The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Kokoro Connect Light Novels 1-4

To be honest...no, I can't read Japanese, but I really want to support this series as much as I can...I'd love to be able to buy the Japanese BDs, but they're too expensive.

Also, my decision was in now way influenced by the fact that there were less of 5 of each novel left in stock.

And we all know no one will license them anyway...the manga might get licensed, but unless your light novels are called "The [X] of Haruhi Suzumiya" or "Spice and Wolf", you're going to have a bad time.

Lawrence said:
I wouldn't say that now. I mean, they aren't the quickest on the uptake but Yen Press are slowly adding more light novels to their release schedule, like "Book Girl". And considering Spice and Wolf seems to be selling well, there isn't any reason that they won't license something else in the future.
I've poked them on Twitter about possibly licensing Kokoro Connect, but in all honesty, if anything other than the anime is licensed, it will probably be the manga.

They do need to grab the Shakugan no Shana license from Viz Media though

MVM already have the license for Shakugan no Shana season 2, so I expect them to get the movie/S/III if season 2 sells well.

In terms of the light novels, Viz Media released the first 2 then quietly cancelled the series They did the same with the manga after 6 volumes (cancelling it once it finished the story that the first 2 light novels covered).

I really enjoyed the first two Shana novels, was gutted when I found out Viz had cancelled the series. Hopefully the upcoming releases of Shana 2nd and the final series might pick up enough interest to encourage somebody to continue with the novels.

VoxPhantom said:
I really enjoyed the first two Shana novels, was gutted when I found out Viz had cancelled the series. Hopefully the upcoming releases of Shana 2nd and the final series might pick up enough interest to encourage somebody to continue with the novels.
Hopefully. I loved the novels (in fact, the first novel is probably one of the only books I've ever re-read).

Preordered some anime from UP1,
Steins;Gate Part 1 Limited Edition DVD/Blu-ray SEPT Preordered
Strike Witches Season 2 Limited Edition DVD/Blu-ray Combo
Hellsing Ultimate Set 1 (Vols 1 - 4) DVD/Blu-ray
Hellsing Ultimate Set 2 (Vols 5 - 8 ) DVD/Blu-ray
Black Lagoon Complete Series (Seasons 1-2) Anime Classics DVD/Blu-ray
Serial Experiments Lain Complete Series DVD/Blu-ray

animefreak17 said:
Yay mangaman your back it's been a while since Iv seen you buy or preordered something I'l be doing the same in 2 weeks

Just over a week constitutes a while? I preordered some stuff from UP1 on the 10th of this month (posted about it on the 11th).

It isn't like I have to buy/preorder something every other day.

I'd be way more worried about the fact that he's tracking it, rather than whether the conclusions he's drawing from the information are sound. o_O

Back