The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Charter_Mage said:
I also got to finally try some Japanese food (Pocky, Koala no march, HI-CHU, and some Ramune soda)

I'm thinking of getting some Pocky's too, well i've wanted them for ages :p so are they nice, and what flavours did u get? :p

DaNiMé said:
Charter_Mage said:
I also got to finally try some Japanese food (Pocky, Koala no march, HI-CHU, and some Ramune soda)

I'm thinking of getting some Pocky's too, well i've wanted them for ages :p so are they nice, and what flavours did u get? :p
i must warn you that Pocky is hopelessly addictive! the only places i've seen that sell it are the oriental-run supermarkets, such as the Chinatown area of Manchester. you can get a box of pocky for around 95p from there.

DaNiMé said:
I got my japanese food from mountfugi.co.uk, but if you are just going to order one item like a pack of Pocky the minimum postage cost of £4.95 is a little high. So i would also recommend japanesekitchen.co.uk, they charge by weight.

I had Strawberry Pocky and also the chunky strawberry Pocky, the normal strawbery was the nicest, and as everyone says really addictive, i'm betting the chocolate is just as nice aswell.
I would recommend any of what i had, the Koala no march, the HI-CHU (very nice, and very chewy), and especially the Ramune soda, it tasted great, but i would recommend it just for the bottle and that glass ball seal alone.
I also had Diafuku Rice Cakes, very sticky, very unusual, not at all how i expected, and not cakes at all, but worth trying. And i had Japanese instant rice last night, completely explains how easy it is for them to eat rice with chop sticks and how they are able to make rice balls, and i've still got Yakisoba instant noodles to try

I bought ghost in the shell: stand alone complex vol.4 today and i have to say the first episode on this volume was brilliant. Its the first time ive seen all the members of section 9 fight together and the battle scene with the tachikomas was great. This series keeps getting better and better.

COOL!, thx for the info on Pocky's guys, that really helps :D

Btw, sry 2 ask more qu's but do u know where 2 get recipes for Japanese food, like the food in anime (those lunchboxes are super cool), but i can never find out how 2 make all those delicious things :D plz could sum1 help :p Thx in advance

Unit 0 said:
Just went into Ottakers and bought Fushigi Yugi 1 and 2 which was wierd as I thought it didn't come out until monday...

play.com sent mine out last Wednesday, I thought I'd ordered volume 1 but they sent volume 2, which is okay, but it means I need to get volume 1 next week to replace my flipped edition.

My Madlax OST 1 arrived as well, given it a listen through but sadly it doesn't have the full version of the opening theme, nor any version of the ending theme.

Red XIII said:
My Madlax OST 1 arrived as well, given it a listen through but sadly it doesn't have the full version of the opening theme, nor any version of the ending theme.

Thats bad :? , hopefully Geneon will release a second soundtrack.

Red XIII said:
Unit 0 said:
Just went into Ottakers and bought Fushigi Yugi 1 and 2 which was wierd as I thought it didn't come out until monday...

play.com sent mine out last Wednesday, I thought I'd ordered volume 1 but they sent volume 2, which is okay, but it means I need to get volume 1 next week to replace my flipped edition.

Thats pretty bad luck. :( I didn't even no they were releasing 1 and 2 at the same time until I saw them both in ottakers.

My parcel this morning was neither DVDs, nor manga but some really cute "One Piece" pencil boards.
I'm afraid I'm a bit of a collector of anime pencil boards as well - maybe I'll take some pics of those one day to show everyone :D

My Kodocha volume 1 and Gravi plushie arrived today :D

I must say I'm extremely impressed with the Kodocha set. The box is just like the Fruits Basket box, where it opens up like a hinged shoebox and the inside has a wonderful design of Sana and Akito. I did wonder why I was paying an extra £9 for just an artbox but when you open the box, you find out, as inside is a wonderful bag, it's like a huge wallet (those ones that open/close with velcro, made of waterproof stuff usually - can't think of any other way to describe it), with a little "bat" embroidered on the front and a shoulder strap! None of the websites I looked at mentioned anything about the contents and so it was a nice surprise to find it there!

The Kumagoro plushie (it's the bunny Ryuichi carries around with him in Gravitation) is absolutely gorgeous and I will have to take a pic of him to show you all. He's a little smaller than I expected, but he's so well made and the details are all there, including the little red buttons on his arm and leg joints :D

Miaka-chan said:
I must say I'm extremely impressed with the Kodocha set. The box is just like the Fruits Basket box, where it opens up like a hinged shoebox and the inside has a wonderful design of Sana and Akito. I did wonder why I was paying an extra £9 for just an artbox but when you open the box, you find out, as inside is a wonderful bag, it's like a huge wallet (those ones that open/close with velcro, made of waterproof stuff usually - can't think of any other way to describe it), with a little "bat" embroidered on the front and a shoulder strap! None of the websites I looked at mentioned anything about the contents and so it was a nice surprise to find it there!

The majority of sites don't mention extra's , but FUnimation and Geneon do have a habit of putting extras like that wallet in with their artboxes :)

Yay, I got some parcels today! :D

I got manga-wise...
Fruits Basket Vol. 3, 4 and 5
Berserk Vol. 1, 2 and 3
Battle Vixens Vol. 6 and 7

I also got DVD-wise...
Ikki Tousen Vol. 1 and 2

and my Fruits Basket Box finally arrived, which I was really suprised about.

Brought the 1st Vol of Chobits 2day loved the Manga so thought id watch the Anime n as its my B-day 2moz who knows maby ill have something else new >;3

DaNiMé said:
Btw, sry 2 ask more qu's but do u know where 2 get recipes for Japanese food, like the food in anime (those lunchboxes are super cool), but i can never find out how 2 make all those delicious things :D plz could sum1 help :p Thx in advance
Well those websites also have recipe books and recipe and meal packs, though i'm not sure what kind of recipes they are.
And i'm not sure if this is any help but this website has quite a few japanese recipes, theres alot of interesting desserts and sweets there: Here

today i got
Dvd
Gravitation vol 4
Chrono crusade vol 1

Manga
Gravitation 5
Cardcaptor Sakura:Master of the Clow 4
Mahoromatic 1

Back