The E3 2015 Thread

IncendiaryLemon

Captain Karen
The E3 2015 Thread
E3-Logo.png

What is E3?
E3 is a yearly event where all the biggest developers and publishers come together to show off their upcoming games and make big announcements. Microsoft, Sony, EA, Ubisoft and Bethesda will all have live press events, with Nintendo having a pre recorded digital event.

When is E3?
Most of the press events for E3 will take place on Monday June 15th. You can see what time each conference starts with this handy chart

e3_2015.png

Where can I watch?
There are a lot of different people streaming E3 on various websites. I recommend using GameTrailers, as I find them the best, but I quick google will come up with a bunch of people streaming it, including Gamespot, IGN, Giant Bomb, etc.

Since E3 officially kicks off today, I thought it might be a good idea to have a discussion thread.

Considering they wrote it off as a Legacy Platform outside of Asia IIRC, I wouldn't expect much at all. I think their last attempt at pushing the Vita was the Vita TV which I'm pretty sure flopped hard, so it's probably barely going to get mentioned. It's sad, I love my Vita and it's disheartening to see it get pretty much abandoned.

I'm off work until Thursday so may actually watch some of these streams (probably all of them as I'm a no lifer lol). Anything anyone's particularly looking forward to seeing? For me it's Persona 5 (seriously, right into my veins please), More Street Fighter V stuff, Dark Souls III, Deus Ex Mankind Divided, Fallout 4, Doom, Metal Gear Solid V.

Also hoping Kingdom Hearts III, Dishonored 2, Guerrilla Games new game, The Last Guardian :cry: and Mirror's Edge make appearances, I'm sure there's more but can't think right now. Hope there's some surprises too of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, I'm also looking forward to Persona 5 the most but I doubt we'll get much in terms of new details. A US release date would be nice. Apart from that, some Rock Band 4 track announcements, the new Mirror's Edge, Battlefront 3 gameplay, Dishonered 2 and SMTxFire Emblem, despite the fact I don't have a Wii U.

Buzzkillington said:
I'm off work until Thursday so may actually watch some of these streams (probably all of them as I'm a no lifer lol). Anything anyone's particularly looking forward to seeing? For me it's Persona 5 (seriously, right into my veins please), More Street Fighter V stuff, Dark Souls III, Deus Ex Mankind Divided, Fallout 4, Doom, Metal Gear Solid V.

Also hoping Kingdom Hearts III, Dishonored 2, Guerrilla Games new game, The Last Guardian :cry: and Mirror's Edge make appearances, I'm sure there's more but can't think right now. Hope there's some surprises too of course.

Lol, join the club, I have all week off! I'll pass out tonight so I won't get to watch the Bethesda one, but I'll watch most of the conferences live tomorrow (will likely fall asleep before Sonys) and then i'll watch the Nintendo one live on Tuesday.

Looking forward to Fallout 4 and whatever Nintendo have up their sleeves. Other than that i'm not excited for anything in particular, but hope to see some good stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll catch up with stream archives as and when I can, but I'll mainly be following Giant Bomb's coverage, especially their MST3K style "talking over the press conferences".

This E3 feels like it has a lot of potential to be the one that people look back on in a few years time when they are trying to pinpoint the beginning of the end times for the conference, and for traditional publisher/media/consumer relationships as we currently know them.

I wonder if Sony will announce more details on Yakuza 5 since it's supposed to come out this summer but nothing else has been said since December.

And speaking about Y5 since it's the first of many games Sony plans to release that publishers weren't able to do (I assume that's what they had planned back when they announced it), I wonder if they'll announce more titles getting the special treatment at the Sony E3.

Gio Corsi seems hype as usual if his tweets are anything to go by, so I'd expect Third Party Production to have at least some presence at their show tomorrow.

Bethesda E3:
- Dishonored: Definitive Edition announced for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. [Kotaku]
- Dishonored 2 officially announced for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. [Kotaku]
- DOOM gameplay unveiled (loads), release date is 2016. [Kotaku]
- The Elder Scrolls is getting a card game to complete against Hearthstone for PC and iPad. [Kotaku]
- Fallout 4 gameplay unveiled. [Kotaku]
- Fallout Shelter announced, now available for free on iOS. [Kotaku]

Bethesdas conference last night was pretty strong. Dishonored didn't show gameplay which was disappointing, DOOM looks pretty great, has a fairly classic feel while still looking fresh. The thing with the Elder Scrolls card game that bothers me, is that's probably why Mojang had issues calling their game Scrolls in the first place. Not because it was like elder scrolls, but because they just wanted the name for their SCG
Fallout 4 was a bit trolly at first, since they wanted to end the show before it, but the demo made a lot of people go from sceptic to beleiver. It has a lot of appeal to the general audience and beyond, so it's one to watch for. The settlement building may take up 90% of your playthroughs even though it's entirely optional too.

Also noticed you didn't mention it, but might be worth doing so, is bethesdanet, their introduction to the internet hubs. i can't tell if it's meant to prevent them putting games on steam yet or not, but they are doing it. As a community thing, i can see it doing well, especially with DOOMs community driven multiplayer modes, but i don't know if we need another potentially shaky platform to buy and load titles from. I'll need to recheck the details of it before i really stand by that, but there we go.

IncendiaryLemon said:
NormanicGrav said:
Rumour:
- Final Fantasy VII remake confirmed for PlayStation 4 [Siliconera]

If they're remaking FFVII it doesn't make much sense they'd announce that port a year ago. Unless that was some kind of ruse.

I wanna believe it... but I can't.

Tomorrows prediction
Best case: They play another trailer for the port but then it changes to reveal a HD remake with a revised release date. This will cause an exact opposite crowd reaction from the port announcement it December. Silence then immense cheering.

Most likely case: They play a trailer for the port and give a release date, probably August. The crowd will be indifferent to the announcement.

Morbo86 said:
IncendiaryLemon said:
NormanicGrav said:
Rumour:
- Final Fantasy VII remake confirmed for PlayStation 4 [Siliconera]

If they're remaking FFVII it doesn't make much sense they'd announce that port a year ago. Unless that was some kind of ruse.

I wanna believe it... but I can't.

Tomorrows prediction
Best case: They play another trailer for the port but then it changes to reveal a HD remake with a revised release date. This will cause an exact opposite crowd reaction from the port announcement it December. Silence then immense cheering.

Most likely case: They play a trailer for the port and give a release date, probably August. The crowd will be indifferent to the announcement.

Sony's conference is first so they could announce it then. Then again SE did say they have about 6 announcements, one of them could be related to the Chrono series.

Fallout 4 has me sold, I'm definitely going to buy a next-gen console now. The real question is which? I'm leaning towards Xbox One (for Forza and Halo), but maybe Sony will pull something out of their hat (new Shenmue and Ace Combat as PS4 exclusives would do the trick).

Fallout 4 was pretty good. Not a big fan of adding a voiced protagonist, if it means less (and simplified) dialogue choices. Hoping they clarify what's going on with skills too.

Now to wait for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and I'll be done with E3. :p

BanzaiJedi said:
Fallout 4 has me sold, I'm definitely going to buy a next-gen console now. The real question is which? I'm leaning towards Xbox One (for Forza and Halo), but maybe Sony will pull something out of their hat (new Shenmue and Ace Combat as PS4 exclusives would do the trick).

The creator was teasing something Shenmue related. I'd imagine it would be a HD collection, just to see what kind of interest there is for the series. (not that any of this will really happen :cry: )

Just finished watching the Bethesda conference. Fallout 4 looks amazing. I've never been that into Fallout (I've been playing New Vegas this week, still not huge on it) but Fallout 4 really does look impressive. The final trailer they showed at the end showcasing all the weapons and stuff just looked awesome. Doom also looks pretty good, but I fear it might get a bit repetitive. I've played enough Serious Sam to know that it just gets a little boring just mowing down enemies and nothing else. Really liked the show on the whole. As others have said, I liked that it didn't mess around and just cut to the chase and showed what people wanted to see.

Jatz said:
The creator was teasing something Shenmue related. I'd imagine it would be a HD collection, just to see what kind of interest there is for the series. (not that any of this will really happen :cry: )
That is a pain all us Shenmue fans know too well :cry:
Please prove us wrong Suzuki-san.

Back