Spirited Away & Ghibli: overrated rubbish?

Status
Not open for further replies.
neptune2venus said:
kupoartist said:
it's about Miyazaki's right to have his works uncensored, and given "as is" to worldwide audiences.

The right to world domination! If anything was going to be cut out of his work, it would probably benefit us all. One of the main points between a good and bad film is how it is edited. I agree if they cut out a five minute section with X, walking on a 'beautiful' landscape with 'zomg' animation, if it does nothing to the plot.
They must have just changed something in the Matrix...

Anyone else wish that this topic would just die? I hate being compelled to reply to something that advances nothing on either side.

kupoartist said:
Anyone else wish that this topic would just die? I hate being compelled to reply to something that advances nothing on either side.

It was fun while it lasted, but I do feel the topic itself is dragging out. There are only so many sarcastic comments that I can do in one day! :p

Perhaps if there wasn't so many on the pro-ghibli side too, we would have a much better argument.

kupoartist said:

I'm enjoying reading this topic too much; this may sound rather offensive, but it seems akin to watching Neptune2venus fishing and everyone else taking the bait, and then dangling from her rod as she directs it where she wants it to. Neptune the puppetmaster, if you will. ;)

Thus, I am going to try not to get caught up in this argument. Personality, I enjoy many of the Ghibli films greatly, although my favourite, Grave of the Fireflies, is not a Miyazaki film. Miyazaki has a very definate style that he tends to employ to great effect, and so if someone dislikes this style, they may find many of his other films tiresome, or at least not count them as great films.

Chomolungma said:
kupoartist said:

I'm enjoying reading this topic too much; this may sound rather offensive, but it seems akin to watching Neptune2venus fishing and everyone else taking the bait, and then dangling from her rod as she directs it where she wants it to. Neptune the puppetmaster, if you will. ;)

It's not actually that sophisticated, it's simply internet trolling. It's been a good read, but it can go on forever as the next round of Neptune2venus baseless accusations roll around; apparently Miyazaki is after world domination now? I heard that him and Steven Spielberg are secretly backing Arnold Schwarzenegger to become president of the United States; some one has to be pulling his strings after all. I read some newspaper (so this is a fact) that said 37% of the profit made by Howl's Moving Castle was pipped secretly to the Schwarzenegger foundation for "broken body builders".

that Disney are going to start inserting subliminal frames into Ghibli releases

don't tell me your one of these that belive Disney put secret messages in their shows like the supposed "all good girls take their clothes off" line from Aladdin lol

Paul said:
It's not actually that sophisticated, it's simply internet trolling. It's been a good read, but it can go on forever as the next round of Neptune2venus baseless accusations roll around; apparently Miyazaki is after world domination now? I heard that him and Steven Spielberg are secretly backing Arnold Schwarzenegger to become president of the United States; some one has to be pulling his strings after all. I read some newspaper (so this is a fact) that said 37% of the profit made by Howl's Moving Castle was pipped secretly to the Schwarzenegger foundation for "broken body builders".

True on the first count, although to keep it going for so long, Neptune has to be talented; :lol: on the second. In fact, did you know that all profits from non-Miyazaki Ghibli have been spent on creating Victory Gundams for the renegade army of Miyazaki-Spielberg? Apparently Tomino has promised $6 billion by way of reward to anyone who destroys the suits and all evidence of the V Gundams' existance. :roll:

Apparently Tomino has promised $6 billion by way of bounty to anyone who destroys the suits and all evidence of the V Gundams' existance

Really?

watch closely men, and i'll show you all how to kill a god....... er Gundam

Paul said:
It's not actually that sophisticated, it's simply internet trolling.

And some people take me far too seriously. :wink:

Paul said:
Neptune2venus baseless accusations roll around; apparently Miyazaki is after world domination now?

Indeed he is. After making millions, he spent half of it building a V Gundam as Chomo has previously said. That's why he is quoted as 'having less than he did before' The V Gundam's whereabouts is currently in Miyazaki's goldplated Harrod's box in the depths of the Shibuya district. It's so big that nobody notices!

Chomolungma said:
although to keep it going for so long, Neptune has to be talented

Now that's one statement that I can agree with. :D

neptune2venus said:
Paul said:
It's not actually that sophisticated, it's simply internet trolling.

And some people take me far too seriously. :wink:

It's not that I take you seriously, I (and many other people, judging by the amount of the intelligent replies you've had) actually want to engage you in a serious debate. After all, we are an anime discussion forum, not an audience for your accusational rantings.

So with that I assume this thread has reach it's end?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back