Subtitled Gonzo anime online hours after airing in Japan

Well according to various places where BOST staff have posted, it's not their fault they can't offer more, it's due to licensing rights and the fact that Japanese companies in general are incredibly slow on the uptake when you report back to them about various things working or not working.

I'm 100% sure if this is a success there will be quite a lot of changes when the next show/s are started.

Oh and also, my CrunchyRoll account seems to have literally vanished... I can't sign in and nor does it say I even have an account anymore when I request it. Ridiculous... And I do highly doubt it's because I posted a comment saying how poor the video quality is and that I'd be going to BOST.

Interesting how some countries are being blocked downloads on Crunchyroll, and apparently they get told about this AFTER they've donated some money. Obviously, it's not happening to UK viewers, so I'm wondering which countries are being locked out. Sounds a bit strange.

Paul said:
Interesting how some countries are being blocked downloads on Crunchyroll, and apparently they get told about this AFTER they've donated some money. Obviously, it's not happening to UK viewers, so I'm wondering which countries are being locked out. Sounds a bit strange.

I've been hearing that, but I think it's just a glitch, apparently it's something to do with Firefox... The deal was meant for all countries except Japan though, so you never know.. some people may have IP's similar to ones in Japan that got blocked as well.. I don't think anyone really knows.

I dl'ed Druaga last night and watched part of it (didn't have much time) and enjoyed what I saw. I paid $2 at CrunchyRoll for it and while it did look pixelated on my 42 inch tv, it sitll didn't look half bad.

I'm really impressed with this and when I finish work tonight will DL tonights episode :)

melonpan said:
Blassreiter's up and ready on BOST now :D

...And HOLY **** it's amazing!
Hum? Between them not being able to choose between calling thier monsters one thing or another and such, I just didn't fell anything towords it.

I liked it when it was called Gyver: the bio-boosted armour.

WOW...As expected of the guy who directed Gantz can't wait till next week.

Conan-san said:
I liked it when it was called Gyver: the bio-boosted armour.

The story so far is nothing like Guyver at least give it more than 1 episode before you start comparing them...

melonpan said:
The first fansub for Druaga is out...

That's quite a disgrace really, in my opinion.

Any thoughts?

Yes, where do I downl- uh, I mean... that's not too surprising really. This was never going to be something where a couple of episodes are made available for legal download and suddenly the fansubs disappear. At the end of the day, there'll always be fans who just won't pay for stuff.

Ramadahl said:
melonpan said:
The first fansub for Druaga is out...

That's quite a disgrace really, in my opinion.

Any thoughts?

Yes, where do I downl- uh, I mean... that's not too surprising really. This was never going to be something where a couple of episodes are made available for legal download and suddenly the fansubs disappear. At the end of the day, there'll always be fans who just won't pay for stuff.

Very true. It's just a little dissapointing seeing hundreds of people downloading it, with not a mention for the stream thing.

Ah well.

Seems Crunchyroll have had to remove Druaga for unspecified reasons. Interesting, I guess, but kind of sucks too. I'd hate to see all of this die after just a few days of action.

Paul said:
Seems Crunchyroll have had to remove Druaga for unspecified reasons. Interesting, I guess, but kind of sucks too. I'd hate to see all of this die after just a few days of action.

Last time I checked the stream, Crunchyroll had changed the format to softsubs, for whatever reason, and the format of the video seemed to have changed. So I'm guessing Crunchyroll did something without Gonzo knowing, i.e used different subs to what Gonzo provided, and therefore Gonzo has stopped them from showing it anymore.

I could be totally wrong, but it seems strange that it's ONLY Crunchyroll who have to take it down.

melonpan said:
I could be totally wrong, but it seems strange that it's ONLY Crunchyroll who have to take it down.
I think your almost completely wrong, The Admin of CR, Shinji had to take it down and to be honest, It all seems a little bit iffy from what he wrote (here). From what I know, BOST TV provided all the subtitles for all the uploads. I think the softsubs are just to go along with the RAWs that probably get uploaded. It makes me feel a bit sad with the fact that GONZO put all this money into CR and its not really seeing its light of day. On the otherside of things, BLASSREITER is also getting decent cash, £25 for one episode last time I checked. ;o

Jayme said:
melonpan said:
I think your almost completely wrong, The Admin of CR, Shinji had to take it down and to be honest, It all seems a little bit iffy from what he wrote (here). From what I know, BOST TV provided all the subtitles for all the uploads. I think the softsubs are just to go along with the RAWs that probably get uploaded. It makes me feel a bit sad with the fact that GONZO put all this money into CR and its not really seeing its light of day. On the otherside of things, BLASSREITER is also getting decent cash, £25 for one episode last time I checked. ;o

What do you think the reason could be?

It sounds like there's been an objection to Crunchyroll on some level. It's no secret that they've largely profited off of illegal material, so they have various enemies scattered across the US and Japan. Whatever it is, they've probably been pulled up on a technicality. Since it's explicitly stated that it's nothing to do with GDH, I'm thinking it's perhaps a rights issue concerning the opening or ending themes; a pissed off record label annoyed at Crunchyroll's multiple infringements on their artists' copyrights.

At the very least, I'm curious as to see what is going on. CR always was and always has been the dodgy one out of the lot GONZO picked. Also, I think BOST were the only people who seemed genuinely greatful for what GONZO helped with them. With everything CR done it seemed very tongue-in-cheek. A bad analogy is the police giving a bank robber who has stole before and will steal again a great wad off cash. With YouTube the size that it is, I don't expect them to put up banners for it (It was harder than it should've been to find the uploads, though) so, I see now harm done there since remove most copyrighted uploads, Without the companies asking.

I find the music copyright a bit difficult to believe, as well. GONZO should've surely known about the music and what's happening with it, The people who sing the OP and ED are part of avex-trax so they should know what was going on, really.

I'm just going to stay tuned and see what this "Shinji" guy scraps up. The people on the God-awful CR forums seem to also be curious.

Back