Steins;Gate 0 - Episode 23

The series has closure and the next game is already out Steins;Gate Elite, and I ain’t pulling it out of my **** I just read the VNs got invested in its world and understood and did things like rewatched SG before Zero

Also FWIW i hated zero’s anime it was a terrible adaption and a terrible anime but the VN is better and makes more sense the two worldlines Route was better than this random mess merged into became

The anime long surpassed what I had played of the Steins;Gate 0 light novel, so I was admittedly disappointed to learn that was the final episode. Not because I didn't enjoy it, but as it's been years since I watched the first anime, I think that as a standalone series, a more fitting finale may have been to actually see the Steins;Gate worldline that the whole series was about reaching? Like, even a brief epilogue showing a worldline where both Kurisu and Mayuri live. Maybe I need to rewatch the first series...

The anime long surpassed what I had played of the Steins;Gate 0 light novel, so I was admittedly disappointed to learn that was the final episode. Not because I didn't enjoy it, but as it's been years since I watched the first anime, I think that as a standalone series, a more fitting finale may have been to actually see the Steins;Gate worldline that the whole series was about reaching? Like, even a brief epilogue showing a worldline where both Kurisu and Mayuri live. Maybe I need to rewatch the first series...
There is an OVA.

Not because I didn't enjoy it, but as it's been years since I watched the first anime, I think that as a standalone series, a more fitting finale may have been to actually see the Steins;Gate worldline that the whole series was about reaching? Like, even a brief epilogue showing a worldline where both Kurisu and Mayuri live. Maybe I need to rewatch the first series...
I still think the entire point of this was to get a bigger budget to make the next game and so its been left open for a sequel :confused:

There is an OVA.
There was an OVA for the first season, and then a film afterwards. Look what happened there - it still got a sequel o_O

OK as I understand it the timeline is S;G eps 1-22 then 23β then S;G 0 then S;G eps 23 (the last 10 minutes or so) and 24.

So it still doesn't change the fact the story goes from A to B and then all gets undone again back to A again apart from the very last part of S;G 24 after they've tricked ep 1 Okabe into thinking Kurisu is dead and they've achieved Steins;Gate, just the whole story is now twice as long!

The A-B-A thing was a problem I had with the first season although that was way more fun, at least until Mayuri started dying over and over, and more understandable. Whereas the stuff that happened in this series was confusing at points and Okabe was a miserable bastard for most of it.

Last edited:
Someone really didn't like it:
I have to agree with some of it, but most of the time I never pay enough attention to the small details to notice when things change like Darus outfit.

Someone really didn't like it:
I have to agree with some of it, but most of the time I never pay enough attention to the small details to notice when things change like Darus outfit.
Its a different world line of course things are different.
And I disliked the anime but the VN was good
Slagging of VNs in the first minute, I am not going to listen to thats persons opinion anymore

Last edited:
Back