The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

GetBackers DVD volume 8 arrived this morning. (Had the order been processed a little quicker and it arrived, like Naruto, on Saturday I'd've got the latest DVD and manga volume on the same day)

WTFDaveMustaine said:
Charter_Mage said:
Espy said:
My decision to buy the american box set seems slightly more justified now.
I'm of great indecision as to which i want to buy now, though i can afford (and play) the R1 version even less than i can the English one right now
If you would rather have huge boxes for such a long series then you are insane. Manga have done all you Naruto fans a huge favour.

i own the LE american boxset which is more larger and is happy with it. and it is not that big, and also it comes with the extra items included and a better packaging.
i think if the fans want more and the american one delivers it, then why not?
check out my US version if you want to see the difference and stuff.

I always thought Folouts were kinda flimsy. If you want the extra stuff that comes with it(which don't actually look that spectacular to be honest) then yes go for the region 1 but if you just want the episodes then i'd go for the UK version. I'd want to take up as little space as possible for such a long drawn out series.

Personally I think that box looks pretty ugly from the outside as it is anyway...

Edit: Oh! I thought it just came with the toys as extras(they remind me of the police kit you can get from the pound shop with the toy gun and badge), didn't see the storyboard, that looks pretty neat. The box from the outside still looks pretty tacky to me though.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
I always thought Folouts were kinda flimsy. If you want the extra stuff that comes with it(which don't actually look that spectacular to be honest) then yes go for the region 1 but if you just want the episodes then i'd go for the UK version. I'd want to take up as little space as possible for such a long drawn out series.

Personally I think that box looks pretty ugly from the outside as it is anyway...

Edit: Oh! I thought it just came with the toys as extras(they remind me of the police kit you can get from the pound shop with the toy gun and badge), didn't see the storyboard, that looks pretty neat. The box from the outside still looks pretty tacky to me though.

meh, everyone has different tastes
btw does the UK version come with the storyboard book
and if so does it comes in a book form like the R1 version or is it in some other form.

battle royale vol.1-4...

just read the first half of volume 1 and i can already tell the characters are gonna be much more interesting than their movie counterparts, don't get me wrong i loved the movie but the characters where dull, if it wasn't for chigasa and mitsuko it would have been borin!

skikes said:
battle royale vol.1-4...

just read the first half of volume 1 and i can already tell the characters are gonna be much more interesting than their movie counterparts, don't get me wrong i loved the movie but the characters where dull, if it wasn't for chigasa and mitsuko it would have been borin!
If you wanted the actual full character backstories and stuff, the movie would be 3 days long. XP

Trigun Maximum Vol.1 (got that yesterday)

Just ordered of Amazon;

Cowboy Bebop complete manga collection
& Cowboy Bebop the movie

And..

Still waiting for my Naruto boxset to arrive :(

WTFDaveMustaine said:
If you would rather have huge boxes for such a long series then you are insane. Manga have done all you Naruto fans a huge favour.
Personally i actually like the big boxsets, seems more substantial and to me the cover art looks way better than that 'Naruto Unleashed' thing. Though all the same i will still probably just make life easy for myself and get the R2 release, at least i would be able to play that, lol.

Anyway, i went shopping yesterday and bought:
Anime:
Samurai Champloo volume 6

Manga:
Fruits Basket volumes 7 and 8
Wild Rock
and Guru Guru Pon-Chan volume 2

In the post i also got Hot Gimmick volumes 6 and 7

Was my birthday on Saturday and got:

Naruto Unleashed 1:1
Elfen Lied Vector 4
Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Complete 1st GIG Box Set :D

Don't think I'll be going out much...

I shouldn't be paid, it should be put into a secure account that will only allow me to buy a set amount of anime and manga each month...

but I recently purchased:

Anime:
Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu vol 2

Manga:
Ranma 1/2 vol 12
Evangelion: Angelic Days Vol 2
R.O.D. vols 1 & 2

Living at home has its benefits... hehe ^__^

Just watched Cowboy Bebop the movie (arrived this morning), not bad at all :)

How does the series compare too the film, better, worse or about the same ?

...Still awaiting the arrival of Naruto 1.1 from Anime-on-line, suppose as it's free p&p a wait is what is to be expected, ho hum....

today i went out with some mates and bought some manga
One Piece vol 9, 10 & 11
School Rumble vol 1

and i got the dvd's i requested from the Manga volunteering today!
which were all free!
GITS SAC Boxset 1
Tokyo Underground boxset
GITS 2 inosence.

kool stuff!

Mr B said:
Just watched Cowboy Bebop the movie (arrived this morning), not bad at all :)

How does the series compare too the film, better, worse or about the same ?

Think of the movie as an extra long episode and you're there. The series is top notch, I can say they're probably about equal.

The fifth and final volume of the Candidate for Goddess manga arrived in the post this morning.

(That delivery also included a poster of the solar system which became out-of-date a few hours later - but it still looks good)

today in the post i got a rather different anime/manga style item.
its my first PVC fugure :)
it is a 8" figure of 'Aya Natsume' from Tenjho Tenge. and also comes with a small thin stand. i think it looks great!
(now just waiting until the online store gets the Sawachica Eri (from school rumble) figure in stock!

Back