The christmas thread

BlackWolf

Godhand
Otaku-san said:
BlackWolf said:
Otaku-san said:
Rui said:
Is it just me or do we have a strangely high number of folks here with December/January birthdays?

Maybe it just feels like that because it's relevant so people mention it :)

R

Close Rui but not quite, mines in the winter month but not December/January :)

though my 'pot n' pans' was

I already worked out from what you said before that your bday must be around the 10th of feburay :p

cool it just took you 70 hours to answer to my original post

Wait you were timing me :eek:
 

Otaku-san

Chuunibyou
BlackWolf said:
Otaku-san said:
BlackWolf said:
Otaku-san said:
Rui said:
Is it just me or do we have a strangely high number of folks here with December/January birthdays?

Maybe it just feels like that because it's relevant so people mention it :)

R

Close Rui but not quite, mines in the winter month but not December/January :)

though my 'pot n' pans' was

I already worked out from what you said before that your bday must be around the 10th of feburay :p

cool it just took you 70 hours to answer to my original post

Wait you were timing me :eek:

now 23 minutes lol :lol:
 

BlackWolf

Godhand
Otaku-san said:
BlackWolf said:
Otaku-san said:
BlackWolf said:
Otaku-san said:
Rui said:
Is it just me or do we have a strangely high number of folks here with December/January birthdays?

Maybe it just feels like that because it's relevant so people mention it :)

R

Close Rui but not quite, mines in the winter month but not December/January :)

though my 'pot n' pans' was

I already worked out from what you said before that your bday must be around the 10th of feburay :p

cool it just took you 70 hours to answer to my original post

Wait you were timing me :eek:

now 23 minutes lol :lol:

:lol:

well you know i do have other things to do :wink:

:p
 

Chaz

Chuunibyou
Christmas for me is really "X-mas." It's not about a baby being born on the 25th, but I still want to have that one day where we remember to give and recieve.
In other words, it's not a religious event for me, but a spiritually (as well as financially) expressive or demanding tradition. Lets me thing I've done something nice for someone and hope the favour is returned (but not to be greedy and say "I gave you a present, so you have to buy me one!")

I dont mind spending and giving. I do find it annoying that people wont give you a clue what they want until it becomes almost last minute. (It's not really a 'secret santa' or mystery present thing for me.) This is usually with family and close friends.

Also, it's busy for my calendar, as more and more parties are brought up to be invited to, and you have to accept one or two. I'm on a tight budget, but I want to at least make the effort in going. Not been to work's party last year so I'm making up for that.

So yeah, can be stressful with the hassling and balancing things out, but everything good has its sacrifices before anything happens. I'm prepared for that. :)

P.S. All you Xmas/birthday people have it bad! You get sh** loads in your stockings, but you wont get that LTD edition boxset and such in April.
 

Arbalest

黒い剣士
Moderator
Most people post in the forum games section, so thats how they get their post counts up so high, only a few never go in there =p

On topic again, i guess since the first of december its been a little bit easier to get gifts, mainly because of the 2.5% drop in VAT. Ok its not that much but even still its something meaning money being saved, so it makes things a little easier.
 

McIcy

Mushi-shi
I look forward to christmas eve more than the day as I get to see all my mates (we all come home from our places around the country to see family) and we all have a big night drinking then xmas day arrives and the best thing about that would be my mum cooking a huge christmas dinner yummy.

I hate the presents part as this year I am totally broke after shopping for everyone
 

McIcy

Mushi-shi
Well I put up my tree yesterday and today I will be putting up my christmas decorations and fitting the bright lights outside my house, already posted my xmas cards and bought and wrapped all my presents so until christmas day i am totally done.

I am more looking forward to christmas eve as its the time of year all my friends (who work all over the country) head home to see there families and we all end up at the pub til about 3am before heading home.

Only downside is I can't get drunk on christmas day with my family as I am stuck working nightshift christmas day but hopefully i will have gotten some new PS3 games or dvd's to keep me entertained while I work.
 

Tachi

Mushi-shi
RetroRainbow said:
I don't feel Chrismas-ish at all. I just feel meh. A lot of my friends feel the same~ perhaps we're just getting older. We're thinking more about upcoming parties instead of putting up the tree. My tree isn't even up yet. Apparently, we're putting ours up at the weekend. Hopefully I'll feel Christmas-ish then.

You an me both sister.

At the moment i'm not feeling too festive...put christmas songs on my iPod in a attempt to feel the buzz i used to feel....but last year (when i started work) i felt the same as i do now....not really bothered with christmas, mostly looking at my party/socialization rota and thats about it.
was meant to put decorations up 12 days before xmas...which was lastnight...but haven't because a night out with the lads seemed more important.

i think i know why the buzz is gone too...christmas used to mean something when i was younger...being with the whole family (very rare) and getting time off school and getting presents......yet all i'm looking forward to is my 2 weeks off work (thank god for annual leave entitlement) and being able to go out most nights with the lads and missus and not worry about being in work the morning after with a headache.
the presents thing has lost all "wowness" when your earning your own money and spend weekly amounts buying anything you want you find you don't really need anything for christmas. so your given money as nobody knows what to buy you (well except the traditional christmas socks and jumper which nearly everyone gets) i think christmas will have a real meaning about it when i have my own kids....then the buzz might return. who knows.

Growing up has pro's and con's and were constantly learning more of em
 

BlackWolf

Godhand
Hmm i thought this thread may of got a bit more activity seeing how close it is now.

Ah well here's my xmas greetings to everyone (i apoligise for the bad colouring on the ice and the background, i'm not really a graphics person)
 

shira

Shinigami
BlackWolf said:
Hmm i thought this thread may of got a bit more activity seeing how close it is now.

Ah well here's my xmas greetings to everyone (i apoligise for the bad colouring on the ice and the background, i'm not really a graphics person)

:lol: Thats cute in a weird way.
 
Top