The 12 Days of Christmas 2019 Sale for Anime Limited and MVM Entertainment

Still a shame Barakamon never got a 2nd season. (Though the anime ended fairly satisfyingly from what I can remember.)

I'll have to check out the manga at some point.

Just a mention I would buy Pigtails and Angelic Layer together off someone for £30 + £5 shipping if anyones selling

Would offer more but the box was only £45

My Mystery Blu-ray bundle 1 has shipped from MVM, not sure how long Royal Mail will take with Xmas upon us. However I'll post the contents when it arrives if no one else has.

Oh, well, 4 out of 5 are titles I haven't watched (or in case of the first of the list not watched further than a preview episode on some Magazine DVD extra, which has left a fairly horrible impression at the time). 1 I already have from Sentai (I think?), 1 I've never even heard of and 2 I wouldn't have ever really planned to get.

The one I watched has been slated for a rewatch since forever though. Have the German edition, now onto deciding which one of those to keep. Is the dub good? (Of the middle child of the list I mean.)

SEL Is an interesting title i have been meaning to check out at least once, mostly cause it's unique cult status among the community and Bakuon Battle Girl High School and Super Sonico I pretty much predicted would be in it, if not in this one it will be in the other as these are rather low sellers but it does not mean they are bad, Super Sonico is the only of these i arleady seen and for this i can at least say it has its fun moments, not great but good enough. As for Kampfer it's seems decent enough il wait and see.

Well I think i got more of my money's worth in this one than the Anime Limited, it is certainly not as predictable at least. I wonder what the DVD Mystery box and what the 2nd version will have as i did not get those. I think i might stick with just MVM for next year.

Really glad I passed on the MVM mystery boxes, have 3 of those 5 already, and not too keen on the 2 I don't.

That said, Serial Experiments Lain is the first anime I ever actually watched, and in the 10 or so years since I've yet to see anything quite like it, absolutely brilliant IMO.
And now I feel old, thanks for that. :mad:

As for the AL blue mystery boxes, have others outside of the uk received theirs yet?
The red box arrived on Friday for me, but no sign of the blue one yet.

Really glad I passed on the MVM mystery boxes, have 3 of those 5 already, and not too keen on the 2 I don't.

That said, Serial Experiments Lain is the first anime I ever actually watched, and in the 10 or so years since I've yet to see anything quite like it, absolutely brilliant IMO.

As for the AL blue mystery boxes, have others outside of the uk received theirs yet?
Red box arrived on Saturday for me via UPS, blue box arrived today via national post. Fyi I am only in Ireland so it may take longer to arrive.

My copy of Tokyo Ghoul:RE also finally arrived.

Last edited:

I am an international buyer i ordered the red box and got it by last friday but i cant say for the blue one, i heard from others they got the red box but not the blue ones either outside of the uk, i guess the red one got shipped first and the blue will follow a bit later.

Back