotherhood addition to the gameplay.

Besthesda going into VR (HTC Vive) with Fallout 4 for 2017. DOOM 4 also referenced.

Dishonored 2 gameplay was shown off. Set around 15 years after the first. A choice between 2 characters to play, both are fully-voiced and unscripted simulated missions. Set for PS4, Xbox One and PC on November 11th 2016.

Excited to play Dishonored 2 but man, some of the animations in the gameplay video looked real unpolished, hopefully they sort that out.

Skyrim will no doubt sell a bajillionty copies again, I would probably have picked it up for the PS4 but apparently if you own Skyrim and all the dlc for the PC you get it for free, which is pretty damn nice of them if true (I assume this is because they realize you can already do everything they've added to the Remaster on the PC with mods anyway).

Really happy that Prey is still a thing too.

Pretty miffed they referenced a new Wolfenstein game but didn't show it.

Xbox E3 recap

Two new consoles announced:
  • Xbox One S - From $299-$399. $399 offers 2TB HDD. 40% smaller with 4K Blu-ray access and HDR. Available this August.
  • Project Scorpio - The new 4K Gaming & HDVR console to match the PS4 Neo. Holiday 2017.

Xbox Play Anywhere - a new deal that allows owners who buy a game from either Windows 10 or Xbox One can own a version from the other digitally. Games included in the deal:
  • Ark: Survival Evolved
  • Crackdown 3 - 2017
  • Dead Rising 4
  • Forza Horizon 3 - September 27th 2016, 4 player campaign co-op with Australian setting
  • Gears of War 4
  • Halo Wars 2 - February 21st 2017, Beta now available this week
  • Killer Instinct Season 3 - Includes General RAMM (Gears of War) as special character inclusion
  • ReCore - September 13th 2016
  • Scalebound - 2017, co-op now included
  • Sea of Thieves
  • State of Decay 2

New Xbox Live features were announced due for the Summer:
  • Background Music
  • Prefered Language usage
  • Cortana
  • Clubs on Xbox Live
  • Looking for Groups
  • Arena on Xbox Live, a tournament platform

Minecraft talk:
  • The Friendly Update
  • Realms
  • Cross-platform across Xbox devices (Xbox One, Windows 10, Microsoft Surface, iOS & Android)
  • Texture packs available for Pocket & Windows 10.
  • Add-ons coming this fall.

Other games announced/shown off:
  • Inside - From Limbo developers Playdead.
  • Final Fantasy XV - Gameplay on the Xbox One version.
  • Gwent: A Witcher Card Game - From CD Projekt Red, card game by popular demand from Witcher III.
  • Tekken 7 - For Xbox One, originally confirmed for PS4 only for a while. Early 2017 for all platforms.
  • We Happy Few - From Compulsion Games, weird drug-like game due June 2016.

I feel like Microsoft are maybe guilty of a bit of mixed messaging, just a few months ago they seemed like they were planning to maybe tone down the Xbox in favour of the PC, and now we get not one, but two new Xbox models.

I must say, the whole phase out the Xbox in favour of PC thing never made much sense to me. I would have thought the huge appeal of the PlayStation or the Xbox was that it was a controlled experience. You can just plug a disc in and go, and if something goes wrong chances are Sony/Microsoft will be able to help you without any effort. There's so much that go wrong with a PC that Microsoft probably can't help you. I feel like the only people who ever thought it was a good idea were the smug, insufferable "PC master race" wankers, because unless you're a hardcore computing enthusiast, PC gaming probably won't work for you.

Whats with all these console's with bells on, I think its a bit of a con. Spend £300 on a new console then , hey here a more powerful one that you could have bought.

crashmatt said:
Whats with all these console's with bells on, I think its a bit of a con. Spend £300 on a new console then , hey here a more powerful one that you could have bought.

They're following the mobile phone model. Plus tbh, it makes sense to have technology advance rather than have you stuck with technology for 5-8 years and it gets outdated.

Anyway, it's not like you have to upgrade, everything is backwards/forward compatible, there are no PS4K/Scorpio exclusives (sony actively doesnt want it, MS have apparently said there won't be) if your happy with teh Xbone, then great, if you want something a bit more powerful and runs games smoother, get the high end version.

britguy said:
crashmatt said:

They're following the mobile phone model. Plus tbh, it makes sense to have technology advance rather than have you stuck with technology for 5-8 years and it gets outdated.

Anyway, it's not like you have to upgrade, everything is backwards/forward compatible, there are no PS4K/Scorpio exclusives (sony actively doesnt want it, MS have apparently said there won't be) if your happy with teh Xbone, then great, if you want something a bit more powerful and runs games smoother, get the high end version.

As somebody who brought a PS4 in late December, a couple of months before the 4K rumours started, it's hard not to feel slighted by this.

What you haven't pointed out, is that whilst excluded from making PS4K exclusive games, modes or features, Sony are actively forcing developers to make games run better on the PS4K as of October this year. Even if you don't need the enhanced capability, you are expected to use it anyway. And how long until a game that's basically unplayable on a standard PS4 gets released or Sony says screw it and allows PS4K exclusives? This is essentially a gigantic middle finger at early adopters of the two consoles, but at least Microsoft have given a fair amount of advance warning for Scorpio...

Buzz201 said:
britguy said:
crashmatt said:

As somebody who brought a PS4 in late December, a couple of months before the 4K rumours started, it's hard not to feel slighted by this.

What you haven't pointed out, is that whilst excluded from making PS4K exclusive games, modes or features, Sony are actively forcing developers to make games run better on the PS4K as of October this year. Even if you don't need the enhanced capability, you are expected to use it anyway. And how long until a game that's basically unplayable on a standard PS4 gets released or Sony says screw it and allows PS4K exclusives? This is essentially a gigantic middle finger at early adopters of the two consoles, but at least Microsoft have given a fair amount of advance warning for Scorpio...

Why wouldnt a developer want to take advantage of the technology available to them, I dont see this as a bad thing. As long as the game runs at 1080p and 30fps for the next few years, then you have yourself a console (PS4) that will likely get to about 5 years old before you really need to upgrade. (2013-2018)

crashmatt said:
I mean, isn't that tech in a nutshell? Something better is always just around the corner.

Anyhoo MS had a pretty solid showing this year, that said I think I'm really gonna have to sell my xbox one while it still has some value, literally no reason to have it for me when I could just play the few MS games I'm interested in on the PC.

Final Fantasy XV looked so bad, and I can only assume people blaming the player didn't play the demo as it played just as bad as it looked then too.

The Scorpio sounds interesting, packing some real power by the sounds of it, although 4K gaming with no compromises sounds a bit ambitious (although I guess that depends on what they consider a compromise really).

britguy said:
Why wouldnt a developer want to take advantage of the technology available to them
Not sure, but it already came out that developers weren't exactly thrilled about it. (The Neo that is)

Buzz201 said:
There's so much that go wrong with a PC that Microsoft probably can't help you. I feel like the only people who ever thought it was a good idea were the smug, insufferable "PC master race" wankers, because unless you're a hardcore computing enthusiast, PC gaming probably won't work for you.
You make it sound like PC gaming is difficult/complicated or something lol for what it's worth, I've had more problems with my PS4 than I have with my PC.

I wouldn't really have a problem releasing a more powerful model buy hey the PS4 is not even two years old, not even half way through it's life cycle. I can't imagine the majority of current owners would shell out more for the upgrade considering the benefits it offers. Sony have to be careful not to piss off current owners of the console, ditto with Microsoft.

britguy said:
Why wouldnt a developer want to take advantage of the technology available to them, I dont see this as a bad thing. As long as the game runs at 1080p and 30fps for the next few years, then you have yourself a console (PS4) that will likely get to about 5 years old before you really need to upgrade. (2013-2018)
It came out in Japan February 2014. That means you can have brought it at the first possible opportunity less than 2 and a half years ago, and it is already outdated.

And I don't trust Sony to give that much of a crap about ensuring games run well on the standard PS4 once the PS4K is released. Especially Sony Europe, who seemingly couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.

Buzzkillington said:
Buzz201 said:
There's so much that go wrong with a PC that Microsoft probably can't help you. I feel like the only people who ever thought it was a good idea were the smug, insufferable "PC master race" wankers, because unless you're a hardcore computing enthusiast, PC gaming probably won't work for you.
You make it sound like PC gaming is difficult/complicated or something lol for what it's worth, I've had more problems with my PS4 than I have with my PC.
It's not the gaming itself that's difficult, but PC games demand high performance specs. The problem I foresee is that, no longer capped by the specs of the PlayStation and Xbox, developers run wild, games demand increasingly high performance and then people that don't know what they're doing end up having to either buy a new PC or tinker around with the components of it, just to play the latest FIFA, and what could possibly go wrong with that?

And that's before you have a bunch of 12 year old idiots who don't know what they're doing, trying to play CoD and pirating files with a ****-tonne of viruses on to their machine. Whilst their poor parents have no clue what the hell the child is doing or how to fix it.

Unless Microsoft can somehow lock all of Windows down and control it (and judging from the reaction to Windows Store, the more experience PC gamers won't let them), there's no way PC gaming can be a replacement for console gaming. There is just too much that can go wrong, if you don't know what you're doing.

crashmatt said:
I wouldn't really have a problem releasing a more powerful model buy hey the PS4 is not even two years old, not even half way through it's life cycle. I can't imagine the majority of current owners would shell out more for the upgrade considering the benefits it offers. Sony have to be careful not to piss off current owners of the console, ditto with Microsoft.

PS4 is closer to 3 years old now (november 2013) Xbox 360 and PS3 gen lengths were the exception, not the norm. Normally gens last about 5 years or so.

I think the Xbox leaning so hard on the PC turned me completely off getting an Xbox. Like, I have pretty decent PC, yet there were a couple of times here I might have been swayed into getting an Xbox One. A new slim model at a cheap price point? Neat! Forza looked pretty cool, as did Recore, Scalebound, State of Decay 2, Halo Wars and Dead Rising 4, not to mention it has games already that I have an interest in like Halo MCC and 5 and Sunset Overdrive but with them all coming to PC, you just lost a console sale. Granted, the one cross platform release out so far, Quantum Break, was a fairly broken port, and no one wants to use the Windows 10 store, but still.

Ubisoft E3 recap

Games included in the conference:
  • Just Dance 2017 - PS4 & Xbox One in October followed by Nintendo NX in 2017
  • Ghost Recon: Wildlands - PS4, Xbox One & PC in March 7, 2017
  • South Park: The Fractured But Whole - PS4, Xbox One & PC in December 6, 2016 with a digital copy of South Park: The Stick of Truth
  • The Division - Expansions; Underground (June 28th) & Survival (TBA date)
  • Eagle Flight VR - All three VR platforms
  • Star Trek: Bridge Crew VR
  • For Honor - Single-player campaign included, PS4, Xbox One & PC in February 14, 2017
  • Grow Up - Sequel to Grow Home
  • Trials of the Blood Dragon - New instalment to Trials, out now for PS4, Xbox One & PC
  • Watch_Dogs 2 - PS4, Xbox One & PC in November 15, 2016. Timed exclusive with PlayStation
  • Bone Crushing Simulator (Steep) - PS4, Xbox One & PC in December 2016

South Park: The Fractured But Whole looks bloody hilarious, highlight of the show for me. For Honor also looks up my street. They had a decent conference really, but Sony is the one I've actually been waiting for so I hope they don't let me down.

Playstation E3 Recap

Playstation VR will launch on the 13th of October 2016 in America at a price point of $399 and will have 50 games from launch until the end of the year.
Crash Bandicoot 1-3 remastered - Remastered from the ground up for PS4.

God of War - Looks like it's going for a norse style reboot. Still in development for Playstation 4
Days Gone - In development for PS4
The Last Guardian - Playstation 4 exclusive 25th October 2016
Horizon Zero Dawn - Playstation 4 exclusive 28th February 2017
Detroit: Become Human - New game shown last year by Quantic Dream
Resident Evil VII - 24th January 2017 will be fully playable from start to finish through Playstation VR, will be multi-platform(Xbox One, Playstation 4 & VR, Steam & Windows 10)
Far point - Playstation VR title
Batman Arkham VR - Playstation VR title
Star Wars Battlefront X-Wing VR Mission - Will update with a clean trailer when it goes live
Final Fantasy XV - Also works with PSVR where you get to play as Prompto
Call of Duty Infinite Warfare + Modern Warfare Remastered - Launching 4th of November 2016. (will upload official link to trailer when it hits) multi- platform release. Modern Warfare sold together with Infinite Warfare
Crash Bandicoot Skylanders Imaginators reveal - Crash pack will be Playstation 4 exclusive
LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens - 28th june 2016 multiplatform
Death Stranding - The new game from Kojima Productions with Norman Reedus for Playstation 4
Spiderman - Insomniac Games working on this with Marvel, Playstation 4 exclusive

Back