Suggesting titles to publishers?

Did Budoukan again and Killing Bites on the Seven Seas survey.
Killing Bites is one of those mangas that I would have thought to have been a sure thing with it already having an anime adaptation, but it seems completely random as to what does and does not get an English release. Apart from the biggest stuff.
For example of all the shows I finished that season the one with the least members on MAL, Hakumei and Mikochi, does have an official English release meanwhile the aforementioned Killing Bites with 100000 more members doesn't!
Incidentally
Mitsuboshi colors
Was also from the same season and has 30000 more members on MAL than H&M.

Does anyone know if a title is published by Kodansha in Japan, can another publisher publish it outside of Japan? Sorry if that's a silly question...

I may have wasted one of my monthly votes with Seven Seas, just looked at my Japanese copy and realised it was Kodansha. Should I try to appeal to them to make an English print instead?

Does anyone know if a title is published by Kodansha in Japan, can another publisher publish it outside of Japan? Sorry if that's a silly question...

I may have wasted one of my monthly votes with Seven Seas, just looked at my Japanese copy and realised it was Kodansha. Should I try to appeal to them to make an English print instead?

If it's Kodansha then it's more likely to be licensed by them outside of Japan, but it's not unheard of for Seven Seas to license their series. Skip and Loaf is from a Kodansha magazine for example and they have that, while J-Novel Club have Marginal Operation which is a similar situation. :)

Did Budoukan again and Killing Bites on the Seven Seas survey.
Killing Bites is one of those mangas that I would have thought to have been a sure thing with it already having an anime adaptation, but it seems completely random as to what does and does not get an English release. Apart from the biggest stuff.
For example of all the shows I finished that season the one with the least members on MAL, Hakumei and Mikochi, does have an official English release meanwhile the aforementioned Killing Bites with 100000 more members doesn't!
Incidentally

Was also from the same season and has 30000 more members on MAL than H&M.

Best of luck with Killing Bites, as I'm after Arachnid. If either gets a slot, it opens up the possibility for the other due to the same author.
Recently half the stuff seems to be isekai though which is a pain.

If it's Kodansha then it's more likely to be licensed by them outside of Japan, but it's not unheard of for Seven Seas to license their series. Skip and Loaf is from a Kodansha magazine for example and they have that, while J-Novel Club have Marginal Operation which is a similar situation. :)
That's super useful to know, thank you very much! I don't have to lose hope, then :D

Longer survey than usual with Seven seas. Managed to list the titles I wanted at least.
The Kodansha one is more of a pain, since the titles I want in print at Fate series stuff and that wasn't listed.

Longer survey than usual with Seven seas. Managed to list the titles I wanted at least.
The Kodansha one is more of a pain, since the titles I want in print at Fate series stuff and that wasn't listed.
Yup, I don't know how I feel about only being able to suggest one per category this time but it's nice to have more options. I suggested one for each manga category.

The Seven Seas one was me trying to fit what I want into the categories, which I think more or less worked.
Fantasy - Shadows House
Yuri - If My Favourite Pop Idol Made it to the Budoukan, I Would Die
Comedy - Wasteful Days of High School Girls
Action - Killing Bites
Fanservice - Ekoda-chan (she is naked when at home, but I don't think it's really done in a fanservicy way. So this is the most tenuous)

Kodansha seemed mostly about getting stuff in print, but the second page was for an English version. Went for Budoukan again.

The Seven Seas one was me trying to fit what I want into the categories, which I think more or less worked.
Fantasy - Shadows House
Yuri - If My Favourite Pop Idol Made it to the Budoukan, I Would Die
Comedy - Wasteful Days of High School Girls
Action - Killing Bites
Fanservice - Ekoda-chan (she is naked when at home, but I don't think it's really done in a fanservicy way. So this is the most tenuous)

Kodansha seemed mostly about getting stuff in print, but the second page was for an English version. Went for Budoukan again.
I also voted for If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die in the LGBT section, I really hope it gets picked! I kind of struggled to fit one into the horror/action category but I put a psychological type of series in there... close enough I'm hoping?

Yup, I don't know how I feel about only being able to suggest one per category this time but it's nice to have more options. I suggested one for each manga category.

Same. The downside to it means some of my suggestions are limited as they aren't the right category and I already have a preferred option in there. However it also does mean that they are likely considering a series from each category potentially, to release a mix of genres.

I decided to help you out and also suggested If My Favorite Pop Idol Made it to the Budokan, I Would Die this month. And I suggested See You At The Food Court Tomorrow again. This time I included a short 2 paragraph description/"pitch" for each manga which I'm not sure if it was a good/helpful idea or not but I thought it might be more eye catching when they sort through all the answers...

I have got my Japanese version of Food Court but please, I would love to see this published in English so badly. Probably my number one most wanted modern/recent manga for English publication.
szP0O0s.jpg
Oh my gosh, it wasn't Seven Seas but... it happened!! I hope some of you guys will pick up and support this one with me, so happy to see it come over to English.

Looks cute kinda reminds me of Please tell me galko-chan.
Yeah the theme is definitely similar, casual girl talk with a gyaru-like character. But also very different imho because I didn't like Galko-chan (and I love gyaru series so I REALLY wanted to like it, but it just felt vulgar to a gross degree at times for me) and this one has a very different cleaner tone. The characters also feel more real and relatable to me, but of course that's my personal opinion. I would say if you liked Galko-chan's "Cute girls casually hanging out and talking" comedy theme you'll probably like this, though.

Back