The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

I seem to remember seeing it years ago in HMV, though it could have been the DVD.. that explains why CEX doesn't have it listed.. the more you know
A UK Blu-ray release was planned, but due to a quality control problem of the UK discs not working properly on PlayStations it was canceled (which was bizarre because all they were doing is using the Madman master).

xxxholic Rei 4 (Japanese)

So for a surprise I recently found out there actually is a v4 (took me just 4 years to learn...) and as it's on the list of an acquantaince to takeover the series volumes after I read it, I had the English ones ordered and wow, did I forget what crap paper quality Kondansha USA pulled there. (And the most questionable deisign choice with that Tsubasa/Chobits ad) Remembering v3 I thought this one would be a wrap up aftermath to Tsubasa's Nirai Kanai. To my surprise it started up a new arc and there is this mean mean "to be continued" at the end of the volume. To my even worse surprise there is no volume 5 even in Japan (3 years since volume 4!). Regardless, got my appetite up to pick it up again, which is when I remembered I had bought the JP volumes back in 2016 already (the whole first series and the first 3 of rei and geez, I probably missed rei 4 just by a few weeks.) Picking those up and comparing rei 1 JP and the english one (because of course I had to find out I had that one one time too much).
Right, it's not just the paper quality that suchs, print quality is also subpar and more over they have no colour pages. German ones had fairly terrible SFX editing especially in the first volume, but at least kept the colour pages. (Though they are OOP badly for years now. Ditched mine, when the series got caught up in Tsubasa's later trainwreck.)

Either way, I mixture of completeness-want (not that it was complete) and best version-want.

(And I can actually somewhat read them furigana-less as they are. Ha!)

Picked up a used US DVD digipak set of Speed Grapher from eBay, after a fellow BD Forum member reminded me about the series a few days ago. It should be arriving on Monday or Tuesday. I had Speed Grapher in my Save For Later queue on Rightstuf's website about 6 years ago, intending to purchase the series, but when RS upgraded their website in June 2015, it wiped out all my items I had in the Save for Later queue, and then I just totally forgot about the series.

The copy I got looks like this but was in a bit better condition. I decided against getting the Chipboard art box release, it was just way too big. This digipak set is much more manageable:

Screenshot-20200222-140821-2.png

Last edited:
Ordered a few import titles last night including That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Part 2 Limited Edition. Went ahead and picked up Part 1 on my lunch break from CeX.

Bought the Elfen Lied Collectors Edition BD set on eBay thanks to @SkwigglesWorth's tipoff on the bargains thread 👍
Should be arriving Thursday
Good pickup! Dark horse is also publishing omnibuses for the manga, it's the author's first manga though, but Attack on Titan (isiyama's first real work) still looks better. I'd only reccomend going for it if you liked the anime's seemingly unfinished plot though

Back