Calamity of a Zombie Girl
SAO Ordinal Scale
Sword of the stranger
Twin Star Exorcists pt3&4
A silent voice
Penguin highway
And 2 framed prints

Questioning the sense of the prints now that I look at how much I've bought 😬

Are their any rules in place that can be used to narrow down what is in the MVM boxes like there was with Anime Limited mystery boxes?
This is from the MVM page:

Our mystery bundles will consist of 1 DVD bundle and 1 BD bundle for both mystery days. Bundles will include 5 titles in each, and will contain different titles in each bundle for both days. Titles included in the bundles will not have been included in the daily deals, and will be different from both last years bundle and our earlier summer bundle. There will be no half-sets in any bundle and will be a mixture of complete collections and season 1's.

Nope.
So no Wolf's Rain SE dispite numerous titles having all their various editions in the sale, here's to next year.
The one @Just Passing Through posted this morning has gone. I thought ALs sale would have been cheaper and with Free Post.

I'm anoid too. I had my eye on Your Name standard which was £7.99 yesterday at Amazon, stuck it in my basket, and waited for today's deal. Wasn't on it, went over to click buy, and the price had shot up again.

This is from the MVM page:

Our mystery bundles will consist of 1 DVD bundle and 1 BD bundle for both mystery days. Bundles will include 5 titles in each, and will contain different titles in each bundle for both days. Titles included in the bundles will not have been included in the daily deals, and will be different from both last years bundle and our earlier summer bundle. There will be no half-sets in any bundle and will be a mixture of complete collections and season 1's.

Ah, alright. So I can dismiss anything that's split into parts there rather than seasons and can knock off what's been in the past 2 boxes (summer and winter) and those present in the deals so far. Thanks for that, it's going to help a lot in narrowing it down.

I seem to be one of the few people in a good position for the boxes tomorrow. I only own 3 of the titles (and technically I don’t have the steel book Your Name so I’d be glad to add that to the collection) and most of the titles interest me

I'm seeing 3 things in the possible mystery box list I want so I don't think it's worth it for me so I got the last round of funi titles I wanted
complete December order including non-sale items (i have never bought this much stuff in one month)

Fulfilled
Tokyo Ghoul (live-action)
Blood Lad - Blu-ray Collector's Edition
Unfulfilled
Tokyo Ghoul: re Part 1 - Blu-ray Collector's Edition
Barakamon
Snow White with the Red Hair: Season 1 & 2 Blu-ray Collection
Hyouka: Part 2 - Blu-ray Collector's Edition
Eureka Seven: Hi-Evolution 1 - Blu-ray/DVD Collector's Edition
Aoharu x Machinegun
Mobile Suit Gundam 00: Part 2 - Blu-ray Collector's Edition
Harmony
Empire of Corpses
Yurikuma Arashi
Yona of the Dawn: Part 2
Yona of the Dawn: Part 1

I'm not all that bad off, either with those green marked candidates.
There are 4 same-edition duplicates candidates, two point five of which I at least know are good to really good titles.
2 I'd wanted, but weren't in a hurry to get, 2 upgrades to the US edition, 1 I previously owned on DVD, but parted with no hurry to replace it (but still think it's a good title) and one that I probably would never put into a cart otherwise.

There's actually just one, which I'd want to avoid (because it's apparantely no good, and I somehow already have it twice...). Or perhaps two, because I already have that other one somehow counts 7 times across 3 versions? (4 were from other boxes, lol.)

56.50 for me with shipping, then.

I don't know, when there's so much potential stuff I don't have, it becomes exciting to blind buy...

Thanks!
Grav’s already narrowed down his guess on the 12 days thread, he’s usually right about a lot of what’s in those boxes but not everything in them. There are like 3 in the guess that I have, but I would say they may just be worth having if you don’t already

Grav’s already narrowed down his guess on the 12 days thread, he’s usually right about a lot of what’s in those boxes but not everything in them. There are like 3 in the guess that I have, but I would say they may just be worth having if you don’t already

Yeah, his list is what I'm basing my posts on! There's just the matter of choosing the right box... Jackpot for me would be getting Kiznaiver, Sound Euphonyum and Angelic Layer, with pigtails being an interesting extra. But there being two boxes, there's no way that stuff is getting into the same one.

Yeah, that's the risk that has to be taken. The more you want, the higher chance you have of getting some of it, but if you want 1 title then you'll probably better off buying it normally, just because you won't know what box it is in here.

I'm in a unique position where I don't own much of it and I use the mystery boxes as a chance to try out new series I would otherwise never have seen. So far I have gotten more greats than duds (although I have not had as much luck with MVM) and some of my now favorite shows like Bacanno and Erased came from them as well.

Based on ther current predictions I would only get three duplicates so it's a good deal for me again.

How does the Higurashi blurays look as compared to the Aus DVD's?

£45 is closer to the £40 I would like to spend re-buying so its tempting (but would prefer the boxset ver.)

Back