Sonic Unleashed

Espy

Thousand Master
super_sonic_unleashed.jpg

Pics and Footage for Sonic Unleashed (probably on PS3 and 360), have been popping up, and I think it looks awesome. It merges 2D and 3D gameplay (with emphasis on 2D), and looks like the prettiest Sonic game ever. From what footage we have, it looks to have an Indian-African setting. I am excited. You should be too. Hopefully this is amazing - if it isn't, I think people will lose all of what little faith in the hedgehog they have left.

http://kotaku.com/371019/rumor-first-lo ... -unleashed

http://kotaku.com/371098/leaked-sonic-unleashed-footage

Of course, SEGA haven't confirmed that these are real, but it looks far too professional to be a joke. If it is, the person who made it should be hired at Sonic Team.

You know, I actually thought Shadow the Hedgehog was a pretty great game. I don't quite get why it gets as bashed as much as it does(except for the weak storyline). Anyway I have faith that they'll be more great Sonic games yet. What I want though is a new Sonic Adventure with adventure fields in tact more like the first SA game.

I can work out from the screenshots that Robotnik (stfu Eggman) takes away Sonic's Super abilities - perhaps as a result Sonic is left with this... thing?

Seems like all the levels are based in real-life locations - Africa, an indian city, and a greek city - both of which I forget the name.

Another emo-based Sonic game? Count me cynical, but can't he just go back to being mute and focus on rescuing the fluffy bunnies and birdies once again? I want the cute style back with a focus on gameplay over naff stories![/feverish rage]

I used to love Sonic, but I tried the uber-twitchy Sonic Heroes put me off them quite badly. Hopefully the 2D elements will be good so fingers crossed for that. Can anyone recommend Sonic on PS3?

Oh My God! I'm so very happy. Although, I really hope they do it right. Next-Gen Sonic The Hedgehog also looked good.. until it was released. This looks promising, though. I feel that this might have been in production whilst they were selling Sonic Rivals so, possibly, them two games in that series could be "tests" for this amazing piece of amazingness. The music was considerable different from the CRUSH40 stuff, I hope they get at least one song in it. ^__^

Sy said:
You know, I actually thought Shadow the Hedgehog was a pretty great game. I don't quite get why it gets as bashed as much as it does(except for the weak storyline). Anyway I have faith that they'll be more great Sonic games yet. What I want though is a new Sonic Adventure with adventure fields in tact more like the first SA game.
Shadow The Hedgehog handled very badly, I stuck with it for a lengthy amount of time and it is okay, It shouldn't get bashed as much as it does. A Sonic Adventure 3 would make my heart skip a beat, I would adore that. It must have chaos! I'm happy that this Unleashed seems very good, anyway.

Ushio said:
Can anyone recommend Sonic on PS3?
Worth a rental or a cheap buy, Not a good game, though.

Jayme said:
A Sonic Adventure 3 would make my heart skip a beat, I would adore that. It must have chaos!
My ideal Sonic Adventure 3 would have new enemies, NOT have Shadow and also bring back Amy as a playable character with the hammer. I liked he robot chasing missions she had in the first game.. Also bring back the awesome shoes he had in SA2.

i got it on 360 for £10
it's a good game if you can get the hang of it and can handle the load times,

theres more game than sonic adventure in there

Sy said:
Jayme said:
A Sonic Adventure 3 would make my heart skip a beat, I would adore that. It must have chaos!
My ideal Sonic Adventure 3 would have new enemies, NOT have Shadow and also bring back Amy as a playable character with the hammer. I liked he robot chasing missions she had in the first game.. Also bring back the awesome shoes he had in SA2.
Amy, Really? I've always found her a bit strange as a playable character. Shadow would be needed, I wouldn't want him to play a big part within the game, I don't see why he would need to be anyway. It shouldn't have Tails in that big blue mech - that irritated me, so much. But - It would also have to have that randomer, Silver The Hedgehog from the new game. I want it, but so many more characters would have to be in it, even if they are cameos. ;/

Ushio said:
Another emo-based Sonic game?

It doesn't look like an emo game to me, to be honest. The levels look quite bright, and the visuals look a lot more cartoony than previously. Sonic's model doesn't reek of "we're trying to make him look cool" this time around.

Ushio said:
Can anyone recommend Sonic on PS3?

Uh... no. I find it hard to believe anyone can.

It looks alright though, at least they're trying new things. If Shadow's in it this game is pretty much gonna fail. Bad character is bad. They should use Blaze more, now she's a good character.

I'll expect total crap, then I can be surprised if it's decent. It'd be ridiculous for me to actually expect this to be a fantastic game.

Taylor said:
Its not another "Run along the track, collect coins, dodge enemy" kind of game is it?

But they're the best kind of sonic game!

This new game does look intresting, but at the moment, i'm more looking forward to the new Bioware Sonic RPG game...though i get the feeling the idea behind it is "Oh look mario has an RPG game! Let's make one too"

BlackWolf said:
This new game does look intresting, but at the moment, i'm more looking forward to the new Bioware Sonic RPG game...though i get the feeling the idea behind it is "Oh look mario has an RPG game! Let's make one too"

That may be SEGA's inspiration, but Bioware certainly seem intent on making something special. Definately looking forward to that one.

Anyone remember the old Sonic the Comic? (The British one) Best characterisation of Super Sonic ever! (Indeed, after a few issues, the most adult sonic series ever!)

Ah nostalgia... :)

Heck this game looks decent. :D At last a good Sonic game coming. And I hope Shadow's in there, he's my favorite Sonic character!

Back