Ten Years Ago…What Were You Watching in 2011?

zrdb

School Idol
I was happily watching Oh My Goddess, El Hazard-The Magnificent World, Chobits, Karin, Kami-Chu, The Story Of Saiunkoku, This Ugly Yet Beautiful World, Aria, Fushigi Yugi, Mnemosyne, The Slayers (Lina Inverse and all), Stellvia Of The Universe, Gall Force, Maho Shoujo Tai Arusu (Tweeny Witches-dumb name), Gun Buster and Diebuster, Godannar, Planetes, Geneshaft, Wedding Peach, Saber Marionette, Key-The Metal Idol, Serial Experiments Lain, Arjuna, True Tears, Save Me Lollipop, Infinite Ryvius, Magical Meow Meow Taruto, Angel Links, Mars Day Break, Brigadoon, Human Crossing, Ranma 1/2, Y's Legacy, Tattoon Master, Coyote Ragtime Show and tons more. And yes-I have that crapamation release of Noein with the sparkly case and the originial Manga dvd release. Everything I've listed here I currently own. BTW-I don't do spreadsheets, it's all in my head.

RadFemHedonist

School Idol
I love Karin I've just been rewatching it recently! :) I liked Kamichu though I preferred Read or Die (same director) and Key the Metal Idol is an underrated classic IMO up there with Lain and Boogiepop. Impressed you can remember so much :)

MD_Prometh

Completely Average High School Student
Prior to 2011, my main experiences with anime were through odd episode of Pokemon, One Piece, Sonic X and Hoshi no Kirby, either on TV or YT, as a few Ghibli films, and iconic films such as The Animatrix, Akira, Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie, Fist of the North Star: The Movie, Ghost in the Shell, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and Summer Wars. I also played a ton of JRPGs and Japanese games, so I was aware of certain anime through YTbers I watched.

In late 2011, I decided to explore anime a little bit further than I had done before. After learning how to use DDL links and torrents, I completed my first anime TV series, Cowboy Bebop. After really enjoying it, I looked into recommendations guides to see if there were any other shows that looked appealing to me. Surely enough, there were, and in the span of two months, I had watched a fair amount of films, series and OVAs of different eras and genres. Some highlights include Outlaw Star, Angel Beats, Kino's Journey, Usagi Drop, FLCL, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Cat Soup, Angel's Egg, Riding Bean, Baoh, The Place Promised in Our Early Days, Robot Carnival, Steamboy, Arion, Crusher Joe, Memories, Perfect Blue, Paprika, Tokyo Godfathers, Wings of Honneamise, Windaria, Castle of Cagliostro, Night on the Galactic Railroad, Interstella 5555, Tekkonkinkreet, Sword of the Stranger, Colorful: The Motion Picture, and Redline.

Since then, I've grown a pretty sizeable physical media collection, with the main companies I support being AL and Discotek Media.

zrdb

School Idol
My physical collection collection got so big I ran out of storage space so now all I collect is purely digitial. Harddrives take up way less space,