Spectrobes - the new Nintendo DS game...

It doesint look half bad and from what Ive read it has enough originality not to be considered a pokemon clone.

Just a shame Its coming out around the time when Pokemon is(in America at least)

yeah Outlawstar i agree, ive played it for a bit now since getting it this morning and its nothing like pokemon, just because of the monster collecting aspect they straight away brand it that.

its very unique and a fun game to play, pokemon for me is just too old now even if they revamp the game to play better on the ds, i dont know if i can be bothered to buy it, spectrobes however, i hope they make a sequel!

i just picked this game up today, and at first the game seemd soo err... how can i put it....'random'. i say this because, in the begining everything seems to happen so suddenly and i was slightly baffled.
but after an hour or so playing it, it has started to grow on me...and so far the game seems very interesting and cool.

Ninja Boy! said:
i just picked this game up today, and at first the game seemd soo err... how can i put it....'random'. i say this because, in the begining everything seems to happen so suddenly and i was slightly baffled.
but after an hour or so playing it, it has started to grow on me...and so far the game seems very interesting and cool.

Now that u've spent some more time playing the game, can u comment a bit more abt the game?

rum0ur said:
Ninja Boy! said:

Now that u've spent some more time playing the game, can u comment a bit more abt the game?

yeah sure.

well i am only splaying in small doses, but i think its been a few hours that i can put some comment on it.

well ok, the collecting spectrobes part of the game seems like a looong process, since you gotta find the fossils, then wake them up and leave them in the incubator whilst feeding them certain minerals. (then after they reach a certain stat level they will turn into the adult, or the final evolved form.

battle = the battle side of the game seems very boring, i mean you ahve 2 monsters with you, whilst you run around the small battle like arena fighting the monsters. i am pretty sure that each monsters have more attacks but so far all my monsters have only one attack.....
and to attack is pretty tedius at times because you gotta wait for the guage to fill up, then once its filled you either press the L (for the moster on the left) or the R (for the monster on the right) to attack....and it will just be a simple tackle like attack...which pretty bummed me out.
and you have to position yourself in such a way so that the spectrobes are next to the enemies to attack....

(NOTE - if anyone here who has the games and seems to know alot on it, then can someone gimme alot of info on the batle system, because i am pretty sure the spectrobes have more than just one attack)

Exploring = ok, simply put the world or areas you visit are just massive...but then again, it feels like they are big for no reason, because at the end of the day there will be a certain place for you to get to, but since there is no map (well so far) you have to spend a lot of time exploring the level for items, minerals and fossils (which are all done through excavating....) just to make sure you dont miss anything important.

well this is all i can say for now....

and oh....just to note...most of the time in this game, you will be trying to raise your spectrobes through battle and through the incubators.
i have heard that there are like literally 500 spectrobes in the game. but i only have like what...4? LOL

the battle is ok i think, using the right spectrobes, it can be fun, but it can be improved, people say it has too many repetitive points, really it depends, i dont think its that bad, maybe these people dont like seeing something more than once. but anyway, its a good game, buy it if u have a DS as its resonably priced aswell.

McIcy said:
Totally necessary from what i have been told
Ugh...**** it then.

Blowing makes me dizzy (Project Rub gave me bad headaches), and at the time and places I'd be playing the DS, it's just not possible for me to shout.

I'm really being driven away from Nintendo by all this **** they insist on shoehorning into their stuff (I know this isn't a Nintendo game, but it's their ridiculous technology, so yeah). The touch screen is fine, but I simply don't want to wave around and shout at my games. I don't call that "fun", I call it "uneccesary crap".

Am I weird for just wanting to sit down and press some buttons in peace?

no, i guess thats a fair point, there should be an option to turn them off, although it takes the interactivity aspect away, i havent checked if you can disable that or not ill check

Thanks for the review Ninja Boy. From what I've heard so far abt the game, it does sound really good...

the blowing isnt intense like project rub at least, anyway im still enjoying the game, ive just restarted it though as my sister had a go and bodged it up a bit hehe, i dont mind starting again, its good tbh :D

i couldnt take anymore from Spectrobes and traded it in at the new Gamestation near my college.
they gave me a good £20 trade in price for it, so without a moments hesitation i traded it for Castlevania Portrait of Ruin.
(Castlevania games rule)

mangamaniac said:
the blowing isnt intense like project rub at least, anyway im still enjoying the game, ive just restarted it though as my sister had a go and bodged it up a bit hehe, i dont mind starting again, its good tbh :D

lol :) I hope u didn't complete a lot of levels, or that'd mean u'd have to spend a lot of time repeating what u did...

i know what you mean mangamaniac
one of the main reasons why i was dissapointed with spectrobes was because of all the online hype and promotional stuff about the game. and that got me really interested. but after purchasing it and playing it felt so booring.
Castlevania POR is just awsome....i even played online co-op with a random dude and it was fun. and it has another rather odd mode which lets you set up a shop and sell and buy items from other around the world via WI-FI.

just a note to other peeps. if you were considering of getting spectrobes, dont let my comments put you off...get it if you want, but i personally didnt like it....i'd give it a 6/10 .

Which spectrobe is your fav? I quite like Spiko - it's one of the strongest spectrobe when evolved, & looks pretty cool too ;)

fair point Ninja boy, i mean everyone is different, we cant all like and dislike the same things, i mean before spectrobes ive been playing ff12, alot of mixed views among the FF community about the new battle system etc

but anyway id give spectrobes a 8.5/10, a sequel with improvements will be amazing

and rum0ur, well, i dont really have a favourite atm :p spiko is kool though

What about the characters? I quite like Rallen, not only because he's the one who can control the spectrobes, but also 'cos he looks pretty cool ;)

Back