The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Ordered from Wordery (using code BACKTOUNI to get 10% off)

Welcome to the Ballroom vol 7
Jackass! (yaoi)
Black Clover vol 8
Kuroko's Basketball (2-in-1) vols 7 & 8
World Trigger vols 16 & 17

Splurged abit on Blu-rays at the JB Hifi half price Hanabee sale.

Short Peace, Red Data Girl, Anohana (AU$9.99! each), Kawai Complex (Hanabee released the Blu-ray just after I imported the US DVDs), and Kokoro Connect. Should have waited a month as I would have got Chaika Season 2 at less than half the price I wound up paying for it (got hit by customs today :( )

Bit late putting this up but I pre-ordered the Cowboy Bebop Movie bluray (arrived in the post today) and the Fist of the North Star SD BD TV Collection.

My kickstarter of Mind Game arrived last week as well, had a quick watch and it looks lovely!

rI33IGnl.jpg

Beyond the Boundary -I'll Be Here- (Collector's Edition) [Combo Pack]
ETA: A Few Days

Found the set going for £24.49 on MVM's shop so I went for it. I enjoyed the main TV series and while I have yet to own it, this set does have a compilation film as well as its sequel movie so why not. Plus it's the Deluxe treatment so it'll match Akira at least.

I've ordered Queen's Blade Season 1, and Queen's Blade Season 2 from a used marketplace seller on Amazon UK and Amazon FR. These are being shipped from the US so will take some time to arrive, but for £15 ea the price is really good compared to what they usually sell for.

Lightly NSFW
51k5udQEDBL.jpg
51Dt2g0MLML.jpg
While they its a pretty trashy anime I found it a good laugh years ago when I watched it originally online so I'd like the chance to rewatch on BD now.

While they its a pretty trashy anime I found it a good laugh years ago when I watched it originally online so I'd like the chance to rewatch on BD now.
I think the first thing I ever saw of Queen's Blade was a really nice Risty figure (which seems to still be a reasonable price and I might end up getting anyway one of these days, she'd go nicely with Revy) then when I saw the anime designs didn't exactly live up to her appearance in that figure I lost a lot of my interest.

I think the first thing I ever saw of Queen's Blade was a really nice Risty figure (which seems to still be a reasonable price and I might end up getting anyway one of these days, she'd go nicely with Revy) then when I saw the anime designs didn't exactly live up to her appearance in that figure I lost a lot of my interest.

They are rebooting the Queen's Blade anime, and Risty has a new design now. The original anime is based off RPG books based off the licence of another RPG book.

risty_main.png

using a price tracker app spotted someone on Amazon UK selling The Twelve Kingdoms BD Part 1 for £31. Based on how much it generally demanded for it I thought this was the best chance to pick it up, and play the waiting game for Part 3. I haven't watched much of the show, but from what I've seen its a really indepth fantasy so I'm looking forward to it.

I ordered Part 2 from secondspin for $10 + shipping, which is a good cheap order to test out using second spin.

6110f6ne85L.jpg

using a price tracker app spotted someone on Amazon UK selling The Twelve Kingdoms BD Part 1 for £31. Based on how much it generally demanded for it I thought this was the best chance to pick it up, and play the waiting game for Part 3. I haven't watched much of the show, but from what I've seen its a really indepth fantasy so I'm looking forward to it.

I ordered Part 2 from secondspin for $10 + shipping, which is a good cheap order to test out using second spin.

6110f6ne85L.jpg
Good luck trying to find part 3.

I'll just content myself with my DVD premium sets. I would love it on BD but the fact that part 3 is almost impossible to find and at silly money puts me off.

Ooo, I really love The Twelve Kingdoms, it's a big favorite of mine. It is a real shame that the Part 3 Blu-ray is next to impossible to find anywhere now - it is such a good show, and I highly recommend it to anyone who has not seen it yet. I really hope you're able to eventually find a copy, Lambda. I was fortunate enough to commission a custom box by Paul Champagne for my Blu-ray set a few years ago...

12kingpaul1.jpg

12kingpaul2.jpg

I also own copies of the two DVD LE box sets, and they are the most gorgeous digipak sets I've ever seen - I had to get them just for the packaging. That artwork...

Last edited:
Good luck trying to find part 3.

I'll just content myself with my DVD premium sets. I would love it on BD but the fact that part 3 is almost impossible to find and at silly money puts me off.

Well its the 2nd anime on my "impossible to find" list. It joins Ranma 1/2 Set 4 Special Edition in my hunt.

At the price part 1 was though which is also starting to demand high prices I thought this was a good chance to get a majority of the series for cheap.

Fullmetal Alchemist Ultimate Edition - £107.99

Been debating getting ever since it's been released but always thought it was too pricy for me, with the news it's close to being OOP i wanted to get it soon. It's down to £117.99 on Zavvi and got £10 off from a code @Dave1988 pointed out so at that price i couldn't resist.
Gooood lad it's a nice set considering both parts are roughly 35 a set paying £37 for the statue. Well worth it. It is heavy and well made

Ooo, I really love The Twelve Kingdoms, it's a big favorite of mine. It is a real shame that the Part 3 Blu-ray is next to impossible to find anywhere now - it is such a good show, and I highly recommend it to anyone who has not seen it yet. I really hope you're able to eventually find a copy, Lambda. I was fortunate enough to commission a custom box by Paul Champagne for my Blu-ray set a few years ago...

12kingpaul1.jpg

12kingpaul2.jpg

I also own copies of the two DVD LE box sets, and they are the most gorgeous digipak sets I've ever seen - I had to get them just for the packaging. That artwork...

Had no idea that Paul was still doing those. I never commissioned him to do any myself but I have had a few over the years which I got second hand. I still have one for housing my Slayers OVA/Movie collection.

Back