The 12 Days of Christmas 2019 Sale for Anime Limited and MVM Entertainment

i wonder if AL is trying to clear our Kill La Kill separate volume stock, i know the US got a complete series set this year and AUS is getting it at the begining of next year

For that person who wanted March Comes In Like A Lion, it seems your wish has been answered. Both appear to be up there.

That person has seen and answered the call. :) Now I just have to keep an eye out to see if Pigtails is included in any of these offers so I'll be all caught up with my AL wish list.

--

The MVM offers are mostly shows we've previously seen at the same price, but some of those titles are evergreen, so if you haven't already picked up the likes of The Eccentric Family, Girls Last Tour, Princess Principal or Flip Flappers, now would be a great time.

Last edited:
I know it’s always buyer beware but March being half the price it was in a weekly offer 4 months ago is really annoying
I have kind of started trying shifting my mindset into "Is this worth the EB/whatever other price" and just look at it isolated from each other or think of "Consider it an investment". The later being the chief reason (among others) I got March 3 times on EB. Because I really thought it was an A-class title, worth supporting and to help a bit to signal interest in S2.

Granted, only really works for titles I care about and works better if it comes directly from whomever I like to support. And I'm also not quite there yet, as it does still feel a bit itchy. At least the sting doesn't feel so nasty anymore.

(Perhaps I may just be marked by the Occultic:Nice p2 AoA being OOP ordeal. Better secure the thing, before it vanishes from the face of earth. >_>")

i wonder if AL is trying to clear our Kill La Kill separate volume stock, i know the US got a complete series set this year and AUS is getting it at the begining of next year
They haven’t put the CE for them up this year. They know not to lest they have a shelf repair bill

Last edited:
Nothing for me from AL's sales (Day 9) today.

I already own Your Lie in April, Durarara, Erased, March Comes in Like a Lion and the Aniplex Standard BDs of Kill la Kill, I'm in no rush for Expelled from Paradise, I'm considering importing the Aniplex sets for Durarara x2 (all 3 arcs) due to missing OVAs and, thanks to Siren Visual, the bad encoding on the audio in the second and third arcs, and Plastic Memories is a try-before-you-buy (I was heavily debating whether I should blind buy it myself before coming to that conclusion).

I already own all of today's Aniplex releases on sale, but from Aniplex of America - except for Kill la Kill and March, neither of which I am interested in at all. I do also have AL's YLiA CE set in both the faulty box and the replacement box. So, another wallet-saving day for me.

I may get YliA P2, part of me wishes I’d have held off on March-a great price for a great series. I did very much enjoy my recent rewatch of the Blu Rays though.
Well that’s not happening then unless it comes back in stock.

Oh man, I like Plastic Memories quite a bit and the art for the releases is gorgeous, but that's a lot of money.
Might pick it up with MVM's new years sale.

Wait, what’s this?

The chipboard box for the original CE shipments with Part 1 inside were made too small, so the parts were pretty much impossible to remove without damage. AL made a Part 1 replacement CE set with a larger box. So, everyone who got the replacement set has an extra copy of Part 1.

Time to tally up the damage

No-Rin
Shomin Sample
Perfect Blue
Gankutsuou
Eurika Seven UE
Terror in Resonance UE
Sword of the Stranger
Movie bundle of various movies
Eden of the East
Barakamon
Samurai Flamenco (the whole thing)
Full Metal Panic (the whole thing)
DurararaX2 (the whole thing)

Nod in for March comes in like a Lion, top show.

Grimgar BD, Hyouka Part 2, Ass Class both Part 2's, Harmony BD, Eureka Seven UE & the Eureka Seven movie (Heard it's trash but at a fiver It's worth a punt) for me so far.

Hoping for Genius Party & Pigtails.

Time to tally up the damage

No-Rin
Shomin Sample
Perfect Blue
Gankutsuou
Eurika Seven UE
Terror in Resonance UE
Sword of the Stranger
Movie bundle of various movies
Eden of the East
Barakamon
Samurai Flamenco (the whole thing)
Full Metal Panic (the whole thing)
DurararaX2 (the whole thing)

Apart from the first two which I don't know, that's an amazing haul.

I got:
Hyouka
Prison School
The Night is Long Walk On Girl
Terror in Resonance UE
March Comes In Like a Lion

Come next payday, I'll be returning to the Funimation stuff to get a few more, namely:

Assassination Classroom
Barakamon
Eden of the East
Lucky Star
Rage of Bahamut
Yurikuma Arashi

Either all or a few, depending on what's sold out by then.

Do we have any official word on the status of March S2 from AL?

For the MVM offerings, what are the newer collector's editions, such as Girls' Last Tour, actually like?
I'm only familiar with the older ones that came in dvd cases in a thick outer carboard box, I haven't been able to find any pictures of the new sets unboxed or anything.

And how much are the ones at £40 in today's sale usually go for, I'm guessing £60?
I know it's not the £80 RRP given.

Prices on amazon seem only a little more than most of these, and you can buy that Sword Ortaria set from MVM via amazon for £30, £10 cheaper than the sale price here...

For the MVM offerings, what are the newer collector's editions, such as Girls' Last Tour, actually like?
I'm only familiar with the older ones that came in dvd cases in a thick outer carboard box, I haven't been able to find any pictures of the new sets unboxed or anything.

And how much are the ones at £40 in today's sale usually go for, I'm guessing £60?
I know it's not the £80 RRP given.

Prices on amazon seem only a little more than most of these, and you can buy that Sword Ortaria set from MVM via amazon for £30, £10 cheaper than the sale price here...
The newer ones are very good. Girls Last Tour and Princess Principle in particular are very good shows and very nice collectors sets.

It wasnt in today's sale but Made in Abyss is another of their very good Collectors sets.

GLT set15759259422777216964255643102545.jpg
Edit: And Princess Principal has even more in it
15759262872632381567005899770931.jpg

Last edited:
Back