The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Lupus Inu said:
Haven't bought anything in a while, so...

PICT0080.jpg

PICT0081.jpg

Oh, VERY sexy indeed. And, two of the items that I'll be ordering just as soon as possible.

Do you happen to know how many original colour pages there were from Vagabond's Japanese release? People are reporting a substantial amount of colour pages in this omnibus edition, it's just hard to know if Viz omitted some like their other omnibus editions.

MPD-Psycho is looking as awesome as ever, volumes 4-6 have come around so fast!

Death note (anime) volume 2

Imports:
Slayers try (complete third season)
Gurren Lagann 1 (would have got two as well, but want to see how the DVDs are on my multiregion player)

Japanese imports today:

• Angela Aki - Today live concert DVD (first pressing) - comes in a box (ish) with a large photo booklet, very sexy; there was a Blu-ray version but that'll be for another time I guess
  • Final Fantasy 20020220 live concert album (2 CD) - can't wait to hear this

Just one thing arrived from Japan today:

• Final Fantasy: More Friends (CD) - this is another orchestral CD, like 20020220, and this time it actually has the orchestral version of "To Zanarkand"!

melonpan said:
Final Fantasy 20020220 live concert album (2 CD) - can't wait to hear this

That's one of my favourites, you should enjoy it.

I bought an expensive doujinshi I've been looking at for a while. Mmm YonKaka...cost more than some DVD sets would but it's worth it to me.

Also finally got around to buying the Gravitation soundtrack I've been failing to pick up for years, since I was buying the new Jay Chou CD anyway at the same place.

R

Just ordered 10-13 of the Berserk manga. It's been ages since I caught up with it, since I've been too broke lately to buy manga. It's going to be a long while before I'm up to date.

sanji no 1 said:
anyone else got this when it came out?
My copy arrived yesterday. I was hoping for a nice slipcover, like the ones Manga used for the Ghost in the Shell moves and some of their other releases, but was a little disappointed to find not so much as an insert, especially considering that Hellsing Ultimate is such a big title. Still, it's the content that counts.

I think Manga are phasing the slipcases out. A shame really, as their slipcases were the kind I like which, y'know, actually serve the purpose of a slipcase by keeping the DVD's place on the shelf. Not like those utterly pointless downover slipcases that are just a waste of cardboard.

sanji no 1 said:
Hellsing Ultimate volume 1.
ooooooh yeaaaaaah!
anyone else got this when it came out?

Had the US one when it was released. Now just hope they start releasing them again in the steelbooks.

Anime:
Strait Jacket
Otoboku Vol 3
DNA Hunter
Legend Of Crystania The Motion Picture

Manga:
He Is My Master Vol 4
Strawberry 100% Vol 6

Rui said:
melonpan said:
Final Fantasy 20020220 live concert album (2 CD) - can't wait to hear this

That's one of my favourites, you should enjoy it.

Oh absolutely, I find it strange that they didn't orchestrate the two FFX songs on it though (as I mentioned in the More Friends one). But yeah, I'm loving it so much! They have huge interludes of people talking after every song or every other song though, which gets a tad annoying because I can't understand what they're saying! I absolutely adore the live performances from the likes of Rikki though, it's absolutely magical!

Are you going to Video Games Live? I was so lucky to get seats for it, I'd been waiting for the website to list where to get tickets instead of TBA and hadn't checked in a month or so, then suddenly I found the tickets were already on sale O_O.

And, have you heard about the latest live Final Fantasy orchestra tour, Distant Worlds? I can't wait for it to come to the UK... assuming it ever will!

Oh, oh oh oh OH!!! How could I possibly forget, the holy grail of anime DVDs arrived today, so holy this DVD is it needs the largest, reddest font possible to be announced.

The almighty DOKURO-CHAN DVD arrived!!!

I proclaim that if anyone else has seem Dokuro-chan and hasn't already ordered/planning on ordering the DVD, they will be severely punished with immediate effect.

Also, The Third DVD 4 arrived, thus completing my boxset.

Back