Suggesting titles to publishers?

Well, Tower Of God has a physical book coming now in Guess. That got quietly announced. Guess I can start suggesting the other webtoon stuff I read for them. There's some good ones out there.

Would be nice to see some more Webtoons printed, personally I'd like to see some romance ones :D
Yen press do have this one coming out early next year:

I confess I’m not a webtoon fan so I don’t follow that side of the market, but I’d remembered seeing the cover for this one and it’s quite striking. :)

Does anyone know which publisher would be most likely to license Bitter Virgin if anyone did? I'd really love to own a physical English release of that as it was IMO an absolutely excellent series?

Would be nice to see some more Webtoons printed, personally I'd like to see some romance ones :D
Same. There's a few I'd like to see, such as See You In My 19th Life and I Love Yoo. Both are pretty good series I find.
Additionally I'd like to see Death is the only ending for the villainess is a good series if you ever read it. The art is brilliant with that.

It would be nice if that was more of an option, although keep in mind that Seven Seas have done this before since they used to publish print editions of some of J-Novel Club's LNs (before they moved into print themselves and still publish the initial titles they picked up) and that didn't lead to a huge amount of these kinds of deals happening. Tokyo Revengers is the first since then I think.

I'm also curious, can a different publisher print a series if it is currently printed in a different language by another publisher? For example, I love a lot of Tokyopop titles that they have published in German/French but don't seem to want to bring into English for some reason. Publishers are REALLY active at printing German/French titles that I sometimes feel English is neglected in comparison... Can I suggest them elsewhere?

Edit: I think so, because actually I was looking at German Tokyopop releases and they have one that is printed in English by Shojo Beat (An Incurable Case of Love) but would like to hear any confirmation if possible.

Their shojo selection at https://www.instagram.com/tokyopop_iloveshojo/ is sooo good, and other publishers in those languages have titles like Coffee & Vanilla or Honey x Honey Drops which I really want.

Last edited:
I'm also curious, can a different publisher print a series if it is currently printed in a different language by another publisher? For example, I love a lot of Tokyopop titles that they have published in German/French but don't seem to want to bring into English for some reason. Publishers are REALLY active at printing German/French titles that I sometimes feel English is neglected in comparison... Can I suggest them elsewhere?

I think so because most if not all the English publishers don’t have branches that cover the other regions like French and so forth, I think as far as licenses go it’s all completely separate market to market. The most important thing is always which English publishers have relations with which Japanese publishers, since that’s usually what defines what they have any access to license. :)

I think so because most if not all the English publishers don’t have branches that cover the other regions like French and so forth, I think as far as licenses go it’s all completely separate market to market. The most important thing is always which English publishers have relations with which Japanese publishers, since that’s usually what defines what they have any access to license. :)
Thank you, that's great! That opens up a few of the titles I really want. There are also the ones that are being held in digital-only by other English companies that I don't know if they might see print like the Kodansha issue, except unfortunately these companies are strictly digital-only so there's not even a glimmer of hope unless another company gets rights to print them (looking at you, Renta...)

Seven Seas January survey:
January 2022 - Seven Seas Entertainment Survey

Went for Budoukan and Killing Bites again.
I've submitted mine! Interesting that they let you suggest a webtoon aswell now. I did pre-order Killing Stalking (never read it but always been curious due to it's controversy) but all the webtoons I read are pretty obscure ones. I'm guessing not much chance of a webtoon being published unless it's popular when webtoons being published is such a new thing...

Went for Budoukan and Killing Bites again.
Best of luck there. If Killing Bites gets something or Arachnid does, there's hope for the other.

I've only done the last few, but I think you're thinking of the last one which was split into genres whereas normally they're just manga, LN, other...
They do seem to mix up what they ask for in each survey too. Sometimes it's all directed towards one type of thing, next time they mix it up for something else. They probably do this when they want to focus on a particular area for licencing for that month.

Don't forget the Seven Seas March survey! :D I wish all publishers would hold one of these, but Seven Seas continues to be my favourite publisher for a good reason.

I actually submitted a webtoon this time as a suggestion. I started watching the A Business Proposal drama adaptation on Netflix and it's totally my kind of thing! I'd love to read it but I'd prefer to do so in physical print. Hopefully the drama will have increased attention enough for them to notice it.

Do you suppose there's any point in suggesting licenses that Sol press had? According to Wikipedia they're defunct and so Blend-S and Is the Order a Rabbit? English manga releases have been in limbo since.

Do you suppose there's any point in suggesting licenses that Sol press had? According to Wikipedia they're defunct and so Blend-S and Is the Order a Rabbit? English manga releases have been in limbo since.
No harm in it, but the Japanese publishers for those titles may be wary of licensing them back into English after what happened with SoL Press. It’s also possible that the current contracts won’t expire for a long time, so the rights may end up in limbo. :/

Back