The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

melonpan said:
Are you going to Video Games Live? I was so lucky to get seats for it, I'd been waiting for the website to list where to get tickets instead of TBA and hadn't checked in a month or so, then suddenly I found the tickets were already on sale O_O.

And, have you heard about the latest live Final Fantasy orchestra tour, Distant Worlds? I can't wait for it to come to the UK... assuming it ever will!

I'll be at VGL :) fortunately my OH is a game music addict so he was watching the site like a hawk. Should be interesting. We're going to the later performance on the Friday.

And I'd snap up a ticket to the FF one in a heartbeat if it popped up nearby.

R, who will be ordering Dokuro-chan on DVD in her next batch for sure

Rui said:
melonpan said:
Are you going to Video Games Live? I was so lucky to get seats for it, I'd been waiting for the website to list where to get tickets instead of TBA and hadn't checked in a month or so, then suddenly I found the tickets were already on sale O_O.

And, have you heard about the latest live Final Fantasy orchestra tour, Distant Worlds? I can't wait for it to come to the UK... assuming it ever will!

I'll be at VGL :) fortunately my OH is a game music addict so he was watching the site like a hawk. Should be interesting. We're going to the later performance on the Friday.

And I'd snap up a ticket to the FF one in a heartbeat if it popped up nearby.

R, who will be ordering Dokuro-chan on DVD in her next batch for sure

Ah good stuff. I'm signed up to the mailing list now so if a 2010 (2006 was the first I think, so every 2 years) concert appears hopefully I'll be informed before it's nearly all sold out :x

I'm going to that one as well I think, going to eat at the Japan Centre in the afternoon before the performance as well, which will be lovely.

I hope it turns out well, apparently the 2006 one was incredible.

Today I received:

• Jyu-Oh-Sei complete collection - comes in a thin card case with two thinpaks inside, sexy artwork, glad I bought this, great price, I've been excited about this anime ever since I saw the name when it was being fansubbed years ago (not that I ever got around to watching it, and I'm glad I didn't), it's just such a shame these can't be in chipboard boxes, silly Funimation devaluing their products

melonpan said:
Today I received:

• Jyu-Oh-Sei complete collection - comes in a thin card case with two thinpaks inside, sexy artwork, glad I bought this, great price, I've been excited about this anime ever since I saw the name when it was being fansubbed years ago (not that I ever got around to watching it, and I'm glad I didn't), it's just such a shame these can't be in chipboard boxes, silly Funimation devaluing their products
Prepare for ultimate dissapointment.

Lupus Inu said:
melonpan said:
Today I received:

Prepare for ultimate dissapointment.

I knew someone would say it, but to be completely honest, I watch too little anime to be disappointed by what I see. I know that I'll love this anime because I've loved every anime I've ever watched up until this point. I might as well carry on enjoying it while it's still going, anime might not be around forever.

Was in Forbidden Planer yesterday(bursary and loan came through) and got Berserk Volumes 13-14 and genshiken volume 4. Also saw Newtype Japan septembers issue there as well, kinda felt that i shoulda bought it then and there.

Love Hina: Vol. 6-7

It's unusual for me to buy individual volumes new but, since I'm enjoying reading it a lot, I thought I'd do so. Amazon are the cheapest for Love Hina (£4.19 + £4.54), so I ordered from them.

If the volumes ordered arrive in good condition I'll probably be ordering the remaining 7 volumes. It pains me not to pay £2-2.50 for used copies but I can't always rely on eBay... :'(

Maltos said:
I went to London on an educational trip with school and returned with Gyo vol.1 and Museum of Terror vol.1 to satisfy my Ito fix.

Spread the Ito love :D It'd be nice if Dark Horse would continue with Museum Of Terror at some point.

Manga shopping:
Real 2, Black Lagoon 2, Monster 17, Bound Beauty 1, After School Nightmare 9, Me And The Devil Blues 1, Silver Diamond 2.

Monster is drawing to a close and I was glad but a little suprised to notice that Viz has both 20th Century Boys and Pluto lined up for release next year.

Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro-Chan
Tsubasa Volume 8
School Rumble 2nd Semester Part 1. Sad this is being released like this and we won't get the tin like the first series.

Back