The Dark Knight

well, Harley Quinn have a faithful fanbase, I'm pretty sure people would like her.... she would add a sense of randomness and fun to it.

chaos said:
well, Harley Quinn have a faithful fanbase, I'm pretty sure people would like her.... she would add a sense of randomness and fun to it.

but her without the joker though :? i've heard people mention Bane before and i'm not sure about him either, i mean sure he broke batman's spine in the comics but other then that he's not in the same league as other batman villains

BlackWolf said:
chaos said:

but her without the joker though :? i've heard people mention Bane before and i'm not sure about him either, i mean sure he broke batman's spine in the comics but other then that he's not in the same league as other batman villains
That was the only Bane's accomplishments...
I could see Harley and poison ivy..... they worked together nicely in the animation...

chaos said:
BlackWolf said:
chaos said:

I could see Harley and poison ivy..... they worked together nicely in the animation...

I think Poison Ivy's abilities would be a little silly for mainstream audience especially with the tone Nolan is setting, he's already used toxins with Scarcrow and i feel Harley's involvement would just have fans saying they're trying to recreate the joker but in female form, Which is what she is but not right for the next installment. I can't actually think who i'd like to see, who i believable and would fit in with the believable tone of this francise.

Just got back from watching it...I'm tired and awed but for now I'll say WOW. Like Sy, I never felt really impressed by a Batman film until Begins, which was a great 'realistic' take on his character and how he became who he is.

Ledger's performance was superb but TBH every significant performance was spot-on. My only criticism really is that Two-Face wasn't on-screen for long enough. I'll accept it was supposed to be a Batman Vs Joker movie (which it excelled at on every level) but part of me wanted to see what Dent would do after his trauma. Maybe that will be addressed in a future film but I think it's fair to say his character is over and done with.

I can't see the likes of Mr Freeze or even Robin fitting into Nolan's version of the Batman story, although I think Begins and the Dark Knight have been by far the best Batman films made to date.

chaos said:
BlackWolf said:
chaos said:

Yes they did, (I'm more of an Ivy fan myself - though not of the hideous atrocity that was Batman & Robin) but for live action I'm not so sure they could pull it off without it seeming too silly. The new Batman films could do with a strong female character in a central role now that Rachel is dead and I for one love female villains. Not nearly enough of them around.

Last edited by a moderator:
ayase said:
Yes they did, (I'm more of an Ivy fan myself - though not of the hideous atrocity that was Batman & Robin) but for live action I'm not so sure they could pull it off without it seeming too silly. The new Batman films could do with a strong female character in a central role now that Rachel is dead and I for one love female villains. Not nearly enough of them around.
I know exactly what you mean. I liked Ivy but Harley was good too, just not as evil. We definately need a femail villain in the next installment. Like you said ayase, theres just not nearly enough of them around. Actually struggling to think of any (newer) super hero movies with female villains. Hmmm....

Voddas said:
ayase said:
I know exactly what you mean. I liked Ivy but Harley was good too, just not as evil. We definately need a femail villain in the next installment. Like you said ayase, theres just not nearly enough of them around. Actually struggling to think of any (newer) super hero movies with female villains. Hmmm....

I think Catwoman had a female villain but lets not speak of that movie again shall we...Would Phoenix from X Men 3 count? but other then that no not really i think there is more female villains avaiable to them because there was a few in the Justice League cartoon. I did read somewhere that they may be looking at either the Riddler or Hush as the bad guy for the third, but more shockingly i've heard they are trying to recast the Joker and have been ever since the movie was finished

Hmmm, looking for a replacment joker. I thought that might be the case. Very dangerouse grounds if you ask me. Anyway, I wasn't really thought about X-men female villain but their mostly lackies besides Phoenix (I guess you could count her in). Yes we won't mention a certain Halle Berry movie either thank you. ¬_¬

It's all just rumours and poeople speculating on other forums like it's fact. Nothing is absolute until Christopher Nolan says so and he hasn't said anything so far.

I really hope the rumours are just rumours and they are not going to recast the Joker. I wouldn't want him in the 2nd even if Heath was still alive. Why? because i doubt they could go better than they did in TDK, how can the Joker possibly top what he did there? I heard they'd already planned to have the Joker in the 3rd before Heath's death so surely some plot/storyline was already in place or being developed, so i see where the recasting rumours come from. For any character to accept the role of the Joker now wouldn't be wise. It will surely be at least 2011 before we see the next installment.

Female villains that were badass in recent movies.... that's easy Mystique, Lady Death both in X-men movies.
I belive we have few female super heroes and even fewer female villains =( that's a shame...

chaos said:
Female villains that were badass in recent movies.... that's easy Mystique, Lady Death both in X-men movies.
I belive we have few female super heroes and even fewer female villains =( that's a shame...

*face palms* how could i forget them! (i even listed Phoenix from Xmen 3 as well) yeah its true, but there is a lot when you find them all its just there's more male ones

Jayme said:
The thing is, That's [male] the general demographic (same as shonen is to manga/anime) for comic books.
Don't a majority of males tend to like watching females?

Come to think of it, almost all of my favourite stories have female protagonists. Huh. Guess I'm somewhat atypical (but I probably knew that already).

Saw Dark Knight again today, but this time on the Bradford IMAX. :D Awesomeness re-defined.

ayase said:
Jayme said:
The thing is, That's [male] the general demographic (same as shonen is to manga/anime) for comic books.
This is the thing, I wrote that post thinking of Shonen JUMP titles and Shonen Gangan's Soul Eater. Maka in Soul Eater is accompanied by many male characters, like Soul but Maka and Soul together are the main character(s). The fact that I can name SE out of a lot of shonen titles for a strong female protagonist means its an exception. Shonen stories that feature females usually have them useless for the panty-shots or just a weaker backing character(s) to the main ones. Odd.

The same applies to comics, but not to the same extent, I think.

Jayme said:
ayase said:
Jayme said:
This is the thing, I wrote that post thinking of Shonen JUMP titles and Shonen Gangan's Soul Eater. Maka in Soul Eater is accompanied by many male characters, like Soul but Maka and Soul together are the main character(s). The fact that I can name SE out of a lot of shonen titles for a strong female protagonist means its an exception. Shonen stories that feature females usually have them useless for the panty-shots or just a weaker backing character(s) to the main ones. Odd.

The same applies to comics, but not to the same extent, I think.
Sad really. I'd like to see more heroines in the vision of William Moulton Marston.

About male readers, he later wrote: "Give them an alluring woman stronger than themselves to submit to, and they'll be proud to become her willing slaves!"

But there's hope yet...

i hear what your sayin we really do need a strong female character because it is so annoyin how the female is always so helpless and needs rescueing, why cant it be the male role that needs rescueing sometime or another.
when i did E-media at college, for key skills we had to look at how female characters are portraid in diffrent genres and films and we started looking at james bond films and how the female character does get stronger through the films but always seems to be in need at some point no matter how tough they are. and as for the subject of casting another joker, i done think any1 else could do a better job then what heath did with that character, so i think it would be a mistake, but hey they can only try if they do cast some1 else.

Back