Overseas The Aniplex Thread

During the Rightstuf sale last month I was hoping for a discount on the Kaguya series, but not only weren't there any discounts, but the first season is now OOP... Prices on eBay have gone up from $99 to well over $800...
Aniplex titles only go on sale during Right Stuf’s Christmas sale.

Initially I was planning to buy the first season during the Discotek sale in June (even though it wasn't discounted) but I forgot to add it to my basket...

F6e_GrnWEAAo6-N (1).jpg
Aniplex of America have announced they are releasing the Rascal Does Not Dream Series Blu-ray Box Set, which consists of the Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai TV Series and the Rascal Does Not Dream of a Dreaming Girl movie which have been released separately in the past.

The Boxset contains a booklet and both the TV Series and Movie over 4 discs (packaged as a digipak inside a box of some unspecified type), stated as having Japanese audio with English subtitles and an English dub for the first time for both the TV series and movie, unlike previous releases as both of those were sub only (either AoA or MVM). Various other extras like PVs are also included.

Set to release on November 14th with a SRP of $159.98 on Rightstuf

Edit as of 26th September: it now no longer states English as spoken language on the product page, though the trailer description still says it.

Last edited:
View attachment 30659
Aniplex of America have announced they are releasing the Rascal Does Not Dream Series Blu-ray Box Set, which consists of the Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai TV Series and the Rascal Does Not Dream of a Dreaming Girl movie which have been released separately in the past.

The Boxset contains a booklet and both the TV Series and Movie over 4 discs (packaged as a digipak inside a box of some unspecified type), stated as having Japanese audio with English subtitles and an English dub for the first time for both the TV series and movie, unlike previous releases as both of those were sub only (either AoA or MVM). Various other extras like PVs are also included.

Definitely pre-ordering this! Hopefully UP1 should be able to get stock before they retire at the end of the year. 🤞

I already have the original AoA releases in subtitle-only for both the series and the movie, and I never use a dub unless I'm showing a series to friends who need them, so I doubt I'll bother with the re-release for this. I do like the artwork on the new AoA box set, though.

Wait - hold everything! Is that a 4-panel digipak with spanned art? O-S-A-R a digipak! OK, just ignore my previous train of thought - this is now a definite purchase for me!

Last edited:
View attachment 30659

Edit as of 26th September: it now no longer states English as spoken language on the product page, though the trailer description still says it.
This won't be an issue for a fair few people, and the show's quality speaks for itself, but it's pretty clear now that Aniplex of America and Rightstuf incorrectly stated that English audio would be included on the set (though, still mentioned on a video description, but the Rightstuf announcement tweet has also been deleted and theres no more mentions of it), meaning what is new is even less than previously thought. Since it may have been a tipping factor to import over other options for some, best to mention it.

Also I guess this will be on the CR Store, at some point.

I have the original separate AoA releases for Rascal, but I was going to double-dip on the new compilation box set strictly for the nice digipak. I do still plan to get it, as I personally don't use English dubs for anime anyway (and neither does my mother or my two daughters) unless I'm showing it to friends, so the retraction of having a dub is definitely not an issue for me.

850053662928_sword-art-online-the-movie-progressive-scherzo-of-deep-night-blu-ray-limited-edition_1.jpeg

Aniplex have announced their home video release for Sword Art Online the Movie: Progressive -Scherzo of Deep Night-, which is scheduled for 12th December at $64.98 SRP & $54.98 Crunchyroll price.

Same style as the first film in terms of packaging.

850053662928_sword-art-online-the-movie-progressive-scherzo-of-deep-night-blu-ray-limited-edition_1.jpeg

Aniplex have announced their home video release for Sword Art Online the Movie: Progressive -Scherzo of Deep Night-, which is scheduled for 12th December at $64.98 SRP & $54.98 Crunchyroll price.

Same style as the first film in terms of packaging.

Dangnabbit, of course Aniplex announce the one title I really want right after the Right stuf merge & UP1* close. :mad:😭

*I know UP1 are technically still open, but since they have removed all US titles from their webstore they may as well be closed as far as US titles are concerned.

I've been reading about CR not shipping home video stuff outside the US (in their site as well) but nothing stops me during the order process. Do they just cancel the order later?

Aniplex of America sale on the Crunchyroll store, which is pretty similar to the usual discounts on Home Video in the past on Rightstuf.

Looks like I already own every title listed in that Aniplex Sale except the 6 releases for the series I have no interest in - Persona 5, Demon Slayer, Gurren Lagan, and Kill La Kill. I'm all caught up right now with AoA releases.

It is a nice set, though I am glad I own the individuals

I feel the same, the box sets are definitely nice for saving some shelf space, but I still do prefer having all of the individual "singles" releases. I especially like that the individual sets will fit into plastic box protectors, too, although in this photo it looks like I still have 4 of the newer titles to be put into boxes...

allmonogatari.jpg

GKBdkiRWwAEzNce.jpg
Announced at Sakura Con that Gurren Lagann The Movie, featuring both -Childhood's End- & -The Lights In The Sky Are Stars-, are to be released by Aniplex of America later in the year on 4K UHD Blu-ray. No Pricing was stated (expect it won't be cheap, obviously).

These were released in Japan on 4K UHD with English subs, however it's almost certain the newly recorded English dub of these (featuring almost all of the cast returning from the TV Series) will be new and exclusive to this release.

Back