The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Thanks to @zappi for finding this the other week, I ordered Kyousougiga from Rarewaves Outlet via ebay for only £13.17.

Definitely a hidden gem of a series, directed by the great Rie Matsumoto. She also directed Blood Blockade Battlefront, a favourite of mine as well as an advert for a chocolate brand and a Pokemon music video which were both wonderful as well.

I placed a small order yesterday from Sentai's Cyber Monday sale, and I got a shipping notice from them this morning already. Most of these titles are "lower-priority" Blu-rays that I only picked up because of the low prices. Canaan is the one title I am double-dipping on for any improvements from their original Blu-ray release I already own.

sentaicybermonday2023.jpg

Ordered all these in the Rarewaves and Zavvi Black Friday sales on Sunday, particularly excited about Fire Force Season 2 as I recently rewatched S1 and greatly enjoyed it :)

Astra in Space Standard Blu-ray
A Certain Magical Index Season 1 Standard Blu-ray
A Certain Magical Index Season 2 Standard Blu-ray
A Certain Magical Index: The Movie - The Miracle of Endymion Standard Blu-ray
Fire Force Season 2 Part 1 Standard Blu-ray
Fire Force Season 2 Part 2 Standard Blu-ray
Occultic Nine Part 1 Standard Blu-ray
Occultic Nine Part 2 Standard Blu-ray
Space Battleship Yamato 2202 Part 1 Standard Blu-ray
Space Battleship Yamato 2202 Part 2 Standard Blu-ray

With Emma S1 CE and Captain Tylor TV Series CE not being included in the sale (likely Mystery Box titles I'd guess) I left the remaining parts of the series for now but I did get both parts of Future Boy Conan 4K which was another one of the main titles I had my eye on for this sale. I also had Samurai Flamenco in my cart but between adding it and getting to the checkout it had unfortunately already sold out.

Plan to get Shirobako for sure and would like to get Kids on the Slope and Kaiji but I'll see how funds go by the time the sale is nearing its end.

EDIT: Were the 4K's of Future Boy Conan actually a part of the sale? as £44.99 for each part seemed cheaper than usual but now I'm not sure and maybe screwed myself over.

Last edited:
Ordered from Anime-on-Line: (Christmas Sale)

Berserk: TV Series - Complete Series (CE Blu-Ray)
Burst Angel - Complete Series + OVA (CE Blu-Ray)
Trinity Blood - Complete Series (CE Blu-Ray)

Back