Overseas The Aniplex Thread

I've been thinking, regarding Aniplex titles, I'm planning on doing a separate thread which focuses on overseas cheaper alternatives to AoA releases and which are good/bad. Has this been done before? If not, would it be okay if I do a thread on it?

I've been thinking, regarding Aniplex titles, I'm planning on doing a separate thread which focuses on overseas cheaper alternatives to AoA releases and which are good/bad. Has this been done before? If not, would it be okay if I do a thread on it?
As long as it doesn't conflict with this thread's content and doesn't copy/paste this thread's information into another, I'm perfectly fine with a secondary thread dedicated to cheaper alternatives.

SAO II BOXSET- 24th September SRP $199.98

Cells at work dub and BD 27th August SRP $169.98

Last edited:
In recent weeks Aniplex of America have announced the acquisitions for the following:

CENCOROLL CONNECT

Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks?

Rascal Does Not Dream of a Dreaming Girl

Definitely Rascal. Cencoroll looks maybe a little too out there for me, but...lol.

why are aniplex so expensive. i meanm its just a cartoon at the end of the day, get a life, jeez

I just like the disc quality of Aniplex releases - including both Aniplex of America sets and Aniplex of Japan imports, I've got right around 100 Aniplex releases in my collection now.

New updates:

Demon Slayer gets an English dub and will be airing on Toonami

Fate/Stay Night [Heaven's Feel] II. Lost Butterfly is coming to Blu-ray in Limited & Standard sets, due for 19th November 2019. SRP $79.98 & $49.98 respectively.

Fate/stay Night Heaven's Feel II. lost butterfly Limited Edition includes the anime movie directed by Tomonori Sudo contained in a rigid box which houses the Original Soundtrack II, Art Book with key visuals plus magazine art and various illustrations, plus an Animation Materials Deluxe Booklet featuring staff interviews and more! While supplies last also receive an Exclusive Bushiroad’s Weiß Schwarz card!

Fate/Zero is getting the Complete Series BD-BOX treatment, due for 29th October 2019. SRP $224.98.

Fate/Zero Complete Box Set contains episodes 1-25 of the anime directed by Ei Aoki which is housed in a rigid box and includes Clear Blu-ray cases with 2-sided wraps plus a Mini-booklet.

I Want To Eat Your Pancreas is coming to Blu-ray, due for 19th November 2019. SRP $49.98.

I want to eat your pancreas contains the anime film directed by Shinichiro Ushijima, along with package illustrations by character designer Yuichi Oka, and a special booklet with cast member interviews.

Kill la Kill is getting the Complete Series BD-BOX treatment, due for 24th December 2019. SRP $199.98.

KILL la KILL Complete Box Set contains episodes 1-24 and the unaired episode #25 of the anime directed by Hiroyuki Imaishi plus a Booklet.

Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai is getting the Complete Series BD-BOX treatment, due for 19th November 2019. SRP $134.98. No English dub.

Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai contains episodes 1-13 of the anime directed by Soichi Masui and contains a Special booklet with character reference guides and scene design materials.

Last edited:
Great to see heaven's feel II, Fate/Zero and Bunny girl dates.

The sooner they are out, the sooner MVM can get them out as well!

Also I will probably import Pancreas, price isn't that bad to me.

Bunny girl not getting a dub is a massive surprise must have not done as well as I thought. Ofc getting Fate/Zero and the bunny girl set, pancreas I’ll wait for Madman and surprised they could get HF close to Japan as part 1 was also Nov yet released May in Japan over then August date this time.

Updated the first few posts.

Tweaks include:
  • Added Fate/Stay Night [Unlimited Blade Works] Japanese import featuring English dub & sub support (due January 2020)
  • Added Fate/Stay Night [Unlimited Blade Works] original soundtrack to be made available standalone (due January 2020)
  • Added Lord El-Melloi II's Case Files {Rail Zeppelin} Grace note original soundtrack to be made available standalone (due September 2019)
  • Noted that Expelled from Paradise has officially sold out (now no longer available for purchase)
  • All new additions to the AoA schedule from Anime Expo and Otakon 2019

Updated the first few posts.

Tweaks include:
  • Added ORESUKI Are you the only one who loves me? for streaming/simulcast section (airs October 2019)
  • Added We Never Learn: BOKUBEN (Season 2) for streaming/simulcast section (airs October 2019)
  • Added 22/7 for streaming/simulcast section (airs January 2020)

Last edited:
Back