The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

ilmaestro said:
fabricatedlunatic said:
Tempted to order some future releases, but I don't like how Axel charge your card upon placing an order. Boo.
Is this a new thing? I feel like it must be.

Also, I am far more tempted by your new avatar. ^^;

Been like like for some time (certainly pre-Planetaxel). I think they made the change because of too many people's cards rejecting.

Wow, really? Somehow I managed to miss that, although I don't order from them so often so maybe I just didn't make many preorders. I'm surprised they get such good press from everyone, then, charging on order for preorders is p.much the pits as far as I'm concerned.

I always order using Paypal and get charged up front regardless, so I never knew. Paying up front is convenient for me, rooted in when I had no money and I could play the exchange rates a little to pretend I was saving cash.

That's a satisfying mountain of books...

R

Rui said:
That's a satisfying mountain of books...
I hope my postman sees it so positively. ^^;

Went with slow shipping, as I actually already needed a new bookcase, so this gives me a couple of weeks to get that sorted!

mangaman74 said:
ilmaestro said:
fabricatedlunatic said:
Tempted to order some future releases, but I don't like how Axel charge your card upon placing an order. Boo.
Is this a new thing? I feel like it must be.

Also, I am far more tempted by your new avatar. ^^;
Been like like for some time (certainly pre-Planetaxel). I think they made the change because of too many people's cards rejecting.
Yup, it's been that way since I started using them 3 1/2 years ago. On the plus side cancelling and getting a refund is hassle-free, though if your credit card company charges a commission fee for foreign transactions, like mine does, you're getting hit twice. Hence, I prefer to avoid that.

And I thought you'd appreciate Rea. You'd probably have appreciated her even more if I'd cropped the image a little lower.

Ordered from PlanetAxel:

Ranma 1 / 2 - Season Two
School Rumble - Complete First Season And OVA

If luck pays me out on eBay over the night, I could very well buy something else maybe (If there's anything left, by the time I get there)

I received a minor windfall which I had not been expecting at all, so in my responsible way I immediately bought a load of stuff from Australia:

Usagi Drop
Earthworm Jim (not anime, but cool enough to mention I feel)
Dennou Coil pt2
Welcome to Irabu's Office
Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni Kai pt1
The Samurai complete collection (3200 minutes...)

Good times ahead. Also sent Axel a prod about the last few R1 items from June/July I need to get ordered. Hopefully they'll reply and mangaman won't have to use his special persuasion tactics on my behalf :D

R

Cancelled K-on Season 2 Part 1 Blu-ray @ Planetaxel

Preordered
Clannad Afterstory Blu-ray (part paid with above credit)

Don't know what you were after Rui but I have asked them to add a few anime releases to their site (including the above blu-ray). Hope there is something that you were after added.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Yup, it's been that way since I started using them 3 1/2 years ago. On the plus side cancelling and getting a refund is hassle-free, though if your credit card company charges a commission fee for foreign transactions, like mine does, you're getting hit twice. Hence, I prefer to avoid that.
I literally can not believe that I didn't know this. Thinking back, maybe this is part of why I have not used them so much.

And I thought you'd appreciate Rea. You'd probably have appreciated her even more if I'd cropped the image a little lower.
Come now, Sir, surely we are all classy gentlemen up here in this respected establishment. >_>

Rui said:
Sure... in 1994. :p

Well hot damn, I keep on forgetting how much stuff is out in Aussie-land. These are all DevotedDVD purchases again, are they?

:lol:

ilmaestro said:
Well hot damn, I keep on forgetting how much stuff is out in Aussie-land. These are all DevotedDVD purchases again, are they?

Yep, finally I'm all caught up with the existing stuff I need from that part of the world!

R

Rui said:
I received a minor windfall which I had not been expecting at all, so in my responsible way I immediately bought a load of stuff from Australia:

Usagi Drop
Dennou Coil pt2
Welcome to Irabu's Office

R
Amazing,i loved the Earthworm Jim cartoon,one of the funniest cartoons ever,and also fantastic video games,great memories from my youth. :D

I spent ALLLLL THE MONEY and bought:
Gundam 00 movie (Blu-Ray)
Clannad(Blu-Ray)
Baka & Test (Limited Edition) (Blu-Ray/DVD)
B Gata H Kei (Limited Edition) (Blu-Ray/DVD)
FMA Brotherhood Collection 1 (Blu-Ray)
FMA Brotherhood OVA (Blu-Ray)

I couldn't pass up free shipping from Planet Axel. Now I just need to wait for them to find stock. >.>

Really not happy about having to buy DVDs with my BDs though. :(

..How did i not know about PlanetAxel before? Region free BD's? Holy moly. On it like sonic.

What's there import fee like? Is it common, etc?

No chance of getting slapped with import tax, they ship to somewhere in the europe first, then to the UK. The price you see is the price it costs. So sometimes an item maybe a tad more expensive but at least you havent got to be worried about getting slapped with any additional expense.
Most of my orders turn up in just about a week.

Please be aware not all blu-rays are region free but the website does tell you which ones are, and arent.

Dannielle said:
..How did i not know about PlanetAxel before? Region free BD's? Holy moly. On it like sonic.

What's there import fee like? Is it common, etc?

As someone said before, there are no import fees from them. Delivery is within a few days of despatch. With their free shipping that they have going on at the moment, then there is some serious spending to be done. :p

And yes, the BDs are not necessarily region free, but their staff check a set and then post online with whether they are good for UK players or not (by region free, they mean A&B, not necessarily C).

Oh, and incase you were wondering, thye found stock for those which they didn't have immediately about a week after me placing the order, so they were all sent yesterday. Also, they send each item individually, when it is ready. Thus, I already have FMA.

Ah, thank you so much :) I've been punched in the face with import fees before and it put me off [for example, i really want Ranma 1/2 Seasons 6 & 7 but I'm pretty paranoid about ordering them from the US after my experience] so this is great news! Once again, thanks all! :)

PlanetAxel is an awesome website if you're wary of customs and import fees, like me!

In fact, I bought today:
Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom DVD/BD combo
Black Butler Season 1 DVD/BD combo
Black Butler Season 2 DVD/BD combo

Not anime, but just as great:
Dinosaurs Seasons 1&2 and 3&4

Worked out a bargain when you include the voucher from the AxelRewards scheme.

Kino's Journey - Complete Collection from PlanetAxel

Was going to buy from DeepDiscount but then with the shipping on top, it works out cheaper to go with Axel thanks to free shipping.

Fullmetal Alchemist:Brotherhood OVA Collection
Fullmetal Alchemist Premium OVA Collection
Fullmetal Alchemist:Brotherhood Movie:Sacred Star Of Milos
Gin Tama:The Motion Picture(pre-order)
Unico:Fantastic Adventures(pre-order)
Unico:Island Of Magic(pre-order)

Back