The Boy And The Beast at UK cinemas on 10th July

Cinemas still exist which only charge £7-£8?!

I don't have a local (it's an hour to the closest and that one shows no anime) but even for mainstream content I expect to pay £12 or so on top of train fares. Which are admittedly fairly decent down here, but at the same time I'm not that interested for something I've already trekked out to see before.

With this late a screening I'd rather they'd have done a dub run and then I could have sent my kid brother off to see it. He'd enjoy the film.

R

My local Odeon is £9. I don't really have any other options other than a cineworld, but I don't want to do a 1+ hour bus journey to get there.

No cinema close to me is showing Boy and the Beast, and I'm not paying like £40 to travel to London to go see it.

2.5 hours by train to my nearest Picturehouse which is actually showing it. There's 1 10 mins away on the bus that isn't, which ironically is where I'm going to see In This Corner of The World in a couple of weeks.

My closest cinema, a Vue, is a flat £5. The local Odeons, Picturehouse, and The Light tend to be about £10. The less local Vue is the same.

My local Vue is £5 too, except for when it's anything Anime related, then they tend to charge almost double (£9-£10). I prefer going to my local cineworld, while I kind of prefer the picture and sound quality at the Vue overall, my Cineworld is just a little closer and less of a hassle to get to. Not to mention I'm subscribed to their unlimited service, which goes a long way on cutting cost given you visit the cinema more than two or three times a month.

Back