The 12 Days of Christmas 2019 Sale for Anime Limited and MVM Entertainment

How do you know there's only so many left of Kiznaiver? I know it's limited stock left but was the specific number put somewhere?
If you order a certain amount on their webstore the system might say "oh this particular item only has -this- amount of stock left" which is how some folks are able to guess how much stock there is left for the anime sets. It's quite handy for out of print titles like the Funimation clearance sale (which is basically buy it now or miss the chance forever).

Kiznaiver is a weird case because the shop exclusive variation (which is basically the collector's edition and a hardcover artbook to go alongside it) I believe is 500 units of the 1000 units so it might stick around but it's never really clear.

If you order a certain amount on their webstore the system might say "oh this particular item only has -this- amount of stock left" which is how some folks are able to guess how much stock there is left for the anime sets. It's quite handy for out of print titles like the Funimation clearance sale (which is basically buy it now or miss the chance forever).

Kiznaiver is a weird case because the shop exclusive variation (which is basically the collector's edition and a hardcover artbook to go alongside it) I believe is 500 units of the 1000 units so it might stick around but it's never really clear.

Ah, thanks. I was wondering how people were doing that.

I guess that's like the ReZero or SWO:GG stuff in recent memory. Their part 2s only had the box, and the moment that was gone the normal versions showed up without it.

I guess that's like the ReZero or SWO:GG stuff in recent memory. Their part 2s only had the box, and the moment that was gone the normal versions showed up without it.
Exactly. The same is with Napping Princess which came with a shop exclusive item.

Either way, I am curious to see what items are on offer for Day 11. Heck, last year there was a bonus Day 13.

Seeing as we're at the midpoint of the sales here's a roundup of what I've ordered I guess
From Anime Limited
  • Sword Art Online II parts 2-4
  • Sword Art Online: Ordinal Scale
  • Rage of Bahamut: Genesis
  • Noein -to your other self-
  • Gankutsuou
  • Baccano
  • Escaflowne CE
  • Martian Successor Nadesico
  • Patema Inverted
  • Mobile Suit Gundam
  • Night is Short, Walk on Girl
From Rightstuf
  • School Live! CE
From my visit to town
  • Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood OVAs
  • Sword Art Online II part 1 with box
My poor wallet

This MVM sale.... what's the opposite of a banger?

2018 sale - Devil Survivor 2 £4.99
2019 sale - Devil Survivor 2 £14.99

🤔

Overall it feels like neither offerings have been as good as last year. Which honestly, I'm glad for. Last year I spent like £800+ between the two sales. I then sorted everything into DVD and Blu-ray and ordered them by shortest runtime to longest, I've not even made it out of the DVD's yet. I am an idiot.

(this isn't meant to be a brag either. It's the first time I've added it all up and it's kinda scary)

In terms of MVM's sale (Day 3), nothing for me today.

I already have the complete Higurashi CE (which is not on sale), I won't be bothering with DVDs so Vampire Princess Miyu, Flowers of Evil (which I'll consider importing the US Blu-ray) and Requiem of the Darkness are out of it, and Asura Cryin', Devil Survivor 2, Devils and Realist and Vatican Miracle Examiner are try-before-you-buys.

I check up on the mvm and whaddya see !?

3fb0eea733fe3d1586859e5901c2e6b3.gif

That's right, Evil!
Not a lot tempting for me today though. I'm thinking they could have done more with this theme

About the ongoing AL Funimation sale...

Does it seem odd to anyone else that there's no DVD option for Hyouka? I would've ordered that. I take it both parts are just OOP, then.

About the ongoing AL Funimation sale...

Does it seem odd to anyone else that there's no DVD option for Hyouka? I would've ordered that. I take it both parts are just OOP, then.
Hyouka on DVD would be such a waste of great visuals though at any rate.

I still own a lot of shows on DVD and am often reluctant to fork out for HD upgrades of what i already have, but I do mostly buy BD these days, apart from some older shows that either aren't on BD or are but only in Japan or really expensive for some other reason. So like, to take an example, I bought School Rumble, My Bride is a Mermaid, Chrono Crusade (ADV release - I got it off CEX), Pani Poni Dash, the 90s Moomin anime, You're Under Arrest! The Movie and Welcome to the NHK in the last few weeks (also they were all super-bargain priced I only paid like £4 a complete series for some of them), but everything else I've bought recently was on BD. I was born in '89 too 😂

I still own a lot of shows on DVD and am often reluctant to fork out for HD upgrades of what i already have, but I do mostly buy BD these days, apart from some older shows that either aren't on BD or are but only in Japan or really expensive for some other reason. So like, to take an example, I bought School Rumble, My Bride is a Mermaid, Chrono Crusade (ADV release - I got it off CEX), Pani Poni Dash, the 90s Moomin anime, You're Under Arrest! The Movie and Welcome to the NHK in the last few weeks (also they were all super-bargain priced I only paid like £4 a complete series for some of them), but everything else I've bought recently was on BD. I was born in '89 too 😂
From what I remember I have haibane renmei, shikibane hime and burst angel on DVD but only because those are the only ones available in the region, they do have S.A.V.E blurays but those are all US region.

If you already have a few on DVD though there's no rush to upgrade, some of the older ones do benefit more from it though, newer ones not so much the DVDs are pretty good quality, shikibane hime is a standout for that

Back