The E3 2015 Thread

I'm willing to give capcom the benifit of the doubt on this one. As much as I want them dead and gone for all the crap they put me through as a Megaman Fan.

ilmaestro said:
Joshawott said:
However, yesterday we were basically shown an unsubtitled trailer for an anime that simply revealed the voice casts for characters no one knows anything about yet (why do original anime projects do that anyway?).
Are you effectively asking "do people get hype for their favorite seiyuu"? Because lolyes.
I'm not sure if that kind of trailer is best suited for a global video games trade show like E3 though? I'd definitely prefer something that shows off the game's story or gameplay, as opposed to it largely focusing on information that only the most hardcore of a an already niche audience would understand.

I finally decided to Google all of the names though and one thing I find interesting is that in the game, Tomo wishes to play the part of a costumed hero and the seiyuu performing the role of Cain, the Mirage shown alongside him, voiced Samurai Flamenco.
Also, if I don't see fan art of Tsubasa wearing Hestia's infamous ribbon, I'll be disappointed.

Joshawott said:
I'm not sure if that kind of trailer is best suited for a global video games trade show like E3 though? I'd definitely prefer something that shows off the game's story or gameplay, as opposed to it largely focusing on information that only the most hardcore of a an already niche audience would understand.
Fair point, I guess they just weren't prepared to take much focus away from Fates by showing people gameplay too. They had gameplay footage later on their Treehouse stream, so it was definitely a conscious decision not to show it during the direct.

I feel sorry for people who were hoping for something more traditional, but I do like me an Idol game, so...

ilmaestro said:
Joshawott said:
Fair point, I guess they just weren't prepared to take much focus away from Fates by showing people gameplay too. They had gameplay footage later on their Treehouse stream, so it was definitely a conscious decision not to show it during the direct.

I feel sorry for people who were hoping for something more traditional, but I do like me an Idol game, so...
I absolutely loved watching Nintendo's Treehouse Live, but can't help but feel that one of their weaknesses this year was that they relied too heavily on people checking out both. Treehouse Live is an amazing supplement, but the Digital Event also needed to have enough substance by itself.

Considering where Atlus are going with Illusory Revelations #FE, I think it would be far more beneficial if the international branches replaced the Shin Megami Tensei branding in the tentative title with Persona. Yes they are both SMT, but they conjure up different images and expectations.
I actually wrote a WiiUAndMii feature last year about how it might serve the game better commercially if they went with the Persona branding. Maybe something like Fire Emblem Idol Persona would be a cool idea for an international title?

At this point I think they've outright said that the game has moved away from the initial concept of SMTxFE, so I agree the onus is on the Western PR branches to start marketing it accordingly.

ilmaestro said:
At this point I think they've outright said that the game has moved away from the initial concept of SMTxFE, so I agree the onus is on the Western PR branches to start marketing it accordingly.
Well, we're boned.

I almost died when I saw what base.com had displayed as the release date for the FFVII Remake. - "Due for release on 31/12/2015". Then I realized that the likelihood of that being accurate was... well... as close to zero as not zero gets.

Holy sh*t how have I just only seen the Battleborn trailer last night?!!!

As a HUGE Borderlands Franchise fan, this makes me giddy! Such similar gameplay but a new world and characters. Looks amazing. I still prefer the animation from Borderlands though mind but it still looks like something I'm going to love and hope Gearbox make more than 1 of!!!

Does anyone know any details on this game like if it's 1-4 players now like they've done with The Handsome Jack Collection on the PS4? We very much like being able to have 3 of us play but if it's 1-2 players then it'll just be my and my Brother!

Back