The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Never had a big problem with WOWHD, obviously takes a while for order too arrive as its from the US (but VAT is paid/added at check out). The only other thing to mention is they aren't always fantastically well packaged, but I think I've only ever ordered things that are 2-4 disc cases and they usually come in this corrugated card that stick to it self on the inside (I just don't think it particually rigid), so I have had the odd case damaged and I think a few loose discs.

But I order To love Ru as well a week or so back and that been dispatched but that certainly going to be in a fat blu-ray case, which I'm unfortunatly a little uncertain how well that will cope with the packaging.

Also I'm pretty sure sniper_samurai has mentioned it too me before but they are the same company (or owned by) as DeepDiscount

Never had a big problem with WOWHD, obviously takes a while for order too arrive as its from the US (but VAT is paid/added at check out). The only other thing to mention is they aren't always fantastically well packaged, but I think I've only ever ordered things that are 2-4 disc cases and they usually come in this corrugated card that stick to it self on the inside (I just don't think it particually rigid), so I have had the odd case damaged and I think a few loose discs.

But I order To love Ru as well a week or so back and that been dispatched but that certainly going to be in a fat blu-ray case, which I'm unfortunatly a little uncertain how well that will cope with the packaging.

Also I'm pretty sure sniper_samurai has mentioned it too me before but they are the same company (or owned by) as DeepDiscount
The only multi season (with that packaging) I remember ordering were Gunslinger Girl. Had no problems.
And M Squad with Lee Marvin. 16 discs.
The only issue there was the quality of the DVD cases. The discs holes were bigger than the clip. I suppose that wasn't the seller's fault.
So I'm hopeful.

Oh, I received a VAT invoice this morning.

Sad news for piracy fans from SE Asia, which was once the hub of copied cassettes, then cds and dvds and now nothing. I found one small stall selling a couple of Japanese TV and anime shows. No new music or movie stores anywhere in the city, as it looks like streaming is now the only future we will be allowed.

I did buy the live version of honey & clover, my handsome butler and a Korean series called master of study, which is based on the manga dragon zakura. I fear this may be the end of English subtitled obscure Asian TV shows on disc.

Sad news for piracy fans from SE Asia, which was once the hub of copied cassettes, then cds and dvds and now nothing. I found one small stall selling a couple of Japanese TV and anime shows. No new music or movie stores anywhere in the city, as it looks like streaming is now the only future we will be allowed.

I did buy the live version of honey & clover, my handsome butler and a Korean series called master of study, which is based on the manga dragon zakura. I fear this may be the end of English subtitled obscure Asian TV shows on disc.
I guess they're all on eBay.
No matter what you search for, there is a official copy from the Malaysian licencing board.
Mind you, would like a copy of Angry Mom.

Taking advantage of the all your music 20% again

Beautiful Bones
Wanting this for ages. At £28 before discount, I'd have bought without discount.

Muhyo & Roji's Supernatural Investigations S1

Is that eBay?.. do you get charged customs as well?
Me and denny had a brief chat about that on the bargins thread page, as I was curious about it too:

I went for it, in the thinking customs charges are unlikly (but well you never know), My stuff has been dispatched, so it might come before the 30th (when offer ends, but stock may have gone by then), so can try and update at a later date if want.

On one of the emails I got (for ebay all your music purchase) this (also i think I saw on ebay checkout pay in top right area something regarding VAT being included):

Order total:
Price
£58.09​
Postage
Free​
Vouchers, discounts
-£11.62​
VAT
£9.29​
Total charged to
£55.76​
Tax Details: VAT Paid: IOSS ID:
GB 365 6085 76 (looks to be Ebay UK IOSS)​

Me and denny had a brief chat about that on the bargins thread page, as I was curious about it too:

I went for it, in the thinking customs charges are unlikly (but well you never know), My stuff has been dispatched, so it might come before the 30th (when offer ends, but stock may have gone by then), so can try and update at a later date if want.

On one of the emails I got (for ebay all your music purchase) this (also i think I saw on ebay checkout pay in top right area something regarding VAT being included):

Order total:
Price
£58.09​
Postage
Free​
Vouchers, discounts
-£11.62​
VAT
£9.29​
Total charged to
£55.76​
Tax Details: VAT Paid: IOSS ID:
GB 365 6085 76 (looks to be Ebay UK IOSS)​
That's a good spot.
I hadn't looked that closely except to check price paid was correct.
It says the same on mine.

Placed my AtA Spring Sale order today - that will be it from this sale for me:

ataspringsale23.jpg

Bookwalker currently running a site wide 30% coin back with ALL volumes from Spring shows getting 50%!
Really good for some shows, Vinland Saga has 13 volumes out and, say, Dead Mount Death Play with 8, but others not so much Oshi No Ko and My Home Hero only have 1 eligible volume each.
*Affiliate link
Anyway I got this lot:
Screenshot_20230422-211048.png
Screenshot_20230422-211104.png
Top middle is If My Favourite Pop Idol Made it to the Budoukan, I Would Die vol 1 and to the right of it is Interspecies Reviewers vol 7. Top-ish right of the next pic is Please Put Them On, Takamine-san vol 5

Back