Spider Man Three

I saw this the other day and thought it was good for what it was, would have preferd peter to turn dark instead of hyper cocky but was to be expected in a 12a movie. Venom was definetly rushed but if ya know the story then it was alright and the ending with sandman drifting of was so melodramatic I almost laughed. All in all it was a very entertaining film and i hope that they do bring back venom and introduce carange in the next film, although my bro seems to think that a man spider/ lizard mutation story with sandman coming back to save the day would be preety cool 8)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hyaku said:
skikes said:
it was shite ¬_¬

It was definitly lacking, but I wouldn't go as far as to say it was shite. =0

$151.1 million USD says you are wrong.

Are you a superhero movie hater? ;d

noooooo i LOVE comic books and comic book movie, ima MEGA x-men fan... but i just thought spiderman 3 was pure SHITE!

********SPOILER ALERT*********

sandman as main villian = shite
not enough venom = shite
movie version of venom/eddie brock = shite
peter parker throughout the entire movie = shite
harrys entire role and "amnesia" = shite

********SPOILERS END**********

ok i could made my review of the movie sound alot more intelligent wit buzz words and a lenghty word count but i thought this amused more and was to the point =]

I have heard, that the small sample of the symbiote suit that conners had becomes carnage in the next movie, and i do not believe that they killed off eddie brock due to the lack of remains/body, no matter how strong the bomb was.
I want a spidey-beyonder film!

Jotas said:
I have heard, that the small sample of the symbiote suit that conners had becomes carnage in the next movie, and i do not believe that they killed off eddie brock due to the lack of remains/body, no matter how strong the bomb was.
I want a spidey-beyonder film!

Thats what we are hoping, I just hope they get Carnages host better than they did Venoms. I agree you can't kill off Brock, as Venom is pretty much invulnerable, as long as one bit og the symbiot survives he survives

It would be hard to accurately portray carnages host well cause the film will probably be another family friendly one, which a psychokiller type guy wont fit into too well!

McIcy said:
Your right I guess but then carnage is a lot like the Joker from DC comics only without the funny.

Less funny more psychoatic, after all the host in a crazy Murderer, & anyway if the Spider-man movies had been done rite Peter parker would have been a wise ass to JJ & as Spidey he would have took the piss more at the bad guys. Not one Smart ass comment about any of the baddies in the entire movies. Yea in the symbiote suit he had one smart ass comment but as a whole no smart assness

I just watched it earlier today.

For villains, it seemed to be rather bloated and there was not much room for developing a compelling or at least half-decent story for any of them since there were so many. Sand Man was rather bland and Brock/Venom barely got enough screen time. He was rather quick to want to kill Peter Parker. If it had gone on for the whole film, fair enough, but his anguish lasted 30 minutes at most before he took action against him. Harry/New Goblin was the best of the three, but we already knew his story, so it wasn't awe-inspiring.

For everything else, it was pretty standard for the Spiderman films. The plot was decent and the performances were not bad. Topher Grace was, by far, the only one that was worth noticing. Action scenes were pretty good as always. They're always fast paced, and there's a good flow. People have said it jumped between different types of scenes too quickly (action to love to action, etc) but I disagree. If you leave gaps of nothingness, then it gets boring. I need something to keep my eyes watching the screen, which this film did successfully.

Overall, it was a good effort.

7/10

I'm doubting the Lizard will be in the fourth movie now that he has appeared in the third game.

Damn, they might ignore and still go with Lizard.

Carnage would look so awesome, And even though Venom didn't get enough screen time; you can't deny Venom looked ******* amazing and was a pleasure to look at.

Jayme said:
I'm doubting the Lizard will be in the fourth movie now that he has appeared in the third game.

Damn, they might ignore and still go with Lizard.

Carnage would look so awesome, And even though Venom didn't get enough screen time; you can't deny Venom looked ******* amazing and was a pleasure to look at.

I agree, and have heard speculation about ol'Doc Conners making a lizardy appearance.

I watched the movie last week and I thought it was awesome.

I loved the build up to when Peter became the darker version of himself, and even though he did look like a reject from Aiden or some other emo band, I really enjoyed his cocky personality.

The only gripe I have was that VENOM SHOULD HAVE GOT MORE SCREEN TIME, GODDAMMIT!!!

I mean, he's the main villain in the poster, that was what the movie was hyping up for, but he only got 20 minutes of screen time.

That pissed me off because I thought Venom was the highlight of the movie. Topher Grace really fit the Venom character.

Also, there wasn't enough of J. Jonah Jameson in the movie. Him and Bruce Campell and his staff with the engagement ring fiasco was very funny.

Overall, I really loved this movie.

By the way, here is the AVGN's views on the movie and explains why nothing is perfect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5G8LTe9m07Q

One thing I hated about the film, everytime eddie talked he had to peel away the mask, why couldnt thye keep it on, that few seconds he was talking and it was venoms's face talking was brillant. Now bring me Carnage and I will be happy

Ryo Chan said:
i dunno maybe another doc oc movie, i did notice a poster in the background of the bugle saying "doc oc still at large"

I think that was just a reference to the second film i mean we did see him drown lol

I did a read through, I may of missed, but you guys do know that an interview a while back I think just before or after the film came out ,they confirmed the fourth spidey 4, we all know that but they also said that a villian that died didn't actually die. Do not read this below if you anit seen spidey 3!
Since sandman drifted off (that was stupid) and goblin sort of became a hero, that and we saw him die there and then. That leaves venom.

I thought venom was ok, he wasn't in the flim long enough and I'm not a reader of the comics so I guess I can't compare him to that, but I thought he was still pretty sexy. Loved the part where he met sandman and there was a close up of his face and he squeeled

Well the fact that there was no body/corpse at the end of the film could show that he aint dead! Definitely Venom or carnage

Jotas said:
Well the fact that there was no body/corpse at the end of the film could show that he aint dead! Definitely Venom or carnage

Yes or we could have the seven other symbiotes lol

JAKEMAN said:
Jotas said:

Yes or we could have the seven other symbiotes lol

But there not really as RAD as these two.

Back