The Boy And The Beast at UK cinemas on 10th July

P

Paul

The Boy And The Beast (2015) looks to be receiving a short UK theatrical release courtesy of StudioCanal. The screenings are all at Picturehouse cinemas on Monday, 10th July, and are listed as being in Japanese language with English subtitles. The film was directed by Mamoru Hosoda (The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Summer Wars) at Madhouse Studios. A home video release may well be on the cards at some point, too, if Amazon is anything to go by.

Continue reading...

Picture house is way too limited (especially when the majority is London), and this is far too late to be showing it. I just wish they'd hurry up with the BD release. :/

Picture house is way too limited (especially when the majority is London), and this is far too late to be showing it. I just wish they'd hurry up with the BD release. :/

Yeah, 3 locations is kinda of a joke. At that small a scale, I kinda have to ask exactly what the point is.

For a film that's already been out on Blu-ray/DVD in USA for almost a year, 3 locations at a cinema chain that most people don't even recognise is ridiculous especially in the time were in now when AL & Manga are able to put their theatrical screenings throughout at the country at many locations.

Hopefully we don't have long to wait for the Blu-ray, although at this point i'm getting tired of waiting and might just cave and buy the Funi's release.

For a film that's already been out on Blu-ray/DVD in USA for almost a year, 3 locations at a cinema chain that most people don't even recognise is ridiculous especially in the time were in now when AL & Manga are able to put their theatrical screenings throughout at the country at many locations.

Hopefully we don't have long to wait for the Blu-ray, although at this point i'm getting tired of waiting and might just cave and buy the Funi's release.
It's screening at one of my local cinemas, so I'm afraid I'll have to see it and make a big deal about anime fans not making enough effort to watch anime theatrically. Got to give my biggest critics something to complain about.

Already bought the US version when they went all coy about ever releasing it. And already saw it in the cinema in London anyway >_>

I wonder what happened behind the scenes to cause the big gap between the initial promotion and this new campaign?

R

It's screening at one of my local cinemas, so I'm afraid I'll have to see it and make a big deal about anime fans not making enough effort to watch anime theatrically. Got to give my biggest critics something to complain about.

Not sure whether you're joking or not, while I'm glad it's showing near you. You can't really complain that anime fans aren't making the effort to see it when it's kept to Liverpool, London and York, it's StudioCanal that doesn't seem to have faith in it since they previously cancelled the Blu-ray/DVD now they think just showing it in 5 cinemas is acceptable.

Not sure whether you're joking or not, while I'm glad it's showing near you. You can't really complain that anime fans aren't making the effort to see it when it's kept to Liverpool, London and York
I'm somewhat joking; some people moaned when I complained anime fans weren't putting the effort in to see Your Name last year, so I now make an effort to complain about fans every theatrical release.

That's fantastic for anyone in the South of England outside of London, I guess...
Perhaps if people supported their local Picturehouse cinemas, instead of always choosing a local Odeon or Vue with cheaper tickets, they'd get more anime screened locally.

Saw it ages ago and while they could be showing it in my back garden and I still likely wouldn't bother, 3 locations is a bit of a joke, not even one showing in the whole of Scotland.

Yep, I should totally get a train to York to support my local Picturehouse instead of the Vue that's a 15 minute bus away.
25 minute bus to my local Vue, 35 minute bus to my local Picturehouse. Only makes sense to me to support the cinema more likely to screen anime films so they know there's demand.

Honestly I hadn't heard of Picturehouse till this thread and there's good reason for that they're mostly in London, there's none near me, not even one in Birmingham which is where I usually travel for my cinema so that's surprising.

Took a look at their prices, £11.60 for a ticket for The Red Turtle on Saturday, no wonder they don't get any business. I regularly go to Odeon where the peak time tickets are £7.95 and most other cinemas I've been too are around that price, not almost £12! At that price I'd go elsewhere or just wait for the Blu-ray tbh.

Took a look at their prices, £11.60 for a ticket for The Red Turtle on Saturday, no wonder they don't get any business. I regularly go to Odeon where the peak time tickets are £7.95 and most other cinemas I've been too are around that price, not almost £12! At that price I'd go elsewhere or just wait for the Blu-ray tbh
If I want to watch a mainstream film, it's £5 for everything at my local Vue. If I want to watch anime, I'm happy to pay the £8-£10 for Picturehouse because they keep screening anime I want to watch.

Back