The christmas thread

The one thing i have to say i have gotten fed up with every year, is close enough to New Year they always, but always show the Great Escape, and there is only so much you can watch a film before you think its overused, this is one of them.
On the note of New Year, this one may be quite good this time round as it will be my first one in Edinburgh, so it'll be completely different to what i'm used to. Probably the only thing this month to look forward to, hah, exams next week or two weeks isn't a good way to go before the holidays =/

Christmas is alright. Me and my friends don't give each other presents anymore, unless they're cheap joke presents.

Strangely, I hate giving and taking presents. I like the idea, and the actual presents I receive; It just doesn't "feel right"? Especially when people say thanks :|

The main thing I like is the time I get off school :p

MONONOKE said:
BlackWolf said:
Ayase in my household there's a certain version of Christmas Carol that always gets watched in this household :p (here's a hint the word 'Muppets' is in the titile)

Lol Muppets Christamas carol is my favourite christamas film as well and I always watch it at Christmas :D

I'm looking forward to Christmas and I have already brought all my Christmas presents already :D
Flash Gordon = Best Christmas film.

I don't wanna sound depressing/emo here but i dis-like christmas.
Because it's so close to my birthday, other than that i don't hate it oher th an the fact it's cold.

Personally I LOVE chrimbo and winter too.
I love watching crappy chrimbo movies and being cold and going into town on a frosty december morning, theres such a great buzz everywhere.

And although the exitement I got as a kid from receiving presents isint the same, Its still my fave time of year.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS AUKN!!!!!!

Fellistowe said:
hmm... hadn't even noticed it was christmas soon :?

Maxon said:
Flash Gordon = Best Christmas film.

*nods agreement*

Brian Blessed ftw!

i went to see brian blessed in peterpan last year in a panto....my family thought it'd be a good night. the panto was crap.....brian blessed was funny as hell.

he's doing a load of voice overs for gamestation and advertising over the christmas period.....well when your a fat man with a beard and sound abit like a st nick....its pretty hard NOT to go into advertising :p

Having a birthday the week before crimbo pretty much took the shine off for me years ago.

On the present giving bit I do give stuff to family and some of my friends and their families but this is becoming an expensive and time consuming game as more have kids. Also it is not good odds when I am handing out about 5 well thought out gifts to every 1 last minute gift that comes my way.

It is nice to have a few days out of work, but some times I feel a little too much pressure to spend longer at my folks than I really need to.

Is it just me or do we have a strangely high number of folks here with December/January birthdays?

Maybe it just feels like that because it's relevant so people mention it :)

R

Rui said:
Is it just me or do we have a strangely high number of folks here with December/January birthdays?

R

I know that Voddas also has a birthday this month, as we were talking about that before and i annoyed him by saying that i never got combined presents even though my bday is 10 days before :lol: Quite a few of my relatives have brithdays this time of the year mind.

I'm definately looking forward to christmas! Mainly for the nice 2 week break, but also because I love this time of year. The cold weather especially. Seeing all the trees without leaves on. Going for a walk in the morning. The hope for a bit of snow this year. Lovely :)

I'm not a huge fan of the parties, and seeing relatives and trying to look happy about gifts but it's all part of it. You take the minor bad parts with the nice parts.

Winters my favourite season for sure!

Rui said:

R

Close Rui but not quite, mines in the winter month but not December/January :)

though my 'pot n' pans' was

Otaku-san said:
Rui said:

R

I already worked out from what you said before that your bday must be around the 10th of feburay :p

Also i agree with Maltos, Autumn is second in my books, Winter is where it's at :lol:

BlackWolf said:
Otaku-san said:
Rui said:

R

I already worked out from what you said before that your bday must be around the 10th of feburay :p

cool it just took you 70 hours to answer to my original post

Back