Street Fighter IV!!!!!!!!

Button mashing is limited to people's opinion. There aren't many games out there which I do consider button mashers personally, and no I've never been defeat in a Tekken game just because someone was using low kicks. Hell Jin has a combo in Tekken which takes 90% of your opponent's health if you can land the first blow to start the chain, that's far worse than button mashing to me. I can handle a noob who doesn't know how to play the game, I can't handle a guy who's using a an attack or a combo which will pretty much win him the entire round.

PS. Capcom says SFIV won't even be out for over a year still, so don't get too excited.

Nemphtis said:
PS. Capcom says SFIV won't even be out for over a year still, so don't get too excited.
I'll try my best to maintain enthusiasm... and then complain up a storm when it isn't *perfect* of course! :lol:

I hear the new Guilty Gear game will be in 3D. 2D fighters are thin on the ground these days so hopefully this one'll work out alright. By the time SFIV comes out, I'll probably be playing Soul Caliber 4 anyway. Oh well... :D

INSANE!!! Well now I can stop playing my dusty version of Street Fighter 2:Hyper Mega Ultra Super Terra Extreme FX Fantastical Kickass 2000 Awesome Edition

But really this is fantastic news!

wow, at least that answeres the question of 2-d or not 2-d. I hope capcom know what they're doing so that the game doesn't turn out like Street Fighter Ex...

EDIT: So it's 3D characters with 2d gameplay? Intresting, only four returning characters announced so far (Ryu, Ken, Chun Li, Dhalism) I doubt that they will be the only characters returning. Now if only capcom can get the Marvel licence back from EA so they can do a Marvel vs Capcom 3...

Not sure about the whole 3D graphics on a 2D plain as it's rarely worked in the past for fighting games. Will have to wait and see I guess but not overly convinced. :? Fingers crossed that it'll be good.

*wants Street Fighter Alpha 4 in 2D*

Kireek said:
I am a fighting game fan and let me tell you this game is only average to say the least and will sell on name alone

To be fair we won't know that till playable versions of the game are released, and to date some of the Street Fighter games have been outstanding (mainly Street Fighter Alpha 3 in my opinion). Though i can't wait to see what kind of storyline they cook up for this one :roll:

Kireek said:
This is the thing..............i have allready played it

Do you by any chance just not like Street Fighter?? If a game is rubbish, then the reviews will come out and say it, and will eventually lose popularity. Simple. If its bad, we'll know about it. People have high expectations and dont want to be let down. Also, its Capcom who have never dissapointed me.

I think i'll stay with the 'Street Fighters gonna be awesome' belief that I have :) :)

No dont get me wrong i like the streetfighter series.............but this will get 7/10 review scores (which aint terrible but that score will probebly dissapoint a lot of people)

They could have made this better but i guess they were thinking that it will sell just because it is called streetfighter. I mean kof 12 looks a lot better than this but seeing as its called king of fighters it wont sell if you understand.

Kireek said:
No dont get me wrong i like the streetfighter series.............but this will get 7/10 review scores (which aint terrible but that score will probebly dissapoint a lot of people)

They could have made this better but i guess they were thinking that it will sell just because it is called streetfighter. I mean kof 12 looks a lot better than this but seeing as its called king of fighters it wont sell if you understand.

If the rest of the series has been crud, then it wont sell. However if it gets awesome reviews, then the next one in the series probably will sell. With Street Fighter, it will be good, just people if they get too excited will be dissapointed. Just like Smash Bros Brawl, I thought it'd be the best thing since sliced bread. It wasnt. It couldnt live up to its hype, and it would be impossible for it.

Anyway, back on topic. Its capcom. It'll be fine.

Spyro201 said:
Kireek said:

If the rest of the series has been crud, then it wont sell. However if it gets awesome reviews, then the next one in the series probably will sell. With Street Fighter, it will be good, just people if they get too excited will be dissapointed. Just like Smash Bros Brawl, I thought it'd be the best thing since sliced bread. It wasnt. It couldnt live up to its hype, and it would be impossible for it.

Anyway, back on topic. Its capcom. It'll be fine.

I think that could be this games downfall, the hype though that is the same with most games nowadays and they rarely meet the hype, apart from MGS4 though but since reviewers have been giving it 9.3 instead of 10 people have still been calling for blood.

Still i've got a feeling that Capcom won't let us down, they've been on a pretty good run so far and it would be a shame if they messed up now

BlackWolf said:
I think that could be this games downfall, the hype though that is the same with most games nowadays and they rarely meet the hype, apart from MGS4 though but since reviewers have been giving it 9.3 instead of 10 people have still been calling for blood.

Still i've got a feeling that Capcom won't let us down, they've been on a pretty good run so far and it would be a shame if they messed up now

Yah. But I dont think Street Fighter has had nearly as much hype as Smash Bros or Metal Gear etc.

I think it'll do fine. Capcom never fail.

Capcom have let me down, four newcomers excluding the boss and the original twelve world warriors? IS THAT IT!? NO STREET FIGHTER III!? NO CAMMY!? Capcom, you suck.

Back