Sonic Unleashed

Rog said:
Lupus Inu said:
God damn I hate Shadow the Hedgehog, why couldn't he have just died in SA2?

Whats the deal with Shadow anyway? Isn't the anti-Sonic position filled by Knuckles? I haven't kept up much with Sonic since Sonic Adventures on the Dreamcast.

For some reason, Sonic Team decided that Knuckles wasn't good enough for that role anymore, and filled it with Shadow. As such, he has eight-year-old fanboys as Knuckles did a decade ago.

Im 15 and think Shadow's awesome. I think he's what the Sonic series needed, something Darker :) I loved the game Shadow The Hedgehog too :)

I think Shadow could of been done a whole lot better then what he turned out...though techincally isn't Shadow a robot anyway now? Judging by the team Dark's ending in SH it would seem there's been multiple copies made of him..

I did wonder what happened to the other team members of Chaotix, like Fang, who only made two game appearances to my knowlege (and one of them was in the abysmal Sonic The Fighters)

Last edited by a moderator:
The Knuckles x Sonic fight in Sonic X was awesome. To me, Shadow technically is a good character, I don't care for him all to much, though. He is the Sasuke of the Sonic world. No doubt. Shadow, was decent enough in SA2 because he turned up, had a lil fight with Sonic and then they began racing. Now, I just feel like that -are- milking him beyond belief. Knuckles and Shadow are somewhat incomparable, in terms of characters as well. Knuckles is like the Gaara of Sonic, He doesn't particularly like the titular character but helps out when he is needed.

Amy > Hinata
Rogue > Ino/Sakura
Tails > Konohamaru
Robotnik > Orochimaru
Mecha Sonic > ... Sai

It's still in my firm belief that Sonic 3 & Knuckles is the greatest Sonic game ever with Sonic Adventure following closely behind. Also Knuckles(Sonic 3) and Tikal(Sonic Adventure) had the best theme songs out of all the characters in all the games. For sure.

I never really liked Sonic 2. Didn't really get the hype on that one.

^Did you just compare Sonic to Naruto?????

I only hope that its a generally decent game, as tbh so far the latest ones haven't been at all good (Shadow the Hedghog was fun until you get a bit bored of continuously blasting things)

Sy said:
It's still in my firm belief that Sonic 3 & Knuckles is the greatest Sonic game ever with Sonic Adventure following closely behind. Also Knuckles(Sonic 3) and Tikal(Sonic Adventure) had the best theme songs out of all the characters in all the games. For sure.

I agree with you there about Sonic 3 & Knuckles being the best, though i rank Sonic CD as my 2nd favorite :wink: What i still don't get is why Sonic Team never just released Sonic 3 & Knuckles as Sonic 3 instead of splitting the game between Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles.

It was because there wasn't enough space on the cartridge to hold the full game so they had to split it and came up with the lock on idea.

I remember when it was first released. Epic gaming.

BlackWolf said:
Sy said:

I agree with you there about Sonic 3 & Knuckles being the best, though i rank Sonic CD as my 2nd favorite :wink: What i still don't get is why Sonic Team never just released Sonic 3 & Knuckles as Sonic 3 instead of splitting the game between Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles.

Sonic 3 and Knuckles is my favourite also, and Sonic CD easilly fits into the number 2 spot. However Sonic 2 is still extremely good, not to mention it is definately the most difficult sonic game to get all the damn emeralds on! :p

One of my first memories of the sonic games is "Sonic Twosday" way back in IIRC 1992 (I was 8) So it is good for that nostalgia aspect too :p

I just got Sonic Rush Adventure today and it's fantastic! If the new game is like an enhanced version of that then it should be something to look out for.

I'm still waiting for a fully roaming 3D sonic game that works =P I don't want any Sonic on 2D rails shite. Because if Mario can do it, so can Sonic... It's just Sega rush things...

I mean, Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 worked, right?

Chrono Mizaki said:
I'm still waiting for a fully roaming 3D sonic game that works =P I don't want any Sonic on 2D rails shite. Because if Mario can do it, so can Sonic... It's just Sega rush things...

I mean, Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 worked, right?

Sonic Adventure was good, buggy as hell, but generally good. My main issue is that it 'killed mobius' as it were. I MUCH prefered the old mega drive era stories (Expanded by Sonic the Comic) Somehow the 'new' stories really never feel to work with me. However despite horrible voice acting, I felt the soundtrack rocked (literally!)

Sonic Adventure 2 had some good bits, but was a step back in places, and had the horribly boring Tales/knuckles stages. It was again, buggy as hell in places.

Despite me being a massive sonic fan in the past (I was always for sonic in the 16 bit era) I have lost interest a bit due to the changes (and the god awful sonic 'pokemon' X series) and Zelda has since become my fave game series since Ocarina of Time (best. game. ever.) The only game I have played much since is secret rings and it sucks :(

Hey guys, please tell me, is this accurate:

Sonicgames.jpg

Y/N?

Heh. I get the feeling SEGA are trying hard with this game, and Sonic will hopefully be the only one playable. They would have mentioned other characters by now. Also, gameplay does not seem to be the "same old" - it looks fresh for a Sonic game of this era. 2D Sonic still works - proved by the Excellent Rush series and decent Rivals series. The only thing I'm worrying about is this werewolf.

It's a great image, though. Did you make it?

Funnily enough i just read a great article on the downfall of Sonic the Hedgehog on games radar i think it was. Which talked about all the games released and how they have got progressively worse. Also i had no idea about the cancelled Saturn game before reading that.

It's such a shame his games since the mega drive has just not been up to standard with his Nintendo counterpart. If Mario can do it why can't Sonic.
I can't stand all these really poor new characters but understand that they're a big draw for younger gamers who see them in the cartoons etc.
I havn't bought a Sonic game in 10 years and don't plan to but it would be nice to see him restored to his former glory and hopefully this time they'll get the camera angles right.

I used to read Sonic the Comic too and loved it. Me and Espy have discussed before our fondness for the classic like Golden Axe etc Wish i hadn't seen the post that guy did with all the spoilers for Sonic Tennis! as i'd have been so shocked and chuffed if i'd have borrowed the game and unlocked those old familiar faces, grrr.

If any character they should bring back it should be Metalix and i wouldn't mind seing Mighty again. They dropped him from Chaotix but in hindsight i bet he's glad he didn't participate in these newer games.

LukasROAR said:
Wish i hadn't seen the post that guy did with all the spoilers for Sonic Tennis! as i'd have been so shocked and chuffed if i'd have borrowed the game and unlocked those old familiar faces, grrr.

*Holds up his "I was right" sign*

Personally I don't think Mario games are that great anymore either. Mario Sunshine was rather boring and Mario Galaxy well... lets just say it was more than a little bit disappointing.

Sonic Rush Adventure proves there's still a lot of life left in Sonic. It's almost like a mesh of Sonic 3, Sonic Adventure and One Piece. Back to basics fast moving action with some new elements thrown in.

Back