The All Purpose Mobile Suit Gundam Thread

Reaper gI said:
DYRL is just a summary movie of the first season of Macross, that cut tons out. There's one for every Gundam OVA and the first season.

Have you even seen it? I've never yet heard anyone say a word against DYRL, fan of the original SDF show or otherwise. DYRL is special.

Also this:

ilmaestro said:
Reaper gI said:
It apperars to be regarded as good only by people who haven't seen the original Macross
lol

Do you remember love? is more then a complimation movie, there was quite a few changes (like changing one of the characters age to make her a more direct competitor in the love triangle and a good deal of the ending) not to mention the imrpoved art style. The only bad thing about DYRL and I guess the series in general is how open they left the fate of the characters (aside from those who obviously appear in Macross 7) I know there was a short music video set a few years later but after that not much is said.

EDIT:

Just looked at that anime news article about the new gundam show, let the speculation begin!

Would it be too much to pray for a sequel to G Gundam?

Trailer for Gundam AGE

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/ ... side-japan

While I'm less than enamoured with the character designs, I do remember 10 years ago looking at pictures of Turn A and G and thinking they didn't look very good and they both turned to be amazing series so I'll hold judgement until until I'm halfway through the series. Still new Gundam is always good and the Franchise still needs to continue to generate new fans so Bandai can still sell Gunpla in 30 years!

Probably a fair comment re: Turn A. If they play about with the "three eras" aspect of the storyline it could be better than I'm expecting, but I'm still not hopeful for anything too complex.

I was intrigued to read that Level 5 were originally only approached to make a new Gundam-branded game, and Hino accidentally managed to convince them to let him make an anime (which they weren't originally planning) by saying he'd love to be involved in a Gundam project from the get-go rather than just making the game based on it.

Bandai have just announced at anime expo that Gundam 0079(anime legends)part 1 is released on sept 13th and they say that Turn A Gundam is getting a fall release. :D

Doraemon666 said:
Bandai have just announced at anime expo that Gundam 0079(anime legends)part 1 is released on sept 13th and they say that Turn A Gundam is getting a fall release. :D

More things for me to put on my import list then...

Though if Beez announced some sort of limited special edition Turn A Boxset over here I may get that instead since I love Turn A.

Doraemon666 said:

Hey Doreamon, just to confirm, this is will be a US release of the original Gundam TV series, unedited/condensed?

Is a UK version likely to follow?

Cheers

K

Kaede said:
Doraemon666 said:

Hey Doreamon, just to confirm, this is will be a US release of the original Gundam TV series, unedited/condensed?

Cheers

K
Yeah this is a U.S. release of the original Gundam and is indeed unedited and will now include japanese language with english subs,no idea on a U.K. release but i,m sure Beez will do there best to try and release it over hear they would be fools not to.

It's unedited aside from the one missing episode, which they aren't allowed to release (it wasn't in the previous dub-only version either).

Of course I'll be preordering :D

R

Kaede said:
Doraemon666 said:

Cheers

K
Except that 1 ep (Cucuruz Doan`s Island) Tomino refuses to allow to be released, yes.
The problem before was being dub only, not edits.

Was the cut to do with fan conspiracy theory that Doan's mobile suit isn't a Zaku (due to it being off model)?

Doraemon666 said:
This is the kind of news I am very happy to catch up with! Two months is still pretty long, but given how long we've already waited...

Doraemon666 said:
Kaede said:
Doraemon666 said:

Cheers

K
Yeah this is a U.S. release of the original Gundam and is indeed unedited and will now include japanese language with english subs,no idea on a U.K. release but i,m sure Beez will do there best to try and release it over hear they would be fools not to.

Doreamon, just seen this as back from hols. That's great news, if it doesn't get a UK release I'll be importing this and buying a region free player.

Thanks for the news!

Yo yo yo!

So, I FINALLY got a copy of Gundam Unicorn on DVD. Yes. DVD. For those who didn't know, you CAN get Unicorn on DVD, containing the first two episodes.

This is the way to buy the show, I'd say. The prices for Blu Rays containing a single episode are a joke.

Anyway - I ALSO got myself the first box set of the original series. yes. I went Gundam mad for all of five minutes, and my credit card was to hand.

Interesting point, as some f you will no doubt have seen, is that there's a trailer for Turn A Gundam on the disc!

And guess what? I watched it excitedly... and noticed some HORRIBLE pixellation on the trailer footage.

Reasoning that I must have had my DVD player set up wrong, I went and checked that it was set for the correct playback mode. And the pixellation remained. I tried every tekkernikkul trick I know, and... nope. Still blocky.

TRULY hoping we get a better looking transfer of the show when it eventually appears.

Now, anyone know when the second volume of the original series is out?

A bump for this thread, as it seems since I last visted there's been an anime apocolypse of some kind. Bandai US and Beez Entertainment are no more?

Does this mean the second part of Anime Legends Gundam0079 won't be released? :(

0079 is fine, it's still coming out. Turn A was the only one actively cancelled but it hadn't started coming out. Bandai are winding down somewhat gracefully rather than cutting any series off abruptly, thankfully.

You missed an awful lot of news!

R

Rui, thanks again. You're always on the ball here! Seems I haven't visited since the start of November.

That's great news, would be gutted if I couldn't get the second part after waiting so long for it to come out.

Back