The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

From the anime-on-line bargain goodness that's going on:

Texhnolyze box set
Berserk box set
Gungrave box set

I'm looking forward to Gungrave, Texhnolyze I've already rented but wanted to buy, Berserk could go either way but at least I'm braced for an abrupt end to that series (from what I read).

fabricatedlunatic said:
Kei-kun said:
Just received my Rightstuf order...
Gankutsuou Boxset
Mushi-shi Boxset
School Rumble 1+2+OVA boxset
A winner is you! I'm not sure about all the other stuff, but you got at least three top quality shows.
Heh, had them on my wish list for ages, expecting to see it [re]licensed over here, but I've pretty much given up as Funi doesn't seem to be so friendly towards Manga as it was with Rev Films (and it's obvious why... Navarre).

Getbackers was a mistake. I should have bought the UK edition... but that doesn't really matter since ADV isn't around anymore (the price I paid was about the same too).
I've seen the majority on that list, and know the others well enough to tell their quality. Too bad the School Rumble set doesn't include the last OVA (but then again, it's not even licensed over there).

UK releases are way too slow for someone like me who's willing to buy nearly everything seen through fansubs (or legal streaming, if that matters) and even more.

Ordered the following region 1 dvd,

Sgt. Frog: Season 1 - Part 2

Preordered the following region 1 dvd,

Big Windup - Complete Series (S.a.v.e. 4 Discs Collector's Edition Box Set)

Pre-Ordered:
Baccano! (Can't wait to watch it again!)
Eden of the East

I'll probably go back and pre-order some more, but those are the main 2 I really want.

I have the Eden of the East, Sengoku Basara, and Girl Who Leapt Through Time BDs ordered at HMV. Hopefully I won't be skint come October/November ^_^;

Also ordered Hell Girl series 1 (S.A.V.E edition) from one of those Amazon sellers who were being discussed somewhere the other day, along with the starter set from SecondSpin. I figure if I like the first series I'll then buy the second and third series collections and house all five releases in the box.

I got the Trinity Blood box set today and have Seto No Hanayome part one on route from America.

Also just pre ordered Hetalia season 1.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Yesterday PlayUSA shipped My Bride is a Mermaid part 1 and Living For the Day After Tomorrow.
Working out which series you were actually talking about here provided my daily mental exercise.

OK, so I actually knew which they were straight away, but I feel like this "translate the title and make me gloss over it on any release lists" thing happens a lot more now than it used to. Am I just going crazy?

I actually managed to order the SAVE re-release of Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora eventually yesterday, but must have gone past "Shattered Angels" about 10 times while browsing other sites in the past. Just happened to see it mentioned somewhere.

My Wings of Honneamise Blu-Ray set came todays, and it is lovely!!! Checked both discs and the difference between the BR and DVD through my PS3 though not immense is very noticeable!!

Shame the set is DVD size, but other than that I am very pleased with this =]

I should have Slayers Next in my hands in the next couple of days :) And prehaps Slayers Try if i have enough cash next week.

Also picked up:

Shaman King vol 22
Shaman King vol 24
Shaman King vol 25

God bless Travelling Man's 3 for 2 sale!

Anime

xxxHolic Part 1
Sky Crawlers

Manga

Soul Eater vol.3
Vampire Knight vol.10
One Piece vol.23
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya vol.6

Clannad After Story collection 2.

Use Amazon Marketplace, children! If one is willing to wait a small while for delivery, one can grab series like this without paying the Customs officer a single cent.

Zin5ki said:
Clannad After Story collection 2.

Use Amazon Marketplace, children! If one is willing to wait a small while for delivery, one can grab series like this without paying the Customs officer a single cent.
ooh so it finaly went under the limit. Imported it from .com here, complete with charges but do get it months earlier as a result.
Also got volume 2 of Aria (manga) this week.

Gone and preordered "Ikki Tousen Dragon Destiny: Premium" boxset and also getting "Mahoromatic: Automatic Maiden Full Metal Maid Collection" from UP1.
Been a while since I actually splashed out on anime, too much of a bargain hunter.

Back