The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

From Amazon UK:
Higurashi: When They Cry - Volume 2 (Abducted by Demons Arc Part 2)
13 Assassins - Blu-ray (Asian Cinema)
Internal Affairs Trilogy - Blu-ray (Asian Cinema)

Ordered the following from Zavvi with a 10% off voucher,
Cowboy Bebop: Collector's Edition - Part 1 (Blu-ray)
Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook (Includes Soundtrack)-PS3
Vengeance Trilogy - Zavvi Exclusive-Blu-ray
La Notte-Blu-ray*
The Place Beyond the Pines - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook - Double Play (Blu-Ray and DVD)-Blu-ray*
From Up On Poppy Hill: Collector's Edition - Double Play (Blu-Ray and DVD)-Blu-ray*

* These I ordered for my brother. He will pay me back at a later date.

kanon
maken-ki battle venus
clannad the movie and after story
gai king movie set
gundress
deadman wonderland
from up on poppy hill
naruto set 14
sterns gate part 2
blue exorcist part 1 blu-ray
lupin the 3rd fujiko mine
my otome /movie/series/zwei
tenchi muyo war on geminar part 1 and 2
oh edo rocket

ordered today

animefreak17 said:
kanon
maken-ki battle venus
gai king movie set
gundress
deadman wonderland
from up on poppy hill
naruto set 14
sterns gate part 2
oh edo rocket

ordered today

back in action? :p

bakum4tsu said:
animefreak17 said:
kanon
maken-ki battle venus
gai king movie set
gundress
deadman wonderland
from up on poppy hill
naruto set 14
sterns gate part 2
oh edo rocket

ordered today

back in action? :p
It's a monthly thing I'm doing now

Ordered from United Publications (USA):
Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Aniplex USA Limited Edition BD/DVD Volume 1
Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Aniplex USA Limited Edition BD/DVD Volume 2
Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Aniplex USA Limited Edition BD/DVD Volume 3

US version of United Publications is estimated as £30.00 cheaper overall which to me is a bonus as the UK version of United Publications would be about £210 + £6.

I noticed they reduced the currency prices a bit with a majority of their sets, for instance Madoka Magica Volume 1 would be about £63 but now its £59. Durarara!! and Bakemonogatari are currently £112 with Nisemonogatari at £96.

NormanicGrav said:

US version is estimated as £30.00 cheaper overall which to me is a bonus as the UK overall would be about £210 + £6.

Isn't the UK's complete collection of PMMM only £15-20? Or do you mean the US version through another UK site?

Preordered and bought:

Noein complete seies
Rin, Daughters of Mnemosyne complete series
Wolf Children (blu ray/dvd combo)
Yu-gi-oh Bonds between Time
Fullmetal Alchemist 2 movie combo (blu ray)
Sword Art Online set 1 (blu ray/dvd)

SnowWolf said:
NormanicGrav said:

US version is estimated as £30.00 cheaper overall which to me is a bonus as the UK overall would be about £210 + £6.

Isn't the UK's complete collection of PMMM only £15-20? Or do you mean the US version through another UK site?

I meant the UK version of UP1. They're basically the same except the US has cheaper prices at the cost of having slightly higher postage.

Regarding PMMM, the UK release is £15-20 but I wanted the OST and goodies from the AoA version (it'll fit well with my Kyubey toy from Daisuki).

Eureka Seven: Astral Ocean: Limited Edition BD/DVD ~ Part 1
Freezing: Limited Edition BD/DVD ~ Season 1
Haganai: I Don't Have Many Friends: Limited Edition BD/DVD ~ Season 1
Shiki: Limited Edition BD/DVD ~ Part 1

NOTE: High School DxD Season 1 LE is now going OOP. If you haven't bought it, get it now.

I bought Toriko Vol. 16 from Forbidden Planet.

I don't see a lot of people talk about Toriko much on here, you people should give it a read. It's fantastic!

Ordered from United Publications (UK):
Shigurui: Death Frenzy: Standard UK BD
Welcome to the Space Show: Standard UK BD/DVD

These were on offer and were rather cheap so I thought why not. I honestly can't spend any more on anime for a while since I just spent about £400 already. By the time its November I will get some more but for now I have enough to satisfy me.

So overall that's about 8 items being delivered within the next week.

Update 07/10/2013:
Shigurui and Welcome to the Space Show have been dispatched, eta tomorrow at least.
Puella Magi Madoka Magica Volumes (1-3 aka the Complete Set), Eureka Seven AO Part 1 LE and Haganai LE have been processed which means I now have the item ready to be delivered.
Freezing LE and Shiki Part 1 LE are yet to be processed most likely due to being quite old titles (I know Freezing's LE is now OOP on Rightstuf just recently (alongside Rideback) and Shiki should still be around as Part 1 was never released in standard form). I was expecting these to be released next week anyway (it takes 7-10 days at least anyway).

Update 08/10/2013:
Looks like the one day delay is still in effect for UP1 as both UK Blu-ray titles have yet to arrive.
Puella Magi Madoka Magica Volumes have been dispatched so judging by my first batch these should arrive by thursday.
Eureka Seven AO and Haganai are now 'Order Placed' so it looks like these will arrive next week with Freezing and Shiki.

Update 09/10/2013:
Shigurui and Welcome to the Space Show have arrived. Surprisingly the Shigurui release is not the standard box but a special packaging similar to Funimation's older BD packages (like Full Metal Panic!).
And also the Madoka volumes arrived from UP1USA. Looks like the USA site will still provide day 1 delivery.

Update 15/10/2013:
It's been a while and I'm getting worried. I hope that there is still stock left for Freezing and Shiki as they have yet to update (I know Freezing was OOP but that was quite recently). The four titles were also flickering from Being Processed then back to Order Placed (which is rather hurtful considering it made me think I've got the item ready).

Hour later, I have asked UP1USA to switch the items to ASAP therefore allowing every item to get dispatched immediately. Turns out, Eureka Seven AO LE Part 1 and Haganai Season 1 LE are getting dispatched already. The other two are still on order but I guess since older stock = longer to arrive they should take a week.

Update 17/10/2013:
Eureka Seven AO and Haganai arrived today. Freezing LE has been removed from UP1 listings so for me it's either; I managed to get the last one available or they're sold out and I can't get it.

Update 21/10/2013:
Shiki Part 1 is now shown as 'Being Processed'. Still hoping Freezing will be the same.

Update 22/10/2013:
I contacted UP1 about the series. It turns out they couldn't get any so it was shame but I thanked them for receiving Shiki (one of the oldest LEs around from Funimation). After someone gave a link to another site I ordered from them instead. I'll get hit by customs but in comparison to eBay it'll be worth it. It'll take at least 22 days (around 13th November) to arrive.

Back