The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Pre Ordered (Anime On Line, Paid)

-Psycho Pass The Movie (LE, Anime Ltd, BD)
-Assassination Classroom Part 2 (Anime Ltd, BD)
-Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun (LE, MVM, BD)

Bought (CeX)

-Bleach Season 13 (Kaze, DVD)
-Sword Art Online II Part 2 (LE, Anime Ltd, BD)
-Paprika (BD)

Late night anime shopping hangover today.

XHvQHvrh.png

I knew watching this series again would lead me to doing something silly, couldn't resist these amazing deals.

• French Samurai Flamenco box 1 and 2 in the 'buy 3 pay for 2' on Amazon FR and as a result got Spectre for free.
• Escaflowne from Anime Limited shop

Picked up Beyond The Boundary on blu-ray from music magpie, £15.57 using there 20% off code.

Gonna pick up Escaflowne early bird after next months payday. Gonna have to save some budget from this month so it doesn't hit too hard.

From UP1USA:

Nisemonogatari Collection (Aniplex of America)

I've been umming and ahhing about ordering this for a while now, but I just had to bite the bullet and order the damn thing. I've made the decision to collect the AoA Monogatari sets, after a lot of thought. Now I have the two most expensive sets out of the way, collecting Monogatari AoA sets will be slightly less painful on the wallet, and I should be able to start picking them up monthly from about November (September is proving to be expensive with 4 Anime Limited Sets, and the Haruhi CE from Funi will eat at my budget in October) so I should have the lot this time next year. Hopefully.

Oh lawd, Lemon has fallen to the dark side. :p

On the opposite side of the price scale to Lemon, I picked up Last Exile on DVD from eBay for £10.

I also canceled my Akito The Exiled Part 5 & Persona 3 Movie 4 order from Amazon Japan in the hopes the yen gets a little weaker at some point, even if I only save a couple of quid lol.

Anime
Monthly Girls Nozaki-kun (BluRay CE) from Anime-On-Line.
Psycho-Pass: The Movie (BluRay CE) from Base.

Manga
Monster (perfect edition) vol 9 from Wordery.
My Monster Secret vol 3 from Book Depository.
Yona of the Dawn vol 1 from Book Depository.

Ordered from Amazon UK:
Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin 1 - Activation
Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin 2 - Garma
Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin 3 - Ramba Ral

Pre-ordered from Amazon UK:

Lupin III (2015) Part 1 Collector's Edition Blu-ray
Ouran High School Host Club Collector's Edition Blu-ray
Tatami Galaxy Collector's Edition Blu-ray
Genius Party/Genius Beyond Collector's Edition Blu-ray

mrclt1994 said:
Ordered from Amazon UK:
Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin 1 - Activation
Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin 2 - Garma
Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin 3 - Ramba Ral
Are you trying to tell me you didn't already have the manga!

It's a lovely release though and I make sure it's nice and safe on my shelf.

Gemsy-chan said:
Are you trying to tell me you didn't already have the manga!

It's a lovely release though and I make sure it's nice and safe on my shelf.

Haha yeah, this is actually my first ever Manga! Look forward to getting stuck in.

Grav returns with a new pickup, after taking last month off due to sorting out accommodation (a £250 deposit mind you).

QvfTi89m.jpg

Samurai Flamenco: Part 1 Collector's Edition [Blu-ray]
Been meaning to acquire this set for a while now, but after the fears that Part 2 could not see the light of day I decided to wait and see what happens next. Now that Part 2 will finally get released I have taken the opportunity to use the Zavvi price (as it's £24.99) and make use of the Unidays 10% student discount (thanks to Doctor for mentioning it), totalling £22.49 as a result. I know most folks on here took advantage of the cheap CeX deals but I don't buy second-hand products, it's a policy of mine. Anywho I actually really enjoyed watching this series when it streamed on Wakanim UK and while the show does get weird I didn't mind and accepted it's direction. Looking forward to owning Part 2.

In terms of other potential pickups I have debated on Escaflowne as the £90 offer is great, but I am limited to what I can get and I figured getting multiple items would be best before heading off to Uni next month. So unless I get a few more funds I'll have to pass on the £90 offer and do with the £105 offer MVM has once the deal passes. There's also Terror in Resonance which is going for £60 on Amazon which is tempting but for the same reasons mentioned I'm holding back until further notice (unless someone randomly gives me a Amazon gift voucher/code or something to make TIR cheaper lol).

As mentioned on the Discord, I am also slowing down on US special sets due to the price increases and presentation. I only have 5-6 LEs I am considering to get from Funimation (Aquarion EVOL, Assassination Classroom, Danganronpa, High School DxD BorN, Tokyo Ghoul Season 1 and Wanna Be the Strongest in the World) but of course if I miss out I wouldn't be that fussed anymore. I will try and get the Sentai CEs (Beyond the Boundary and Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun) before they sell out. In addition I am also planning on getting Rightstuf's Got Anime once again to help out with the imports now that their site is friendly in terms of changing payment and addresses after their previous one was tedious. Aniplex titles I'll still try and acquire but it depends on the exchange rate at this point. Some titles from Aniplex will be picked up via the UK version though (Aldnoah Zero from Anime Ltd, Blue Exorcist from Manga UK for examples) to speed things up.

UPDATE:

qObJdHI.gif

Haibane Renmei Boxset - I've wanted this particular set for a while, and since it doesn't look like a BD is coming anytime in the foreseeable future I decided to grab it from eBay. Funny story, about a week ago I made an offer on a set on eBay and had it rejected, just got this for £11 plus postage, which works out about £10 less. I also think it was the same seller but not 100% sure, guess I'll find out when it arrives covered in spit......

Buzzkillington said:
Haibane Renmei Boxset - I've wanted this particular set for a while, and since it doesn't look like a BD is coming anytime in the foreseeable future I decided to grab it from eBay. Funny story, about a week ago I made an offer on a set on eBay and had it rejected, just got this for £11 plus postage, which works out about £10 less. I also think it was the same seller but not 100% sure, guess I'll find out when it arrives covered in spit......
Ha, I was actually watching that set on eBay, but was at work when it finished so wasn't able to bid on it.

Back