Spring Season

Ryo Chan said:
though that mayoi neko overrun pic may tempt me :D
Get on this! I'm sure you'd like it.

Also, copypasta from elsewhere:

I could have waited to watch the first ep of House of Five Leaves, but since Suika started the ball rolling and somehow I am actually up to date on everything that I want to watch this season, with the exception of Oofuri season 2 (currently rewatching season 1 before I start that), Ring ni Kakero (which is airing on some PPV channel), and Yutori-chan (which I keep forgetting about), here we go:

New shows:

Sangoku Engi (2) - First "proper" Rot3K show I've watched, I think. Pretty decent given the scope of the thing it's trying to adapt, looks very nice at times but others look a little bit bootleg.

Giant Killing (2) - Really feeling this so far. I'm not usually as big on the idea of soccer over other sports when it comes to fiction, but this relatively unique approach is winning me over.

Working!! (2) - Ridiculously entertaining. Was maybe towards the bottom of my list before the season started, is right near the top now. I am quite in love with Mahiru.

UraBoku (1) - First ep was a lot more intriguing than I expected, and it's from J.C.Staff. Might just be enough to keep me watching it.

Arakawa Under the Bridge (2) - Still not entirely sure if it's just covering things up by being utterly insane, but atm it's a riot. Very funny, and with some surprisingly sweet moments.

Kiss x Sis (2) - Well... pretty much does what it says on the tin. ^^; And I can't ask for a lot more.

Senkou no Night Raid (2) - Great atmosphere, awesome setting, cool characters... I'm liking this show a lot, but hopefully they will have time to fully develop the story that seems to be running in the background.

Mayoi Neko Overrun! (2) - The main girls are all ace. Not quite sure what the show wants to do with them yet, though. Has potential, and if all else fails it has some of the best Thigh High Cam shots I've seen in a long time.

RAINBOW (2) - Yikes. Not exactly a show to pull its punches, but it's quite compelling all the same. Again, slightly worried whether they will be able to pull together a coherent direction for the show or not.

K-ON!! (2) - Knee jerk reaction, this is going to be even better than the first season. Yui is being especially amazing.

Heroman (2) - This is a whole load of fun. Heroman is a really nice design, and the production values are stupidly high. Joey might be a bit too [strike]attractive[/strike] girly to carry the show, though.

B-gata H-kei (2) - Haven't stopped loling yet. Not sure why they decided to market the show around the premise they did, I know a few people who have been put off by it, and I'm sure they'd actually like the show if they tried it.

Kaichou wa Maid-sama! (2) - Absolutely love the character designs, and the two leads work brilliantly. Very funny, and with a little bit of a "bite", too.

Ikkitousen XX (3) - Massive return to form (if you agree that Ikkitousen can be "on form"). Love Mouki, and can't wait to meet Chuubou again next ep.

Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou (2) - This is just OK, so far. Might well pick up a bit now with Fujiko's appearance, and there is potential in some of the characters for something better.

Angel Beats! (2) - I was sold on the first episode alone, but the second was even more fantastic. Very intriguing, very beautiful. Along with K-ON!!, one of my two guaranteed imports at this stage.

SD Gundam Sangokuden BBW (2) - I kind of like the Gundam designs in this, maybe even enough to pick up a couple of model kits. I want to say there's more to it as Liu Bei seems to have a slightly different standing to usual 3K-based things, but I'm not sure it really warrants any deep analysis. ^^;

Hakuouki (2) - Love Shinsengumi stuff, and the second ep really delivered on that side of things. One or two cool characters, so I'll probably keep it on.

Continuing shows:

Fairy Tail (25) - Enjoying it enough now that it's pretty inevitable I will pick up the manga soon. Very pleased to add another awesome female to the cast in the shape of Juvia.

Durarara!! (13) - Oh heck, how have I avoided importing this? The show is just too damn good. It can't be fair to have this many great characters contained in the same series.

Seikon no Qwaser (13) - looooooool, this show is just too much jokes. Hits new highs every week. Actually going to be importing it, which is borderline ridiculous.

that arakawa under the bridge looks..interesting so I'll check that out. Plus there's a JC Staff animation, this must be noted. I see what A-1's Workings! like and possible K-On season 2 since I watched the first, sure hope there's music in this one.

I can basically gather what Ryo be watching
elementary school girls that can change into idol princesses

looks like yet another season of mediocrity....... seen most of the trailers for these shows and well most of them are very yawn.

however 2 i am so looking forward to are Gundam Unicorn and Iron Man :)

Jayme said:
Your opinion is wrong. This season is epic.

ok lets put it this way, this is a season of mediocrity in my eyes, as in theres nothing here really of interest to me, nothing that stands out from the crowd and personally i prefer my shonen action series/mecha series of which there isnt many this season.. maybe im just being a fool hoping that some new long running shonen series which kicks ass will come along or even a short awesome show such as blassreiter, viper's creed or sengoku basara, im personally not one for what seems to be half of that list, the kind of animes that rely on little cute girls showing off whats in my oppinion a lil too much ass or those that are about sport, but hell as i said thats just my preferances if yours are those exact shows then it seems to be a good season for you.

You've currently got at least five ongoing series which fit your bill, plus Heroman that started this season.

If the only pass for quality is "must be as good as Blassreiter", then I don't know if there's *ever* been a mediocre season of anime.

Plus, by your own admission, you've only watch trailers, and not even for all of the shows... so what's the point in even giving your "opinion" any further than saying "I am not watching any new shows this season"?

Statements like "nothing that stands out from the crowd" mean absolutely nothing - what crowd is RAINBOW lost in? What about Senkou no Night Raid? Angel Beats? Arakawa? Or just the shows that are simply executed better than 98% of other shows in their genre that I've seen, like Working!! or Kaichou wa Maid-sama!?

You want things to stand out from the crowd... by being more long running shounen fighting series? What?

That-Bastard-Bad-Guy-Aion said:
Rainbow. I don't give a toss about anything else.

clipboard02ytu.jpg

clipboard05o.jpg

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VDjt2agwsMk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VDjt2agwsMk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

{New Favourite Anime} {Found It!}

More anime needs to be made like this... and less for that pedophile Maes to masturbate over. I always liked The Shawshank Redemption quit a bit.

I love the fact Rainbow looks seriously hardcore, but every chance they get they play some shonen guitar riff and give an inspirational speech. Love the show.

Any anime with an 'evil' prison warden, intent on beating people to death, and a doctor who's more than likely intending to do more than inspect the anuses of the inmates is a-ok with me.

The look of the show (Madhouse = <3), the tone of the show (depressing/bleak, with some hope) and the character-focused execution all combine to make me luuuuuuv it. The part that has stood out the most so far (and made it very clear that it's far more mature than other, far more childish anime) is when, in the second episode, an escapee fails to save his sister from getting sold to a rapist guy; his sister giving him the cold shoulder and crying later. No forced happy endings here!

Broship > Women

I already saw this list, nothing sword n sorcery orientated though, might content myself with Neko Overrun because of the Stray Cats/Brian Setzer connection, but otherwise may have to wait for a sequel to Tears To Tiara or somp'n, lol!

Angel Beats - Didn't do it for me, by episode 3 I was bored. I wanted to know more about the world it's set in but it was NOPE, WATCH THIS HARUHI LIKE SEQUENCE OF GIRLS IN A BAND! instead.

Heroman - Yes, Bones, you get what an American/Japan co-production should be, lots of ball punching though, it has to be said.

Daimoh - Oh, Oh my. For a show that's a Harem show with metric 'eff-tons of fanservice, it takes the genre and says "you know what, we're not going to have a useless protagonist, he's going to kick ass and he will earn that harem." Also, limbs get twisted clean off with Mind Bullets, that's telekinesis, Kyle!

Back